PDA

View Full Version : Floppy Ears?

emc
07-06-2008, 11:27 PM
I know this is a frivolous question but do any of you that have dogs with standing ears ever flop them over just to see what your dog looks like with floppy ears? Whenever my dog is sitting with me I keep playing around with her ears and flopping them over to see how cute she looks with floppys. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who does this?

Digital Paint Pet Portraits (http://dogshop.50webs.com)

The_Duck
07-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Haha. Nope, I've got the opposite problem. I'm constantly playing with my floppy eared pups' ears and standing them up. :D:p

Karen
07-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Just make sure you don't damage the cartilage, or they may stay flopped!

bckrazy
07-07-2008, 12:01 AM
LOL! All the time....

I flip Gonzo's back a lot. They stay like that until he flips them back with his paws.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gonzoo/thizzle148.jpg

Fozzie's ears have much thicker cartilege, so it's hard to fold them back. But I occasionally tape them down. Bwahaha!
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg226/wegotanairshow/fozz5.jpg
(in my defense, I only did it once!)

So abusive. :p

boomersooner
07-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm constantly flopping one of Boomer's back into place because he runs and plays so hard, wrestling with his toys, that one of his ears always flops backward!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-07-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm always playing with Tobey's ears :D

cloverfdx
07-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Erica your a mean Mama lol ;). Poor Fozzie, he does look cute though.

I have the oppersite problem as well, i like 'pricked' ears, especially on Border Collies so am always making the dogs ears stand up ;). Harri's naturally flip backwards and he gets so cranky, and comes to me for help.. he is a funny boy.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Hehehe! I always play with Rita's ears... they're sooo big! And I really can't play with Sadie's ears, they are so tiny!:p:D

Casper
07-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm guilty!
I can't resist with Frisk's ears, they are so velvety soft. He puts me in mind of a large Chihuahua when I stand his ears up, hehe. He always gives me that look like "You are kidding me, right?". I guess I am more easily amused than he is at times. :]

lute
07-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm CONSTANTLY flipping Chloe's back to their correct position. I think that dog wants her ears flipped backwards. Matter of fact they are backwards at this moment.

Beanie's and Gracie's I don't mess with a whole lot. I like them with their ears up. Talon needs to keep his ears down. He looks like a crazy out of control puppy when he flips them up.

boomersooner
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Okay, I found myself guilty of another thing like the ear flipping....I just love paws....especially a puppy's big ol' paws....anyway, Boomer was lying on the floor, chewing on his toy like a good boy, and the little devil in me couldn't resist tickling the hair between his toes on his back paws...he jerked his foot away and gave me "a look"......oh well......guilty!