PDA

View Full Version : Another health issue?

davidpizzica
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I've noticed (so have other people)in the last few days that both of my hands are shaking. Especially when I'm holding something. I see my doctor tomorrow morning and I'm going to tell her about it. I hope it isn't something else going wrong, just what I need!

Karen
07-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Maybe just a reaction to some new medications? How much caffeine do you consume?

davidpizzica
07-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Maybe just a reaction to some new medications? How much caffeine do you consume?

Unfortunately more than I should, Karen. I drink a lot of diet Pepsi and maybe that's it. I'll mention this to the doc, too.

carole
07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh please stop drinking diet drinks, they are bad for you, drink water instead, i know it does not taste as good but better for you, i hope it is nothing to worry about my dear friend, it might well be a reaction to your medication, and ease as times goes on,thinking of you and hoping there is a good outcome, you don't need anymore health issues right now.

David i had heard diet drinks make you hungry and some people drink them hoping it will help their weight loss, but in actual fact it adds to it, just something to think on.

Catty1
07-06-2008, 08:29 PM
David - I use 100% juice blend drinks (only juice in them) and do them 1/2 and 1/2 with low-sodium plain soda.

I find them a lot more satisfying too.

Ya gotta start taking care of yourself, young man! ;):D

Laura's Babies
07-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Ya gotta start taking care of yourself, young man!

Soda's are not good for you period! Diet soda's are the worst! GET OFF of them! (hint, ever see a skinny person drinking a diet soda?)

Get all you medications and get on the computer and research them for side effects... Start here...

http://www.askapatient.com/rateyourmedicine.htm

carole
07-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Now that's telling ya bro, see everyone here really cares about your welfare, so listen up, we only want what is best for you, HUGS:love::love:

Medusa
07-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Sometimes stress will do it, too, and everyone has their fair share of it nowadays. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it's nothing serious. Until you find out, though, take good care of yourself and your diet, David.

jennielynn1970
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I know that some of my meds give me the shakes, but I also have had this tremor in my hands since I was young, so the meds exaggerate it. I've cut out caffeine, and don't drink soda. I do drink seltzer water and tonic water, because it still has the fizz in it, and I htink that's what I missed most about soda. Plus you can add nectars and juices to the seltzers and they taste yummy.

Hopefully your tremor isn't anything more than a mix of medications, and the need to cut back, and cut out the caffeine. Good luck and take care!!

Daisy and Delilah
07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
David, you have really hit a rough patch lately. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all is well. Please keep us posted. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}