PDA

View Full Version : Papa passed away last night... =*(

CountryWolf07
07-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Hello everyone..

I had to.. take some time, then now I can post this.... so, yeah.. to take it all in and realize that this really happened. I'm actually alright for the most part. It was expected.. he was dying.. slowly, and I just did NOT think it would happen NOW rather than later, but you know what.. he was suffering for the most part. I thank God that he was able to rest easy and pass away in his sleep last night at 1:25AM. My mom said that Papa said he was ready and if he COULD NOT be where he was 6 months ago, then he was ready..

I just think it was just.. wow, I hate the 4th of July weekend. I really do. My grandmother passed away on the 3rd.. and my brother's HS grad party was LAST NIGHT, and you know, I just think my grandpa waited until the right moment and left this world.

My mom and uncle went over to the hospital to see him last night, and you know, my uncle got arrested, got a DUI, and he was driving both of them. The cop was so HEARTLESS. I don't care, if I was there, I would've *(#U$(*#$# punched him. I'm sorry. My mom was crying and they both were saying that their dad was dying.. and the cops were like, "So what, can't do anything about it..." and they wanted to be there before he did. Such a.. you know, I will shut my mouth over this issue. My mom made it there but my uncle was put in a toll booth... and missed that moment. He couldn't even say goodbye. So he has this huge guilt over that.

I was thinking about going to see him this morning, but, I realized.. I did not want to.. and I'm glad I didn't. The last time I saw him was on Father's Day and he was happy to be around everyone. That was what I wanted to remember him by, laughing and smiling, and he was doing so great, then after that it was just.. going downhill. I don't know, I'm still angry but so upset at the same time that it couldn't been prevented. I don't know. It all started with an infection but I guess that was God's plan all the way to bring him home.

I was at Mike's for the night, and at that same time, I started crying so hard, because I just got a feeling but I didn't want to call home and to see if Papa was still OK, so, I did not find out until this morning when Mike brought me home. Mike is wonderful, he's been with me quite a bit over the weekend. He just recently left, and he wasn't sure if I would be OK and I told him to go home and I will be fine, it will take a while. I just think it's insane, how I've been with him and this happened. I just think that my grandma did really put him in my life for a reason.

So.. yeah.. I'm doing OK for the most part, but I still get really emotional. I have been emotional the last week and now all this week.. I am going to be exhausted.

boomersooner
07-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Prayers are with you and your family.

Rachel
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandpa seems to have been very precious to you. I know that you will miss having him in your life especially as you grow older and you realize just how much more you would like to share with him.

Karen
07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Prayers are with you, and your family.

RockyRoad
07-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I`m so sorry to hear about your grandfather, and that you`ve had such a sorrowful weekend. That is terrible how your uncle had to miss his last moments with his father because of that officer.. how heartless. :( Prayers are on the way.

lizbud
07-06-2008, 04:51 PM
I am so sorry.:( Sounds like you all are going through a very sad time
right now. Your Grandpa is a peace now.

Cinder & Smoke
07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
:(

So Sorry, Rachel.
Rest In Peace, Papa.

{{{Hugs}}}

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing.:( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

joycenalex
07-06-2008, 06:27 PM
so sorry rachel, prayers for you and your family

*LabLoverKEB*
07-06-2008, 06:41 PM
:(Oh, Rachel... I am so so terribly sorry to hear about your dear Papa. I know that you are going through a rough time right now, and we here at PetTalk are here for you, of course. I send all my love and prayers to your family.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Alysser
07-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Rachel, I am so sorry for your loss. May he finally rest in peace. (((hugs))) to you and your family.:(

sabies
07-06-2008, 07:45 PM
So sorry for your loss. Don't let your uncle feel guilty for not being there. At least your mom was. Your grandfather is fortunate to have had someone there and he knows that your uncle was there in his heart.

My grandfather was born and died on the 4th of July, I think he thought it was his day. Don't feel bad every July 4th - it's a time to celebrate and remember.

Ginger's Mom
07-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I am so sorry, Rachel. {{{Hugs}}}

cassiesmom
07-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Hugs to you , countrywolf07, keeping you in my prayers.

Catty1
07-06-2008, 08:27 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

I am so sorry you lost your Papa - he passed peacefully in his own time, and that is all anyone can ask for.

Prayers to you and your family.

And yes, Grandma knew what she was doing when she sent you Mike. :love:

Freedom
07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Prayers for you and your family at this time. RIP Papa.

I was very close to one of my grandfathers, as well, and this brought back that difficult time. Try to remember all the good times; you will, given time.

jesse_3
07-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I am so sorry..Life is unfair at times, but at least he is out of pain. Prayers are on the way for you and your family.
(((((HUGS)))))

Laura's Babies
07-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Taz_Zoee
07-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. :(
Hugs to you Rachel.

Miss Z
07-07-2008, 05:30 AM
I feel so sorry for all of your family, especially you and your uncle. I hope he knows your Papa would not bear a grudge about what happened. :(

((hugs))

Medusa
07-07-2008, 06:23 AM
When you take the "u" out of mourning, the word "morning" is left. Your papa is enjoying a brand new morning, free of pain and suffering and you will, too, one day. How very fortunate you both were to have had each other to enjoy this life with. You'll truly miss him but it's the good times that you'll fondly recall until you're together again, as Gary would say, one fine day. Peace to you all. :)

4 Dog Mother
07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Prayers for you and your family, Rachel!

moosmom
07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm so sorry for the passing of your sweet Papa. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
07-07-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm so sorry, Rachel. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Rest in Peace Papa:(

jennielynn1970
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
So sorry to hear about your PaPa, Rachel. It's a good thing you have your family and your Mike to be with at this time. Take comfort in them, and remembering the good things about your PaPa.

{{{HUGS}}} to you sweetie.

ramanth
07-07-2008, 03:09 PM
So sorry for your loss. :(

CountryWolf07
07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah.. I know I'm gonna sound crazy but I'll say it. Last night, I saw him. He was wearing a black jacket, dress pants, and a scarlet/gray tie on - he was adjusting the tie while looking at me with a smile the entire time. I felt better knowing he came and showed me that he was OK. He looked so good, he was back to health and he wasn't weak and he was happy and in peace.

wolf_Q
07-07-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this, Rachel. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. :( {{HUGS}}

Catty1
07-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Sounds like your Papa was all spiffed up - heading for the greatest time 'on the town' ever. :) First dance will be with Grandma. ;)

I hope it comforts you that he looked so good and happy...you'll miss him tons still, but what a wonderful visit he paid you. :love:

RICHARD
07-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Sending some good vibes out your way.

One thing about life is that you never can be prepared for what happens next-That's why they call it life.:(

cyber-sibes
07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss, Rachel. You & your family are in my prayers. (((hugs)))

Pawsitive Thinking
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah.. I know I'm gonna sound crazy but I'll say it. Last night, I saw him. He was wearing a black jacket, dress pants, and a scarlet/gray tie on - he was adjusting the tie while looking at me with a smile the entire time. I felt better knowing he came and showed me that he was OK. He looked so good, he was back to health and he wasn't weak and he was happy and in peace.

Nothing crazy about that - he was letting you know that he is okay now. Keep that memory always

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm so sorry.... !

pitc9
07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

dukedogsmom
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
So very sorry to hear this. I know what you mean about not wanting to go see him. I didn't go see my Grandmaw for that very reason. Now he and your grandmother are reunited. I hope you can find some comfort in that. And remember, one fine day, we'll all be reunited :love:

I just saw your note about his visit. I had a visit/dream from my grandmaw about the same thing! She was wearing a very vividly colored flower dress. I remember I told her that it looked much better than a hospital gown.

mina'smomma
07-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm so sorry. Please accept our condolences.

CountryWolf07
07-09-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1215592207198170.xml&coll=2

Sagamore Hills Township- Albert Marignoni Sr. was 77 in 1999 when he became concerned that senior citizens in Broadview Heights did not have a regular organized exercise program.

So he organized one that year. A physical-fitness enthusiast, Marignoni conducted classes twice a week until early this year, when illness forced him to step aside. Attendance regularly reached about 70 for the two sessions, his family said.

The classes were held at the Broadview Heights Recreation Center. In 2005, he was voted Senior Citizen Volunteer of Broadview Heights Marignoni, 85, who worked 30 years with Standard Oil of Ohio in the personnel department and owned a Sohio service station, died Sunday at Akron General Hospital.

Shortly after graduating from Ohio State University, he joined Standard Oil as a personnel manager. He worked with the public-relations department, speaking to civic groups around Northeast Ohio.

In 1960, he left that department and bought Al's Sohio service station in Richfield, operating it through 1978.

After leaving the station, he opened weight-loss centers in Ashtabula, Mentor, Lakewood, Mansfield and Erie, Pa. He operated those centers for five years before selling them in the mid-1980s.

He retired in 1993, after owning an engraving business in Broadview Heights for five years.

Marignoni was a past president of the Kiwanis Club of Bath/Richfield. He was a member of the Alpini Trentini Club of Italy, composed of local people whose roots traced back to an area in northern Italy.

He founded and coached in the CYO football program for St. Pius X Church in Bedford. He was an avid Ohio State University football fan.

Marignoni was born in Goshen, Ohio, the son of Italian immigrants.

During World War II, he was a staff sergeant with an Army Signal Corps unit, serving with Gen. George Patton's Third Army in Europe.

After the war, he met his future wife, the former Virginia O'Brien, in Cleveland. The couple were married when he was finishing school at OSU. They lived in Bedford and Broadview Heights and were married for 52 years. She died in 1999.

Marignoni moved to Sagamore Hills about four years ago.

RockyRoad
07-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, it sounds like he lived a long and quite illustrious life! He sounds like he was a dedicated, good man, and that he will be missed by many. God rest his soul. {{hugs}}

AdoreMyDogs
07-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Papa :( I imagine it must be so difficult :( I lost all my grandparents either before I was born or so young that I barely remember them. I sure wish I had grandparents to get to know.

Prayers and love to your family during this difficult time.