PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried - 1 week of class to go and... Final Grades added msg#10!

Scooter's Mom
07-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I have one week to go and I am sick. I mean sick like I was in March with Bronchitis for the entire month and had to take 2 weeks of FMLA for bedrest. How I feel this weekend is how that started. There is a clinic that opens in a little bit, they'll be open until 4 pm today. I am definitely going to make hubby drive me over there. It's maybe a mile from home, but I don't even trust myself to drive that far.

*sigh* I can do this. i only have 5 assignments left - 2 are the BIG ones. They're almost complete. This week was just to put the finishing touches on them. I can do this while I feel like so sick, right?

Medusa
07-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes, you absolutely can do it, girl! See yourself well! I see you as well as I'm praying for you (even though I don't know what you look like. LOL) "Let the weak say 'I am strong!'". :)

Laura's Babies
07-06-2008, 10:12 AM
GOOD LUCK! Just do the best you can feeling like you do.

Scooter's Mom
07-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Well, I just finished the big final project in one of the classes.
In the business communications class I have to do:

1) a resume & job application letter (due today!)
2) a summary of how I will apply the knowledge I've gained in my current or future jobs (probably 200-300 words, not bad at all) (due Wednesday)
3) a powerpoint presentation 8-10 slides proposing a cafe in an office building and why I think it is needed (due next Sunday)

In the other class I have to:
1) Read a chapter and write 200-300 words to answer 2 questions they've selected for us. Not bad at all (due Thursday)
2) my final project ... oopsie - it is 1250 words and is a "survival guide".
All I have to do is break down each of our weekly topics into a parabraph basically and tell how that topic is useful and will be in my academic career. I actually haven't started it, because writing is not hard for me. (It's due next Sunday)

Scooter's Mom
07-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Slight update!

In my business communications class I now have to finish:
1) a summary of how I will apply the knowledge I've gained in my current or future jobs (probably 200-300 words, not bad at all) (due Wednesday)
2) a powerpoint presentation 8-10 slides proposing a cafe in an office building and why I think it is needed (due next Sunday) (This is done, just needs tweaking)

In the other class (skills for learning in an information age) I have to:
1) Read a chapter and write 200-300 words to answer 2 questions they've selected for us. Not bad at all (due Thursday)
2) my final project ... oopsie - it is 1250 words and is a "survival guide".
All I have to do is break down each of our weekly topics into a parabraph basically and tell how that topic is useful and will be in my academic career. I actually haven't started it, because writing is not hard for me. (It's due next Sunday)

All in all, I can do it. I think even if I'm sick I can do it. I am going to work on #1 for each class now, before I feel worse.

Freedom
07-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Build in some rest time, Crystal! We are ALL rooting for you here, you KNOW that!!!

Catty1
07-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Not only can you do it, but you are DOING it. :)

Do take it easy - when you're not feeling well, it's easy to miss something if you go at your usual healthy pace, and you don't wanna go back and do something over again! ;)

You're doing great!

Hey - that cafe plan...maybe you could base it on the Thursday's gathering place? :D

Scooter's Mom
07-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Just got home from the clinic. I didn't go yesterday...

There's a spot on my left lung, she says it IS bronchitis and to make sure it is not pneumonia, she's giving me super strong anti-biotics, cough syrup w/codeine and steroids. I have to go back in 2 weeks to get more x-rays.

I feel terrible. I'm going to lay down and try resting. *sigh*

Karen
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Just got home from the clinic. I didn't go yesterday...

There's a spot on my left lung, she says it IS bronchitis and to make sure it is not pneumonia, she's giving me super strong anti-biotics, cough syrup w/codeine and steroids. I have to go back in 2 weeks to get more x-rays.

I feel terrible. I'm going to lay down and try resting. *sigh*

If you feel like you are gonna smuffocate when you lie down, try putting several pillows behind you, so you be completely relaxed and even sleep kind of sitting up.

Scooter's Mom
07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I have both my final grades now...

100% in GEN105 and 98.9% in COM140.
I'll take them! :)

I am doing a happy dance today!

Freedom
07-20-2008, 07:42 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/Cats/0f6f_11.jpg

Go ahead, strut! :D

Scooter's Mom
07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks Sandie!

jennielynn1970
07-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Those are awesome grades! Congrats!!! :D

Catty1
07-20-2008, 09:00 PM
WOOHOO! Totally great job! But we knew you would do it! :D

Now take some time off and REALLY get better - I have a feeling your healing time will really speed up now that the pressure is off.

Congrats - and get well soon! :D

boomersooner
07-20-2008, 10:16 PM
You should do three or four happy dances!! Those are great grades...congratulations!