PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers for Henry and his kitty Target Head...

Catty1
07-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Gary - we need the Pet Angel Squad...:(

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/07/04/missing-cat.html#socialcomments
Man gives up search for missing cat at Winnipeg airport
Last Updated: Friday, July 4, 2008 | 11:23 AM CT
CBC News

'Every time I walk into that airport, I just break out in tears like a schoolboy,' said Kevin Henry, whose cat has been missing for more than a week.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2008/07/04/wpg-kevin-henry.jpg
'Every time I walk into that airport, I just break out in tears like a schoolboy,' said Kevin Henry, whose cat has been missing for more than a week.

A man who has been searching for his lost cat at Winnipeg's airport for more than a week is giving up the search and leaving the city without his beloved pet.

Kevin Henry's cat, Target Head, fled its cage after a latch on it unlocked and the door sprang open during a West Jet flight stopover in Winnipeg on June 26.

"All the commotion and noise — she's not a cat that likes noise to start with," Henry said. "She hit the ground running, and no one's seen her since."

Target Head is originally from Bassano, Alta., where Henry adopted the ball of black fur with green eyes more than a decade ago. The pair were on their way from Ontario to Alberta after more than 10 years living in several towns in eastern Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2008/07/04/mba-airport-cat.jpg
'Target Head' escaped his kennel at Richardson International Airport in Winnipeg June 26.

'Target Head' escaped his kennel at Richardson International Airport in Winnipeg June 26. (CBC)"I thought one more trip west, and one more adventure kind of thing," Henry said.

Henry cancelled job interviews in Alberta to give him time to find the cat. West Jet has been putting Henry up in a hotel while he searched, and some of the airline's employees printed up flyers and helped hand them out.

Henry, a painter, initially said he wouldn't leave Winnipeg until he found Target Head and had even begun looking for work in the Manitoba capital.

However, after a week without finding the cat or a job, he says he's had it with Winnipeg and is continuing his journey west.

Henry has searched the area around the airport in Winnipeg for more than a week for his missing cat.

"A week later, the emotions have taken their toll, and I'm having a hard time staying here," Henry told CBC Friday morning.

"Every time I walk into that airport, I just break out in tears like a schoolboy. It just hurts to be around here, and I'm just having a really bad feeling about this, so I have to go and take care of myself now, before I'm a total wreck."

Henry plans to board a flight to Edmonton on Saturday.

Laura's Babies
07-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Poor man! You know he is worried to death about his baby! Lets pray this one has a happy ending!

Emeraldgreen
07-05-2008, 11:29 PM
I saw this on the news the other night. It is so awful. They said that someone spotted the cat outside the army base next to the airport but they won't let him in to look for the cat. I wish there was a way to contact him to suggest that he get someone there to set up a heart trap with some food close to where she was spotted. I'm sure someone in the military there would be willing to help him with that.
I can't imagine this. If it were me, I'd camp out there too. :(

E.T.A. Oh no! I just read in your post that he plans to fly home today. I hope that he will get the military to keep an eye out for her and maybe some food on the base there.

moosmom
07-06-2008, 08:37 AM
I would NEVER leave without my furbabies. I'd be setting traps. I'm so sorry this guy is giving up on his cat. That's so unfair to the cat and selfish of him not to do EVERYTHING to find him.

If the Army base won't let him look for his cat, the least they can do is set traps around the perimeter. Shame on the military.

catmandu
07-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I GUESS THAT HE CANT AFFORD :(TO STAY THERE TOO LONG, AND ALTHOUGH ITS BREAKING HIS HEART:(, HE HAS TO MOVE ON. :eek:
THE PET ANGELS ARE SEARCHING, AND HOPE THAT THEY CAN GET TARGET HEAD TO SOMEONE WHO WILL TAKE HIM IN , AND GET A HOLD OF HIS PAWPIE.
AND THE CANADIAN MILITARY ARE LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE, WHO WONT DO MORE THAN THEY HAVE TO.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!:mad::mad:

CultureJunky
07-06-2008, 01:32 PM
That is just so sad, that poor man must be devestated :( I will pray for Henry and his cat and that she can be found (L)

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2008, 04:04 PM
This is so sad.:( I hope that someone will be able to find his cat and reunite it with him soon.

momcat
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Prayers, prayers and more prayers are being prayed for a happy and speedy reunion!

Catty1
07-06-2008, 08:14 PM
I am sure this news has been all over Winnipeg...I hope someone on the army base sees her and takes her in!

The people there are great - it's just the security rules that mess things up (they're necessary, but in cases like this....)

PT PRAYERS that Target Head is found soon!

Emeraldgreen
07-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Anyone hear if this cat has been found yet?

Catty1
07-19-2008, 07:53 PM
I was talking to the Animal Services and bylaw fellow today - he said the AC in Winnipeg would have been allowed onto the military base as they have clearance. I'll what I can find and update here.

ETA: No update in the news (except a really snotty article written by a Winnipeg opinion-meister on July 7).

I have emailed both AC and the Humane in Winnipeg, and will see if they have any updates.

I also PM'd BC_mom who lives there...she may have heard something also.

phesina
07-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Prayers for a joyous reunion for Henry and Target Head.