PDA

View Full Version : A Rare Breed of Love....

mugsy
07-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I wanted to let everyone know what’s happening as of this moment on Wednesday night for Jana Kohl’s book signing (A Rare Breed of Love) in Indy at Barnes and Noble…I have a friend coming with me and we’re leaving Ft Wayne about 4:30. The map says it will take 2 hours to get to the Barnes and Noble. I don’t plan on staying too late since I have to be up to teach on Thursday morning.

I know some of you will go to the event when it’s closer to your house, but, the invitation stands!

Baby's Rare Breed of Love Road Trip is visiting more than 20 cities across America to encourage rescue adoptions, raise awareness about puppy mills, and help promote the welfare of all animals. Jana and Baby are coming to your area soon. Please come to meet them at this book signing event.

July 9, 2008, 7:00 p.m.
Barnes & Noble
14709 US Highway 31 North map
Carmel, IN 46032
317-844-2501

www.ararebreedoflove.com

Karen
07-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Awww! Bring your camera, she sounds like a great lady and a wonderful "pup"!

mugsy
07-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm very excited, but, alas, I don't have a camera, so unless someone else brings one, I'm out of luck!!

I hope maybe Liz will join us!!

Freedom
07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks for including the link, as I was not familiar with this.

Wow, what a pup, what a woman. I hope the book does help spread the word. Doesn't look like they are coming to New England (yet.)

mugsy
07-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I think this tour is pretty much set. I will ask her when I see her Wednesday. She emailed me yesterday and seemed very excited about coming to Indiana (she's from Chicago), so I would assume she's excited about everywhere else too. I'm sure if she could she would stop everywhere to talk to people.

I can't wait to meet both of them in person!

Laura's Babies
07-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I am so jealous that you are going to meet her! Give her a BIG HUG from me and all the Pet Talk family!

mugsy
07-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I am so jealous that you are going to meet her! Give her a BIG HUG from me and all the Pet Talk family!

You got it!!

One of my drivers is gifting me with a copy of the book. I don't really deserve the gift, but, she wants to, and I don't want to be rude!

I want to know if Kohala made it to the signing in San Diego in June. KO??!!!

lizbud
07-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm very excited, but, alas, I don't have a camera, so unless someone else brings one, I'm out of luck!!

I hope maybe Liz will join us!!

Sorry Molly, I won't be able to make it but I hope you guys have a blast.:)
She is a remarkable lady.:)

dukedogsmom
07-06-2008, 01:00 PM
You're lucky to get to meet her. Sounds like she's doing a lot of work letting people know of the horror of puppy mills. Too bad I'm not closer. I'd go and I have a camera. She doesn't even come to Florida at all :(

mugsy
07-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Well,

I went to Indy. She spoke for about 40 minutes and then there was about 20 minutes of questions. She is an eloquent, passionate speaker and really cares about the animals. There was a fairly good turn out too...about 50-75 people and then people kept poking their heads around bookshelves to see who was speaking and got interested in what she had to say! :D

When she walked in, I said hello to her and sort of introduced myself and she knew who I was, sort of...

When I had her sign my book, we were chatting (and she was thrilled to meet my friend Jane who lives in Indy but is from Southern California) and I told her I appreciated her putting up with my emails. She said she couldn't remember which one and when I told her, she squealed, "THAT WAS YOU!?" and gave me a hug and then gave me her rubber bracelet that's red and says "A Rare Breed of Love".

I left on a high! She is truly inspirational. She should be in D.C. next weekend for the Conference for Animals.

If you ever get a chance to meet up with her...DO IT!