PDA

View Full Version : Learning to get along-1 Picture

Ginger's Mom
07-05-2008, 06:53 AM
They are even learning to share the couch for short periods of time. Really, for only being together for six days I think they are both doing very well.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/MeetTaz042comp.jpg
:D

Pam
07-05-2008, 06:56 AM
I was just going to write and ask for pictures. Thank you for this! Joyce this picture says it all!!!! Oh please do give Ginger kisses and hugs from me. She has welcomed her new little brother into her home with such grace. :) Taz is sure kissable too. What a lovely picture. I think a new siggy is in order. :) This is a Keeper picture for sure! ;)

MoonandBean
07-05-2008, 07:34 AM
OH HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! They both look SOOOO cute and Ginger looks like she's glowing. I truly believe they are both SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

boomersooner
07-05-2008, 08:30 AM
They look very happy!! Taz looks like he fits right in, and Ginger seems fine with him! I wish my two could just sit together...Cassie just turns her back whenever she sees Boomer. She tolerates him, but doesn't want him near her.

Ginger's Mom
07-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Hehehe, thanks guys. It's easy to get Ginger to look happy, just hold a piece of dried liver in your left hand and say "say treatsie." :D Boomersooner, Ginger is actually the same way, as Cassie is. Fortunately Taz is a real laid back kind of guy, and doesn't push the issue, so Ginger has gradually lessened the amount of personal space she needs between them to feel comfortable.

Only two minor problems have cropped up this past week. He has been a little pushy with two of her doggie friends, but both dogs and owners have been very understanding and say they are willing to go slow with him. We have such good friends. :love: The second problem is that on our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all. :( Not sure what I am going to do about that. There is another park we can go to further away, I think it is better cared for and he may not be able to get under the fence. Or when we take Taz we will just stick to the trails and not take go in the play area, so he will not be off lead. Maybe by next summer I will feel comfortable enough that he won't take off on me that it won't be an issue.

K9soul
07-05-2008, 08:54 AM
I just read through your intro thread of Taz and wanted to wish you and Ginger warmest congratulations on the adoption of this sweet boy. Wow that picture sure brings a smile. He is a total cutie and it really sounds like things are going pretty smooth with the transition. I bet before long seeing them that way will be a common occurrence :D.

chocolatepuppy
07-05-2008, 09:25 AM
What a happy picture!:D They're going to be best buddies soon.:) It sounds like you do indeed have great friends Joyce.;)

cloverfdx
07-05-2008, 09:36 AM
What a lovely photo Joyce :). Goodluck with the dog park escapee issue, i hope Taz learns that the dog park is more interesting than Squirell chasing soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Freedom
07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
He heee, I am sure that pose made mom get a HUGE SMILE!! Capturing it in a photo, even better. Well, done, Ginger, letting a brother in your home and your life!

Casper
07-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Wonderful! It, without a doubt, looks like they are getting along splendidly.
They make such a great duo. :) Both are as cute as they come!

CathyBogart
07-05-2008, 02:31 PM
What a great picture! :love:

Rachel
07-05-2008, 06:57 PM
The second problem is that on our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all.

Why Taz, you Sneaky Pete, do I detect a bit of NAWTEE DAWG underneath that sweet soul of yours? And Ginger, thanks for the obligatory picture with your new brother. I must admit it is a most beautiful one of you. Feel free to complain about your little bro. Hannah did that when we first got Tucker and once she got it out of her system, she couldn't think of a bad thing to say.

cassiesmom
07-05-2008, 07:32 PM
On our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all.

Taz, sweety. Please stick with your mom and Ginger at the dog park, please pretty please. I would not want anything to happen to you.

Look at the two of you on the sofa! Great job! HUG for Taz (are you sure you're not just a teensy weensy bit corgi? Your ears make me wonder)! HUG for Ginger!

K9karen
07-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Aw! What an awesome picture! Pam's right! It's a keeper!
Joyce, I think great progress has been made in a short time! That sure says a whole lot for you and Ginger! You done good, girl!

I thought of you today. I passed a huge street sign in one of the next local communities, and they're having a pet rescue/adoption on Saturday at 10a. John said "oh, oh". Hey, ya never know.

cyber-sibes
07-06-2008, 09:52 AM
The second problem is that on our second visit to the dog park, Taz learned that he can fit under the fence in the back of the pen and run into the wooded area to chase squirrels. Once he learned that he had no interest in staying in the play area at all. :( Not sure what I am going to do about that.Have you called whoever is in charge of the dogpark and told them? (Is it your local Park District?) You can be sure he isn't the only one that can sqweeze under. Back in Findlay they were pretty good about coming out & filling in potential escape routes if you called. Otherwise, they may not realize there's a problem.

That is so great that they are getting along! Cute picture of them toghether on the couch.

dukedogsmom
07-06-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm a little behind so let me congratulate you on your new addition! He's so cute. I'm glad they're learning to accept each other.

Ginger's Mom
07-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Thank you so much for all of the support and understanding everyone, I really do appreciate it. :D
They played together this morning. :D Okay it was only for like two minutes, but it started with play bows and ended with them touching noses. :love: :D I was soooo happy/excited when I saw that.

I thought of you today. I passed a huge street sign in one of the next local communities, and they're having a pet rescue/adoption on Saturday at 10a. John said "oh, oh". Hey, ya never know.
Woo-Hoo, is KLo getting a playmate? :D Have fun looking. And who knows someone may just grab your heart in his little paws.

Have you called whoever is in charge of the dogpark and told them? (Is it your local Park District?) You can be sure he isn't the only one that can sqweeze under. Back in Findlay they were pretty good about coming out & filling in potential escape routes if you called. Otherwise, they may not realize there's a problem.
Well, it was Thursday night, and they haven't been open since then, so I haven't called yet, but I do intend to call tomorrow. You may be right, since I don't know if this particular problem has been pointed out to them before. However, I do know that we have an ongoing problem with drainage/erosion in the big dog pen, and they have done very little about it (basically a very large mud puddle takes up 1/4 of the pen if it rains two days in a row). I am only aware of one attempt to correct the problem in the five years we have been going there.

MoonandBean
07-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Touching noses? Good doggies :)

Varga
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Yay :) I'm glad to hear Ginger is starting to warm up to him.
From that photo they look like they've been living together their whole lives ;)

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2008, 05:02 PM
This picture is priceless.:) Taz looks like he's lived with Ginger his whole life.:) I hope that he'll learn to be a good boy from now on when you go to the dog park.:)

pitc9
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
What a great picture!!

I'm so happy to see they're doing great together!

wolf_Q
07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Great picture!! I'm glad they are getting along! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Fantastic! Well done Ginger - you are a good big sister

kt_luvs_kitties
07-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Both are VERY cute! I love the new addition, he is perfect. I am biased to chis though!:p