PDA

View Full Version : OH-sad old dog in pound

critters
07-05-2008, 06:12 AM
http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11678

Pam
07-05-2008, 06:24 AM
This is heartbreaking and probably happens all too often. When my mom first went to a rehab facility after a fall she had a sweet roommate. The roommate was in there recovering from a stroke. She had left her dog in the care of a friend until she recovered. She eventually found out that the friend had taken it to a shelter because she assumed that this woman would never again be able to properly care for the dog. I never saw this woman cry about her own health situation but the tears would come when she spoke about her dog. My mom is no longer in that facility and I often wonder what became of that woman and her dog. :(

dukedogsmom
07-06-2008, 10:37 AM
So sad. Poor guy. I hope someone bails him out of that horrible place.

Pam: That is heartbreaking. Some "friend" People can be so heartless. I love dogs and animals more every day.

shais_mom
07-06-2008, 11:02 AM
awww how heart breaking this poor baby reminds me of Bowser. :(:love:

Twisterdog
07-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Poor old guy, if I were closer, I'd go pull him.

It happens a LOT. I can't tell you the number of old dogs I have seen at the shelters in the same situation. In fact, I have one living in my boarding kennel right now.

I told my husband when all the dogs we have now die, we won't be getting anymore. He didn't understand why. I told him by the time our two puppies die of old age, we will probably be getting ready to retire. I don't want to be faced with the situation of wondering what happens to my dogs.

lizbud
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Poor old guy.:( he probably wonders what the heck happened?:(

I went to PetsMart Saturday & they were having dog adoption day at
the store. Cages were lined up outside the main entrance. There was
one older Rat Terrier type dog in a cage by herself & the sign said her
family home had be lost to the recent floods we have had. She was UTD
on all shots, HW negative & spayed. It also said she was 4 yrs old,
but looked a little older than that. It was heartbreaking but I had to grit my
teeth & keep on walking. I so wish I had more money or a bigger house,
I swear I'd adopt them all.:(