PDA

View Full Version : Ice cream: Have you noticed?

Freedom
07-04-2008, 06:54 PM
No more half gallons. They are all 1.75 quarts! And the price STILL went up.

RICHARD
07-04-2008, 07:28 PM
:(

I noticed that my hands were getting bigger and ice cream sandwiches were getting smaller!

Ginger's Mom
07-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, noticed that a while ago. I don't have a big problem with companies making smaller packages rather than raising prices. And around here you can still find ice cream on sale for about $2.00 for 1.75 quarts, almost any brand you want is on sale somewhere.

RICHARD
07-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I like sherbert....The local warehouse grocery sells quarts, 2/3.00.

Today the price was 4/5.00. It's not bad stuff and compared to the prices of the name brands, really cheap!

Jessika
07-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah food costs are really going up lately... =/ Of course, pay isn't, go figure...

But you did remind me that we have tubs of mint chocolate chip upstairs... yum!!

cassiesmom
07-05-2008, 09:27 PM
And what used to be an 8-ounce cup of yogurt is now a 6-ounce cup and costs the same amount, if not more :confused:

Catlady711
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
It ain't just ice cream doing that...

Aunt recently went to store for a gallon of milk. She noticed her usual brands label looked a bit different and the jug was shaped a bit different too. In looking on the label they were NOT a full gallon of milk, but the price was $.50 higher! She bought a different brand for same price which was a full gallon.

I used to buy Tide liquid in a 300oz size bottle for anywhere between $16-$20 now I have to pay between $18-$22 for a 150oz bottle!!! :mad::mad:

I could go on all day but it really ticks me off. Bad enough to raise prices, but to downsize the product AND raise prices makes me crazy.:mad::(:eek:

Karen
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Remember, farmers are affected by the rise in fuel prices as much as - if not more than the rest of us. Add the effects of weather-related crop failures, transporting that food from wherever it was made to where it gets [produced, the cost of packaging ...

Not that I am happy with rising food costs, but I think many don't think of what goes into getting to the supermarket shelf!

rosethecopycat
07-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Remember, farmers are affected by the rise in fuel prices as much as - if not more than the rest of us. Add the effects of weather-related crop failures, transporting that food from wherever it was made to where it gets [produced, the cost of packaging ...

Not that I am happy with rising food costs, but I think many don't think of what goes into getting to the supermarket shelf!

What aboout gallons of paint then?
They are now 124oz
not 128oz.
:rolleyes:

Karen
07-06-2008, 05:01 PM
What aboout gallons of paint then?
They are now 124oz
not 128oz.
:rolleyes:

They've still gotta be manufactured, packaged and transported - all of which require fuel!

Though I never knew a "gallon" to be a negotiable measure!

Freedom
07-06-2008, 08:42 PM

He heee.

What got me was they made it LOOk the same, so you had no idea the size changed. When they change a formula, they boast, NEW AND IMPROVED. When they change the label, you see ads, "NEW LOOK GREAT SAME TASTE!" But change the size and . . . it just quietly appears on the shelves.

Catlady711
07-06-2008, 10:41 PM

I don't have a huge issue with the fact things are going to cost more with the fuel/crop failures etc. The issue I have is the changing of the size in addition to the rising prices.

I agree though, I didn't realize 'gallon' was negotiable or any other 'standard' size of measure.