PDA

View Full Version : Christiansmommy is in Guam

Pam
07-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Some of you may already know this. She and Rob and the boys are away until July 12 and Harlee is staying with us (a couple of photos are in Dog General). This is a photo I received the other day. I have NEVER seen plants like this here in NJ! LOL! I will share more in the upcoming days, if I am given permission! LOL! :p

pitc9
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Wow! Those are different!

Thanks for sharing her trip with us! Hope we get to see more!

boomersooner
07-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Wow! Those plants are huge...it is the humans have been shrunk, and they are walking around in giant land! HA

shais_mom
07-03-2008, 10:47 AM
wow!!!
cool!
I hope they have a great safe trip! :D

Karen
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Dad was stationed in Guam when he was in the military, years ago. There's never any frost there, so plants are free to just grow and grow and grow! They had a tomato plant that covered the entire side of a barn ...

I hope they have a nice time!

smokey the elder
07-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow! "Land of the Giants" time!

ramanth
07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Neat!! :D

Pam
07-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow! "Land of the Giants" time!

LOL! Did anyone see a movie years ago called "Day of the Triffids?" That's what those plants reminded me of! :eek:

Karen, that is some tomato plant. WOW! What a garden you could have there I guess!

They are visiting her hubby's brother who lives there. He went there several years ago to visit a friend in the military and never came back! ;) :p :eek: Well, he has come back here, but not to live. He loves it there. Robyn's father-in-law thought it would be a nice treat to take everyone to see him so that's exactly what he did. :) I will tell her about this thread when we are PMing on Facebook. :)

caseysmom
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I am usually pretty geography savvy but don't have a clue where guam is? How cool for them.

Pam
07-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I am usually pretty geography savvy but don't have a clue where guam is? How cool for them.

A seven hour flight from Hawaii and a four hour flight from Japan. Hope that helps. :)

caseysmom
07-03-2008, 04:49 PM
A seven hour flight from Hawaii and a four hour flight from Japan. Hope that helps. :)

Okay I googled it...its pretty close to the phillipines

Christiansmommy
07-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi! Me writing from Guam. We are having a great time, and yes Mom, you can post more pics :) I will post some when I get home. I will have a HUGE album when we are done. It really is beautiful here. This is the tropical paradise where the Japanese come to vacation...closest place to Japan to have that tropical get away...so there are some tourist spots. But we are lucky to being staying in a home of an actual Guam resident...so we aren't in a hotel...we get the whole feel of Guam...( my husband's brother's boss is away in Ireland, so we are staying in his BEAUTIFUL home, probably one of the nicest on the island). ANyway, Jeremy needs me, so I gotta run.

Ginger's Mom
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow, what a great experience. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear stories about what you saw and did.

Pam
07-05-2008, 06:38 AM
I have some more pictures to share with you. How would you like to look out your window and see these plants! It is a far cry from what I have here in my NJ back yard! LOL!

lizbud
07-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Wow, neat pictures. :) It looks like a tropical paradise. If the plants get that
big, I wonder how big the "skeeters" are?:)

Pam
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Liz, I haven't heard anything about mosquitoes but I am told there are geckos everywhere!

Logan
07-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Robyn, I'm so glad you're having such a great trip! :) Can't wait to see more pictures. What a beautiful place!