PDA

View Full Version : 911

moosmom
07-03-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm watching a program that examines Flight 175, the plane that crashed into the second World Trade Center building. Even after 7 years, it gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes.

:love::(

smokey the elder
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Any time I see a movie made prior to 9/11 and see the Towers I get shivers. But I have a "train wreck" mentality attraction (right word?) to historical information leading up to and beyond the attacks. Maybe to see if we can prevent others, I guess. But the human element (the firefighters and cops running into the burning towers and the heroes of Flight 93) shows us what we can be made of as human beings.

Laura's Babies
07-04-2008, 10:05 AM
After 9/11, I was going through a box of pictures thjat I have and I found one of Eddie and Regina on one of their many trips they use to make. There they were, smiling into the camera and the world trade centers in the background behind them. That hit me like a ton of bricks and I shook for a long time.

I don't think any of us will ever get over that day. It was one of the most devistating things ever to happen In America and shattered our sense of safety and that we were untouchable. It showed us we are NOT and that could happen anytime, anywhere!