PDA

View Full Version : Safe and sane Thursday #272!

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Well,

I want to combine Canada Day and Independencee Day for this week-late and early.

I want everyone to have a nice safe holiday week and weekend.

I do want to remind everyone to stop for a second and think about all the fire crews up in Northern Cah Lee Fuh nee Ah that are fighting the fires. A family freind was called up from the Army reserves to go on a 30 day duty to help.

-----------

Safe and sane is the tagline to most of the fireworks that we used to celebrate the nation's birthday.....A friend told me that he like the "dumb and dangerous" kind...So maybe since it's cyber fireworks maybe we can blow a few big ones outdoors?

---------

I just went on the site where I get my ideas for the DOTD and some moron hacked it.

Let me pull out some beers while I look around for a recipe!

DONE!

gini
07-02-2008, 09:00 PM
O.K. Richard - red drinks are o.k. - white drinks are o.k. - but PLEASE no blue drinks!!! Yuck!!:D

Have a safe holiday everyone!!

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
O.K. Richard - red drinks are o.k. - white drinks are o.k. - but PLEASE no blue drinks!!! Yuck!!:D

That's so funny, You know you are a PTer when you know what color of drinks another PTer likes and dislikes.

DONE?;)

Catty1
07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
What??? No blueberry juice? Happy Independence day, Mario? ;)

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 11:36 PM
What??? No blueberry juice? Happy Independence day, Mario? ;)

I think Gini will make an exception!

DONE!

slick
07-03-2008, 12:22 AM
OK.
It's hot. It's humid. I'm sweatin' like a pig.
Max is so hot he's just lying on his side airing out his privates and not eating much.

Please, can someone bring me something icy cold and frosty???? Brrrr! That's OK with me. Make mine blue please. :p

Max turns 16 tomorrow. Are there any cat treats in the jar underneath the bar? He's been such a good kitty. Tonight I trimmed all his nails and even cleaned up and trimmed his butt. He's such a happy kitty now.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! (sorry, can't do white printing on a white backgroud :D) From a distance, I saw some beautiful fireworks last night while standing on my deck. It was awesome.

I've been watching the news and the Cali fires have been all over the news. Prayers going out to the fire fighters and the residents.

Hey Catty! You're new here aren't you??? Then again, I don't visit the bar every week. Have you had your introduction and the bar rules??? Number 1 is leave the attitude at the door and number 2 is tell a clean joke!:D

davidpizzica
07-03-2008, 06:49 AM
RICHARD, could I have a big red seement slushie? I'll order a blue and white one later!

RICHARD
07-03-2008, 09:28 AM
RICHARD, could I have a big red seement slushie? I'll order a blue and white one later!

Red seement slushie!

DONE!

Slick,

Something cool and frosty and blue....

Treats for Max and cooler weather?

Happy birthday dude!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I've got a big watermelon. We can have a seed spitting contest!!!:cool:

I'd love a rootbeer float please!!! :D

smokey the elder
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
I'll have a raspberry mojito please. Much "put out the fires" juju to the firefighters in CA.

RICHARD
07-03-2008, 02:55 PM
MOFF,

Oh to have Mario here to spit some with us!!;)

One RBF.....extra Float!

DONE!

STE,

One raspberry mojito...

And I'll add some Firefighter Mojo to you JuJU?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
MOFF,

Oh to have Mario here to spit some with us!!;)

One RBF.....extra Float!

DONE!

I know! I really miss our little Pal, specially on holidays!!! It's a comfort to imagine what a sight the Rainbow bridge must be with his help though! :D
Just glad animals don't wear undies!!! :D

gini
07-03-2008, 06:23 PM
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!

WE ARE A FREE NATION AND I AM GRATEFUL!!:love::love:

RICHARD
07-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Gini,
I second the notion!

God Bless America!

DONE!:)

Oggyflute
07-04-2008, 03:22 AM
G'day All,
Happy 4th of July to everyone from down under. :)
Starting packing this weekend, so might start of with a cool beer, just so I can contemplate what exactly needs to be done............
Nope...better make that two.....(sometimes I sit & think, other times I just sit. :D)

RICHARD
07-04-2008, 08:03 AM
G'day All,
Happy 4th of July to everyone from down under. :)
Starting packing this weekend, so might start of with a cool beer, just so I can contemplate what exactly needs to be done............
Nope...better make that two.....(sometimes I sit & think, other times I just sit. :D)

Thank you!

One for each hand!

DONE!!!!

cassiesmom
07-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Hmmmm, a red drink... could I have raspberry lemonade, please? It's too bad we can't transplant some of the Midwest flood waters out to California to pour on the wildfires. Prayers said for the people dealing with the fires.

RICHARD
07-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm, a red drink... could I have raspberry lemonade, please? It's too bad we can't transplant some of the Midwest flood waters out to California to pour on the wildfires. Prayers said for the people dealing with the fires.
A raspberry lemonade? done!

I really wish we could have some rain....the heat isn't bad but the firefighters must be suffering up north.

One passed away from a heart attack yesterday...:(

Catty1
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Prayers for the family and friends of that poor firefighter...and his fire fighting colleagues, who are brothers and sisters - family and friends of a special sort.

We have an evacuation situation in northern Saskatchewan due to fires - and I salute firefighters everywhere...they have the hardest, dirtiest, most dangerous job - admiration doesn't start to describe what they deserve. Heroes.

And heartfelt thanks to the heroes overseas who are fighting for freedom, and the ones at home trying to move things forward for us all.

Slick - I crashed this thread when Mario died, posting some pics of him; I think I had posted a clean joke a long time back...but heck, I will post another one now:

What did the mayonnaise say to the fridge?

"Close the door; I'm dressing." :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-06-2008, 03:06 PM

Not even a Blue Hawaiian?

1 oz light rum
1 cherry
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 oz cream of coconut
1 slice pineapple

Blend light rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut with one cup ice in an electric blender at high speed. Pour contents into a highball glass. Decorate with the slice of pineapple and a cherry.

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Richard could I have a strawberry daquiri please? I could really use one right now.

gini
07-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Not even a Blue Hawaiian?

1 oz light rum
1 cherry
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur*****
1 oz cream of coconut
1 slice pineapple

Blend light rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut with one cup ice in an electric blender at high speed. Pour contents into a highball glass. Decorate with the slice of pineapple and a cherry.

That stuff is also called Tidy Bowl and that is why I don't like blue drinks!!:D:eek::eek:

Karen
07-06-2008, 04:58 PM
That was always my argument against Gatorade - one should not ingest substances that look like antifreeze!

Because food here has no allergy content, I'll have a (non-alcoholic, please) strawberry daquiri with Jenn!

And I'll bring some more of the "do-it-yourself cheesecake" like I made for folks after church today:

take a graham cracker square
spread with softened Neufchatel cheese (low-fat cream cheese)

then dot with blueberries and raspberries as you like!

And it's even red, white and blue!

Canadians, skip the blueberries, and it can be flag-colored for you, too! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-06-2008, 05:41 PM
A blueberry smoothie for me please? So glad this holiday is winding down. :)

RICHARD
07-06-2008, 07:30 PM
What did the mayonnaise say to the fridge?

"Close the door; I'm dressing." :D

That was funny!

LOH,

One straw daquiri? DONE!

Whoa, what's this?...

A birthday cakes......;)

Gini,

Tidy bowl?:eek:

Karen,

Thank you for the cheesecake and on Straw Daquiri for you too!

DONE!

MOFF,

One Blue smoothie for you!!!!
DONE!

I need everyone to stretch and lift arm weights for the next Thursday!!!!:D

davidpizzica
07-06-2008, 07:33 PM

MOFF, I think I'll have a blueberry smoothie too and we both can relax in the easy chairs.

RICHARD
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
MOFF, I think I'll have a blueberry smoothie too and we both can relax in the easy chairs.

IT's beautiful this time of day......sit back and relax...

DONE!

Lady's Human
07-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Richard, is that a birthday cake or an alien signaling device?

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-08-2008, 07:52 AM
That was funny!

LOH,

One straw daquiri? DONE!

Whoa, what's this?...

A birthday cakes......;)

A birthday cake? Cool! I hope it's an ice cream cake! or maybe a sheet of tiramasu. Anyone else want some? I can't eat all of this by myself.:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-08-2008, 07:56 AM

Ha, ha, ha! LH.

davidpizzica
07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
A birthday cake? Cool! I hope it's an ice cream cake! or maybe a sheet of tiramasu. Anyone else want some? I can't eat all of this by myself.:D

I'l help you take care of it. It's a tough job, but SOMEONE has to do it!

RICHARD
07-08-2008, 12:06 PM

How did this 10 foot pole get into my hands?????:eek:;)
Next question?:)

DONE?

-------

LOH, since I have problems with my plurals you can have both...

Wish and blow em out!

DONE!

-----

David,

I'll help you. Fork and napkins..on your marks, get set.....

DONE?

Karen
07-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Seeing as there's two, I'll take some tiramisu! :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-08-2008, 04:17 PM

Wish and blow em out!

DONE!

Thanks Richard! Yummy! I think I'll have a small piece of each! With a frozen mudslide on the side, please and thank you.

davidpizzica
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
How did this 10 foot pole get into my hands?????:eek:;)
Next question?:)

DONE?

-------

Wish and blow em out!

DONE!

-----

David,

I'll help you. Fork and napkins..on your marks, get set.....

DONE?

RICHARD, I need a seement slushie to wash down all of this delicious cake and a washcloth to get rid of the icing on my face. I have some in my moustache!

lizbud
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Sorry I missed the food & drinks but, I too am so glad the celebrating
is over for awhile. It usually takes the dogs a week to want to go outside
alone again.:( I actually hate fireworks anymore.:( End of grouchy rant. LOL.

RICHARD
07-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Seeing as there's two, I'll take some tiramisu! :)

DONE!

LOH,
IT's your show! One mudslide!

Pssst, LH was trying to get me in trouble!:eek:

DONE!

David,

LOL,
I always thought that it was Mario dropping crumbs!

Slushie and napkins! DONE!

LB,

Thrusdat's never stops serving!

Here's a mudslide and a cake!
DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh I know Richard, he's real good at getting people in trouble, ya know, we all have to be good at something.:D

RICHARD
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh I know Richard, he's real good at getting people in trouble, ya know, we all have to be good at something.:D

We'll see how he works at the next Thursday's!;)