PDA

View Full Version : Forgot my keys, but I was lucky!

Randi
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
After going shopping, I went over to the park to meet someone from the building - sun was shining, coffee made, and all was well. Then an hour later, I collected my things and my blanket, but realised I'd forgotten my keys!! :eek: Here I was with my blanket and just thin top and a skirt on.

I knew some of the people out and asked what they thought a locksmith would cost. Over $150!! But lucky me, one of the girls from the Board was around, and she said: Oh this is Nørrebro, we're helping each other here - lets go and get the ladder! The ladder was hanging in the gate of the other yard and it's a huge one, going up three floors if neccesary! However, two of us managed to carry it (it was heavy!) over to my building and another guy she knew raised it to my window and climbed up, and in through my window, which I'd left on the (hasp?). :)

Fister probably went under the bed right then and there - he certainly looked puzzled when he came out a little later.

Imagine me climbing a ladder in a skirt - but I would have done it to save $150. :rolleyes:

My keys were laying right inside the door.

Killearn Kitties
07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
That is such an awful feeling! I'm very glad that you got it all sorted out. Perhaps you should think about training Fister to open the door. :D

Rachel
07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
How nice to have such helpful people around and good that you had the solution to your problem......however.....I don't know if I would feel very safe ever leaving a window open through the night again.

Medusa
07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, you were lucky! Good to have such helpful friends, huh? :)

gini
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh Randi, how scary. I'm glad that you have such wonderful neighbors to come to your rescue. Poor Fister - he must think humans are very strange!

lizbud
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
It's great to know people that are willing to help out when you need them.:)

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
OH,

Randi,
Your line about climbing the ladder in a skirt reminded me of an old joke.

A small girl came home from school one day and walked into the house skipping and singing.

Her mom asked her why she was so happy!

The girl told her mom, "MOM, I made a new friend today during recess at school!" The mom said, "That is wonderful, tell me about it!"

The girl went on to tell her mom that a little boy helped her climb a tree by helping her up and stood underneath in case she fell out.

The mother noticed that the girl was wearing a dress and told her, "Dear, that little boy is not your friend, he just wants to look up your skirt and see your underwear! Please remember this, this boy is not your friend!"

The girl thanked her mother and went to her room.

A few days later the girl came home again and was very happy. Again, the mother asked her why she was so happy-the little girl said that she had been playing with her male friend again, the mother seeing that she was wearing a skirt asked her is she was climbing trees again.

The girl answered that she had been climbing trees and the little boy again was watching her from the ground.

"You'd be proud of me this time mom, I remembered what you said and I fooled him this time!"

The mom said, "I am so happy, how did you trick him?"

"I didn't wear any underwear this time!!!":eek::o:rolleyes:

----------------------------

Pray that you never leave a locked car that is running in your driveway..I have!:mad::confused:

phesina
07-02-2008, 05:48 PM
What great news, Randi! That's horrible to lock yourself out.

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I went over to the park ...
... realised I'd forgotten my keys!! :eek:

... thought a locksmith would cost.
Over $150!!

... we're helping each other here - lets go and get the ladder!

Suggestion:

Find a couple of GOOD, Trusty, Neighbors ... and give them both an Extra Key
for your flat. It's a LOT easier to go 'borrow' one of your extra keys and return it
than it is to toss a ladder up to a window!

Another thought - call the local Fire Brigade!
They just might come over and practice their entry skills on your flat.

**OR**
Get a gold chain and wear a spare key around your neck!

:D
;)

Pam
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
WOW! How nice for that man to climb up the ladder! How many floors up is your flat? I am a scaredy cat when it comes to heights. I don't even like to watch other people on ladders! LOL! I can imagine that Fister didn't quite know what to make of a stranger coming into his home via a window! :D

I became locked out of my home one winter day. Actually I had just come home from work and taken off my coat. I decided to run back outside and get the mail, wearing only my thin cotton scrubs. When I went to come in I noticed that the handle to the storm door had fallen on the ground so there was no way I could open the door. :eek: I had left the big door ajar so both dogs were watching me through the glass in the storm door and wondering why I wasn't coming in. If only their paws could have turned into hands for a minute. :p Thankfully my neighbor was home and she let me use her phone to call hubby because my cell was in the house. :rolleyes:

Another time I locked my son in the car when he was less than a year old. As I was closing the car door I saw the keys on the seat but couldn't stop the door at that point. I was visiting my mom in another town and we called a locksmith to come out. By the time the door was opened my son was probably in the car for about an hour, and thankfully it was a beautiful autumn day so the car didn't get hot. The locksmith said he didn't have the heart to charge me under the circumstances and told me that the look of relief on my face was payment enough. There are good people in the world as you have found out too. :)

Jessika
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Ughhh I remember when I locked my keys in my truck... they fell out of my purse as I was getting out, cost me $50 to have a locksmith come and open my door. A friend tried to jimmie the lock open for thirty minutes, this guy comes and takes, I think I counted TEN SECONDS to pop the lock, and cost me fifty bucks!! :eek::eek::eek:

Guess a guy's gotta earn a living somehow!

Laura's Babies
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
That was a big OPPS! :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Randi, I'm glad that you were able to get some help so you didn't have to pay for a locksmith.:) I've locked my keys in my car before but luckily I have AAA so it didn't cost me anything for them to come out and unlock my car door.:) I've also locked myself out of my condo at least 2 times. Both times I was going downtstairs to do my laundry and I thought that I had my keys. One time a neighbor across the hall was able to jump up onto my balcony and get in through my sliding glass door because I had left it slightly open and then he let me in. The other time I had to call my parents and my dad came over and let me in with his key. Now I always double check to make sure that I have my keys with me.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-03-2008, 04:19 AM
OMG,you were so lucky! Years ago my neighbour had the same problem, so we brought our long ladder to the back of her house, and she climbed all the way to her bedroom window :eek:.

Hehe Fister surely thought there was a burglar in the house :eek:;)