PDA

View Full Version : My rabbit precious

babybunz
09-01-2002, 08:02 PM
dark-blue My oldest rabbit precious wuz my 2 rabbit i ended up wit 4 because when my puppy border colie wuz playing wit bunbun my 1st rabbit he killed him...precious wuz only wit us for 1 week and bunbun wuz the only rabbit he knew so we got teddy, baby and a new bunbun. out of all of then preciouse dosnt wunt to be held he'll bite sratch and do anything to get away i donno if it wuz because of the insodint or wut.:confused:

Heather Wallace
09-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your rabbit. You should really keep them away from dogs. Two of my rabbit riggle and scratch too, some rabbits don't like to be handled much.

RockyRoad
09-28-2002, 07:00 PM
Lady once bit the leg of one of my bunnies. It was gushing blood. Nobody thinks less of Lady, though, it is a dog's instinct. That wasn't Floppsy though. That was Max, Floppsy came after Max. I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit. My prayers are with him, and a candle will be lit tonight for your sweet little bun. As for the bunny thing, well, Floppsy hates to be picked up as well, and she never got in an incident, although there are those nasty Racoons that come out every night to torment him.... Well, I don't know if it is because of that, but some rabbits don't like to be picked up. They do have wild blood in them, because all animals were originally wild, so maybe your bun is just scared of people because of her instinct. That's just my suggestion, though. Gotta go post about those stupid Raccoons, hope this helps!!;)

Daisylover
10-01-2002, 09:54 AM
Frankly if you have a dog you should not have bunnies as well.
You are not doing the rabbit any favors and many, many dogs see rabbits as prey and will kill, torment them or injure them.

While it is true SOME dogs will get along and even be friends with rabbits, that is really the exception and not the rule. Please do not get any more rabbits.

Heather Wallace
10-01-2002, 06:31 PM
I agree, keep your dogs well away from rabbits!!!

Aspen and Misty
10-06-2002, 12:49 AM
My dog Teddy loves all animals. He is the motherly type :D . He loves my rats so much when I get them otu of there cage he whines cause he wants to say hi to them. He loves our baby chamilion Peaches to. Who isn't even as long as a pinky finger yet. My mom has a really cute report she did on our cat smokey. Not the smokey we have now little smokey. Little Smokey was really sick and my mom put her in the bathroom with the shower running to clear her stuffy nose and to keep her warm. She was set down beside the shower, on the outside. She layed there and teddy Picked her up with his mouth moved her onto a blanket and snuggled with her. He refused to leave her. My mom went in and got her in the morning and took her to the vets, she died that day. but I still think thats a cute story. Teddy also loves my friend's bunny Samantha. He just thinks she is the greatest thing in the world LOL. So see not all doggies are bad with bunny's. Although some are. But not alll, Teddy is an exeption. Now our other dog chewy would just like to eat them :rolleyes: bad bad chewy.

Ash

zookeeper
10-07-2002, 03:14 PM
I have 2 dogs a cat and a rabbit. I am careful notto leave the dogs and cat alone with the rabbit. when we go to let Ktie out the dogs and cat are put in another room. We had tried to get them all used to each other but my dogs get to excited, and Cam wants to play but he is too rough. So now we keep them separated. So I do not think it is fair for to tell someone not to get anymore rabbits just because they have dogs, you just have to be more careful and make sure that if your dogs are not careful with the buns to keep them away from each other.

Daisylover
10-08-2002, 10:56 AM
I think whether or not you have a dog and bunnies together depends on the owner. We get many bunnies in to our sanctuary that have been injured by "nice" dogs. So who do they give up? The bunny of course. We are told many stories of bunnies who have been killed by "nice" dogs because the owner's attention wandered from supervising the two together or the dog suddenly turned on the bunny before the owner could stop it. Not all dogs kill bunnies but many do.

So I guess I'd say its on your conscieous and your risk to take. I just feel sorry for the rabbit.

Heather Wallace
10-13-2002, 11:25 AM
Hi Daisy, hope you are well. In my experience it is best to keep bith well apart like you said.

How are things at the sanctuary going?