PDA

View Full Version : Niņo's 4-H Obedience (video)

Suki Wingy
07-02-2008, 02:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZeUCuRsNuc
We got 144/200. He was nervous because my mom came to watch and she hadn't come to any of the practices. He usually sits on command. He also go up twice during the long sit and once at the very beginning of the long down, which is very much unlike him.

Suki Wingy
07-04-2008, 12:18 AM
bump :(

Aspen and Misty
07-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Aww look at Nino in Action!! You guys did great. I think the little guy just got cold paws! :p

It was a lot of fun to watch you two!

Ashley

Suki Wingy
07-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Thanks for replying. This video means quite a lot to me so it was kind of disheartening to come check on it a few times a day only to see it slowly getting pushed down, until it was on the second page.

vinjashira
07-04-2008, 06:30 AM
well done Niņo. what is 4-H by the way? I don't think we have it in the UK but I guess it's an equivalent to our kennel club good citizen dog scheme.

AdoreMyDogs
07-04-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't go to dog general as much as I used to, and I must say I'm very impressed with Nino. What a smart pupper! You can tell he was a bit distracted, but it's ok, it happens to us all :)

I love watching dogs in training. I find it so beautiful. Good job, Nino!

Suki Wingy
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
well done Niņo. what is 4-H by the way? I don't think we have it in the UK but I guess it's an equivalent to our kennel club good citizen dog scheme.

4-H is a youth club in which kids take on projects each year. They can be art projects to show at the fair, or animal projects. Oslo (my bunny) started out as a 4-H project, I raised him to show at the 4-H show, but I then kept him as a pet after that. Other years I've had livestock projects.
Here is their FAQ page (http://www.4husa.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=54)

I'd also like to add that I taught him that finish that day waiting for our turn, and that was the first time he did it off leash ever. This is the dog that two years ago I refused to ever walk again because I couldn't get him to care about doing anything I wanted. That was positive reenforcement Niņo, this is old school training Niņo. It just goes to show you that no one type of training will work for every dog. He obviously enjoys it, since the words "Doggy training" get him to excitedly rush towards the door, looking at the car.

jennielynn1970
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Just saw this thread now... that is cool that they do obedience training in 4-H! I was in 4-H for about 6-8years when I was younger, but was in a baking club part of it. Most kids in my area did the agriculture and raising farm animals (since we were all farm kids), but I prefer the cooking and baking. ;)

I think you guys did really well! He just looked a little nervous about being watched. Are there usually that many people around when you practice?

Is there any other kind of training that you will do with him in 4-H? What will you do next?

Again, great job, and hope to see more videos of your cutie pup!

Suki Wingy
07-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm moving, so technically I could find a new club, since I am still eligible to do it until I am 19 because of the silly 4-H calendar rule, but I am done with it. There are too many tiny rules that they get upset if you don't do right, and I am so bad at following directions and rules. I'm going to try to make it to a Rally-O trial this summer, http://www.apdt.com/po/rally/default.aspx then it'll have to move away from my Niņo. :(

bckrazy
07-04-2008, 05:01 PM
You two look great! = D Niņo just looked a little uncomfortable, which is understandable. It will be easy to work out the kinks next time.

What is that mat made of? He looks kind of uneasy on it. Maybe he just didn't want to sit on the padding.