PDA

View Full Version : Software: Voice Editing v 2.0 Premium Edition - help

Catty1
07-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, my boss finally decided to get the Panasonic digital recorder. Woohoo. It came complete with the Voice Editing 2.0 STANDARD edition.

Well. The Standard doesn't allow voice to be converted to text. And you literally do NOT find that out until the software is installed and you read the instructions' PDF - and find that this version does not support voice-to-text. I mean - I researched this stuff for the office as I really wanted it to work - and so did my bosses!

YUCK.

I found a couple on Limewire - and was able to nuke the Trojans in the two versions I did find.

I found a version on another site. Am trying there. The Panasonic website does not have it for download - though they have the update for Vista.

If anyone here happens to have it, could you load a copy into a .zip file and send it via FTP (ie, yousendit.com)

Any advice is welcome!

Oh - I did email Panasonic Canada - but today is a holiday. And I have heard they will just try to sell it to you for $65 or something.

thanks....

Hellow
07-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Hmm, I don't actually own that program, but I can recommend a free alternative that I have heard of, never ran myself though. I believe it is only in German right now as it is still in alpha stage of development, but many people from the Ubuntu forums have ran it with good success. There is a windows version for it too. Here it is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/speech2text/

Catty1
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks, Reggie. I went to the page and the alpha version is described as neither stable nor feature ready. The feature aspect doesn't bother me, but as it's for my bosses, the stability feature is of concern to me.

I have a thread going on Fixya, and will consult some other sources. I got a couple off Limewire, but they had trojans in them...FUN...I have used Limewire before and not had problems.

The Voice Editing Premium v2.0 is included with the RR-US470 and the RR-US550. If you know anyone with those recorders who could send me a zip file through yousendit.com, that would be great.

PM me if you come across anything, thanks. I am off to check out some other sources.

Hellow
07-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks, Reggie. I went to the page and the alpha version is described as neither stable nor feature ready. The feature aspect doesn't bother me, but as it's for my bosses, the stability feature is of concern to me.

I have a thread going on Fixya, and will consult some other sources. I got a couple off Limewire, but they had trojans in them...FUN...I have used Limewire before and not had problems.

The Voice Editing Premium v2.0 is included with the RR-US470 and the RR-US550. If you know anyone with those recorders who could send me a zip file through yousendit.com, that would be great.

PM me if you come across anything, thanks. I am off to check out some other sources.
Well, if you want, I can nuke the trojans out of the files.