PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Event!! To Help Local Cat Rescue!!

Anikaca77
07-01-2008, 10:24 AM
As many of you know I help out a local cat rescue organization here in State College called Fondas Foundlings.

Just a few weeks ago I started posting ads up online asking for left over yard sale items, donations of anything you don't want really that way we could have a huge yard sale / cat adoption with all of the proceeds going towards Fondas Foundlings cats for vet bills, spay/neuter, food, litter, towels, and beds.

So far I've received a fair amount of people willing to donate items. I'm hoping to have this event in the first two weeks of August or maybe sooner, depending.

We are thinking of doing a bake sale as well and hopefully we'll generate enough funds for her.

Melissa

Catty1
07-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I have noticed on Freecycle a lot of people are getting rid of leftover garage sale items. Check there. Do you have a volunteer with a truck? Or can these people drop the stuff off?

If you or someone else knows an artist or musician, they might be willing to donate a piece of their artwork or a few CDs, with a portion of the sale going to the rescue. Even better if the musician can perform there - then you can advertise Live Music!

In addition to the bake sale, sometimes pizza places will do a donation - as long as they get mentioned A LOT. :D

Sounds great! Keep us posted! Maybe some foster or furrever homes will turn up as well. ;)

jennielynn1970
07-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Definitely post on Freecycle for blankets, towels and all that good stuff. I had so much for One by One the last time I posted on there, it filled my back seat and the hatchback of my car. It was just overwhelming!!! I have people who still email me and let me know when they've collected things for the shelter for me. It's been great!

Freedom
07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
We did a bake sale at the PawsWatch yard sale, didn't even advertise. Folks just snapped up the cookies and brownies to munch as they prowled through the yard sale! The breads (date nut bread etc) weren't as popular as they are at our regular bake sales, as they were immediately edible and had to be lugged! Te hee. Just one experience, FYI.

Anikaca77
07-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Thank you all for your experiences. I have posted on Craiglist, that seems to be a very popular site. I will keep you all informed as it get closer!

Melissa

catmandu
07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
IF YOU CAN PM YOUR ADDRESS , I CAN SEE IF I CAN SEND SOME ANIMAL WELFARE ASSOCIATION BIG MICE AND CAT NIP KNOTS TO SELL TO HELP THE CAUSE.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats882.jpg
AND PRAYERS THAT YOUR EVENT RAISES A LOT OF MONEY.