PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing Pets???

RockyRoad
09-01-2002, 03:45 PM
I was thinking about getting my pets stuffed when they die, but then my friends said that it is gross and mean and all other stuff. Do you guys think I should? I mean then you don't have to really leave them, you can always see them, what do you think? It's not that I want my animals to die (that would be gross) it's just that I want to plan ahead (like arranging your funeral before you die). :confused:

sasvermont
09-01-2002, 04:26 PM
Well, I for one, would not do it. Mostly because I try to put the relationship behind me and show my love and affections to the new pet. Everyone is different about how they want to "hold" the memories. I don't think it is for me, but I don't think it is silly either. I have a rather morbid sense of humor and I think the combination of a stuff animal and my humor would lead to some stupid comments from my friends especially.

It is your call, for sure. Lots of folks have it done. This goes along the lines of pet cemetaries and headstones etc. etc.....

Let us know what you decide!:confused:

Karen
09-01-2002, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't do it, only because I know that pets live on in our hearts long after we have said good-bye in person. A "Stuffed" pet just looks like the animal you had, but isn't warm, is stiff, the eyes they replace with glass eyes, so they never really look right - AND I have a massive dust allergy. The thought of having to dust a pet's corpse just doesn't seem right to me.

I think that if it's what you want to do, that's fine, but think of the long-term ramifications before hand. What are you going to do with it, once it's stuffed? Wouldn't throwing it away 30 years from be harder, and make you feel wierd? How would you feel about cleaning it, dusting it, etc ...

sujei
09-01-2002, 07:40 PM
to me it is the same as the man who was so obsessed with his lover that after her death he personally exumed her decaying body and preserved it after transporting it to his residence where he secluded himself with the corpse if u catch my drift. well i have told u my view but the real opinion that matters is urs. if there is any major uncertainties then dont do it. imagine what would happen if it should become ruined.:eek: plus it is really not ur pet. ur pet has moved on. it is just the shell of ur pet and nothing can bring it back. isnt it better to remember ur pet as it was and not as some dusty corpse

anna_66
09-02-2002, 06:02 AM
I personally wouldn't do it. It actually ran through my mind with Angus, but it would just be a shell, he's not there anymore. And I think the hardest thing would be the eyes. They are the doorway to the soul, and that just wouldn't be there anymore.
But....I don't think it's stupid either, your call.

Dogz
09-02-2002, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't do it either.

Dogz
09-02-2002, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't do it because of the same reason the Anna_66. I also thought about it though. Tell us your decition!