PDA

View Full Version : Next new moon is July 2

Medusa
06-30-2008, 06:14 AM
Ok, everyone, several people have requested that I remind them of the next new moon so that they can write their Law of Abundance check. It's on July 2 at 10:20 PM, EST. I'm really looking forward to this one because I have some major home repairs/renovations that are being done this week, if it stops raining long enough, that is. (windows and roof work) I know that some of you feel that last month's LOA wasn't successful for you but probably upon closer examination you'd find that it indeed was successful. However, this experiment was intended to be fun, not to cause argument, so I hope you'll try again w/a light hearted spirit and see what transpires. Much prosperity and abundance to you all......:)

Scooter's Mom
06-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Mary, could you tell me either here or in a PM what I need to do?

Medusa
06-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Mary, could you tell me either here or in a PM what I need to do?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=142982

There ya go! :)

Laura's Babies
06-30-2008, 08:30 AM
I am going to do it again.. any edge we can get with things like they are today........

pitc9
06-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Super!
I'll be making my check out after 10:20pm Wednesday evening!
Okay... I might be sleeping by then..:o so I'll make sure I do it first thing Thursday morning! :D

Thanks!!!

ramanth
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the reminder Mary! :)

kitten645
06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the reminder Mary. I can use all the help I can get:p
Claudia

Medusa
06-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the reminder Mary. I can use all the help I can get:p
Claudia

Amen, sista! We're all in this together. :)

Cincy'sMom
06-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I did write the check last month, and a few days later we got our tax reimbursement. I didn't think that really counted, because I knew that was coming, but then today we got our paychecks at work, and each of us got a Thank you note and a $50 gas card. I didn't think about the law of abundance check until I saw this thread, but evidently it worked and shared the good luck with my whole company!! I'll be writing another check Wednesday night!

ChrisH
07-01-2008, 05:50 AM
So that would be at 10.20pm UK time too ... or not? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/5.gif

Medusa
07-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I did write the check last month, and a few days later we got our tax reimbursement. I didn't think that really counted, because I knew that was coming, but then today we got our paychecks at work, and each of us got a Thank you note and a $50 gas card. I didn't think about the law of abundance check until I saw this thread, but evidently it worked and shared the good luck with my whole company!! I'll be writing another check Wednesday night!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! :D

Medusa
07-01-2008, 07:33 AM
So that would be at 10.20pm UK time too ... or not? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/5.gif

Hmm, I don't know. I used to have an almanac that told the moon phases all over the world but when my computer crashed, I lost it and I can't recall the name. Perhaps the Old Farmers' Almanac will tell you. If not, check your local listings and find out that way perhaps. Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Scooter's Mom
07-01-2008, 07:35 AM
So if it is 10:20 EST, that is 7:20 here in AZ. Does that mean I write my check after 7:20 PM my time? Or do I wait until 10:20 PM my time also?

Medusa
07-01-2008, 07:41 AM
So if it is 10:20 EST, that is 7:20 here in AZ. Does that mean I write my check after 7:20 PM my time? Or do I wait until 10:20 PM my time also?

Your time. :)

ChrisH
07-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Hmm, I don't know. I used to have an almanac that told the moon phases all over the world but when my computer crashed, I lost it and I can't recall the name. Perhaps the Old Farmers' Almanac will tell you. If not, check your local listings and find out that way perhaps. Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Thanks anyway, Mary. :)

p.s. I think I found out. :D http://wx.carseweather.co.uk/wxastronomy.php

Medusa
07-01-2008, 09:11 AM

It dawned on me that I was unclear about "your time". What I should have said is whatever time the new moon occurs in your time zone. Check your local listings; it's usually in the newspaper. Sorry for the confusion. :)

slick
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
For those of you who may have missed it:
Do not write the date or any amount. (That would limit the amount of money you can receive and it also limits the timing.)
Write your name where it says "Pay to the order of".
Instead of your signature, write "The Law of Abundance".
Fold it in half towards you to signify money coming to you and put it where you'll forget about it and mention it to no one.
In your check recorder, simply write your name and no date. (Do not write "Void" or you'll void the process.)W/in two weeks, (up until the full moon) you should see extra money or its equivalent (gifts, cancellation of a debt, finding a valuable antique, getting an increase on your credit card limit, notice that you can skip a payment, etc.) come to you. I've been doing this for 20 years or so and it's never failed me ever. Good luck!<!-- / message --><!-- edit note --> OK, I've quoted from the other thread but I'm confused about a couple of things.
I don't use a cheque recorder because I never write cheques...well, maybe about one per year. I pay all my bills online and everything else goes on credit or debit card and I keep tabs on my account through the web. So, will that diminish my chances of "reeping rewards?"
I'm also confused about the time. Are you saying that we don't write the cheque until the exact time the New Moon occurs? I'm not sure I want to get up at "0 past dawn"........ Can I not write out the cheque now?

Medusa
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
OK, I've quoted from the other thread but I'm confused about a couple of things.
I don't use a cheque recorder because I never write cheques...well, maybe about one per year. I pay all my bills online and everything else goes on credit or debit card and I keep tabs on my account through the web. So, will that diminish my chances of "reeping rewards?"
I'm also confused about the time. Are you saying that we don't write the cheque until the exact time the New Moon occurs? I'm not sure I want to get up at "0 past dawn"........ Can I not write out the cheque now?

If you have a check book, then go ahead and write the check since you hardly use them anyhow. I pay my bills online too and I mostly use my debit card but occasionally I have to write a check.

You don't have to write the check at the exact time; any time w/in a day, or two at the most, of the new moon will be fine. Don't write it before the new moon, however, because that's when the moon is dark and at her most negative.

I hope this helps. :)

slick
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/calendar/index.php

Here, I found this site and you can change your location and it will display the time of the New Moon. My New Moon is July 2nd at 7:20pm PST so I'll be writing my cheque tomorrow evening.

Thanks Mary, I think I get it now.
I know that I do have some money coming to me from my extended benefits from work so I'm not going to count that. We'll see what else crops up.

Keeping fingers crossed. :)

RICHARD
07-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I just got my donation from my relative! :)

---------------

Medusa,
When are you going to start asking for a cut of the profits?;)

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. It's really cool too because it makes me look for the moon whenever I go outdoors....IT's fun to watch it going thru the phases.

Medusa
07-01-2008, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD;2031217] Medusa, When are you going to start asking for a cut of the profits?;)QUOTE]

Well, now that you mention it.....KIDDING! I love hearing good reports. And yes, it's make us more aware of the moon and all creation. That's a fringe benefit. It also instills a sense of positive anticipation and expectation and we can all benefit from that. :)

jackie
07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks anyway, Mary. :)

p.s. I think I found out. :D http://wx.carseweather.co.uk/wxastronomy.php

I am in the same timeszone as the UK, so this should be the same for me too, right?

03/07/2008 03:19
02:19 UTC 3 July 2008

Medusa
07-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I am in the same timeszone as the UK, so this should be the same for me too, right?

03/07/2008 03:19
02:19 UTC 3 July 2008

Sure. If you're in the same time zone, then the same time would apply. :)

Scooter's Mom
07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
I put a sticky note on my monitor to remind me to do this tonight!
My new moon is at 8:20 pm here where I live.

pitc9
07-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Woo Hoo Mary, you've got quite the following now!
:D

Thanks for letting all of us know about it!

RedHedd
07-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Well, my horoscope today says to buy a lottery ticket and I'm expecting my economic stimulus check and a raise at work - can't hurt to give the universe a little extra push as I have dental implant bills coming up. Thank you for doing this!

moosmom
07-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I just wrote my check. SOMEBODY remind me that it's in the back of my checkbook (my mind is a terrible thing at my age).

Just after I wrote the last one, I received an unexpected check from a dear friend. I put it towards the rest of the cats that are scheduled to be spayed/neutered once they're caught.

My questions is, do I burn the last check I wrote???

Medusa
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
I just wrote my check. SOMEBODY remind me that it's in the back of my checkbook (my mind is a terrible thing at my age).

Just after I wrote the last one, I received an unexpected check from a dear friend. I put it towards the rest of the cats that are scheduled to be spayed/neutered once they're caught.

My questions is, do I burn the last check I wrote???

Put the check somewhere that you'll forget about it. The less you think about it, the better. And don't tell anyone else either. Sure, we all know about it here on PT but, after a while, you'll be doing it and won't even think about it any more. The reason I tell people to keep it secret is because there are always naysayers who want to tell you that it won't work. That can ruin our sense of expectancy and anticipation and we want the positive energy to flow. I know it works or I wouldn't be bothering w/it after all these years.

Burning the check isn't necessary. Here's what I do: I wait until New Year's Eve and do a little ceremony. I burn my calendar in the fireplace and say "Burn, burn, calendar burn. Last year's troubles never return!" and I toss the accumulated Law of Abundance checks in for good measure. That way, any money troubles that I had during the year won't return. It isn't imperative that you do this, mind you. It's just a little ritual that I indulge in every year. Helps me start the new year off w/a positive attitude and outlook. :)

phesina
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I was all set to write my check, when I remembered not to write it until AFTER the new moon, which is as you said at 10:20 tonight for us EDT folks. I'll do it tomorrow, since that's past my bedtime!

Thanks for the reminder, Mary. Good wishes to all on this!

Pat

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
LOL, Thank goodness for free checks and checking?

Other wise I'd have to suspect that someone has stock in one of those check printing companies...

----------

DONE!

ramanth
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I wonder if the fact that I bought New Moon by Stephanie Meyer today will help any? *laughs* :D

Scooter's Mom
07-02-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm all done!

krazyaboutkatz
07-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I just did it. I didn't try it last time and soon after I received a letter from one of my credit card accounts saying that my limit had been increased. I really didn't need that so hopefully now that I actually wrote a check, I'll receive some real money. I'm still expecting my stimulus check.

slick
07-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Done! :)

jackie
07-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Done, but it was sure hard getting up at 3.20 am. ;)

chocolatepuppy
07-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Count me in.;)

moosmom
07-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Done!!!

ramanth
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
The parents I'm babysitting for gave me an extra $20 just because today. :love:

We got a letter on July 1st saying our stimulus check would be here before the 5th. Does that count? :D

RICHARD
07-04-2008, 11:58 PM
This evening I went out to watch the fireworks and I noticed that there was a buautiful waxing moon in the east right after dusk.

The fires here in CA have made the last few sunsets a golden orange color. Absolutely wonderful.

Check it out.

Catty1
07-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm done too, yesterday.

So we'll see - this is cool! :)

RedHedd
07-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I did it too, but couldn't help wondering if my time was night. You have the time as standard time and we're now on daylight savings time. I hope I did it right as I received my jury duty check and had to sign it over to my employer! At least I got the letter from the IRS that my stimulus check is on its way :)

Medusa
07-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I did it too, but couldn't help wondering if my time was night. You have the time as standard time and we're now on daylight savings time. I hope I did it right as I received my jury duty check and had to sign it over to my employer! At least I got the letter from the IRS that my stimulus check is on its way :)

Daylight savings time was figured in. No worries about timing it exactly. As long as it's done around the time of the new moon and not before then, you're good. :)

Medusa
07-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I got my first demonstration already! I had new windows and a door installed in my enclosed patio and, while the installer was outside caulking, etc., he went up on the roof and cleaned my gutters for me! I was making arrangements to have them done and would've had to pay $35 per hr. for it but he saved me the trouble and the expense. They really needed done, too, because so many of those little helicopter thingies from the maple tree laid in my gutters and actually started growing trees! So. It isn't money that actually came to me but it saved me money that I would've had to spend. See where I'm going w/this? :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I had forgotten to check my mailbox yesterday so I checked it today and I received a letter from the IRS stating that my stimulus check should be here by 7/11/08. I wasn't expecting it until some time in August so this was a very nice surprise.:) It also said that I should expect to receive $600.00 which will come in handy to pay off some of my bills. I would receive more if I had children that I could claim. Too bad I can't claim any of my furkids.;) This comes at a great time because I'm almost broke right now.

slick
07-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, my cheque from my extended benefits will be here within the next day or two, but I'm not counting that.

I did, however, check on my airmiles and discovered that I have enough for a return ticket to LA. ;):D Not sure if that counts but I'm happy about that.:)

gini
07-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Well, my cheque from my extended benefits will be here within the next day or two, but I'm not counting that.

I did, however, check on my airmiles and discovered that I have enough for a return ticket to LA. ;):D Not sure if that counts but I'm happy about that.:)

ME TOO!!!!!!:D:D:D

RICHARD
07-08-2008, 01:39 AM

Hey, send up a post card from Louisana, O.K.?;):p:eek:

---------

I am going to go back east and open up a gutter cleaning service...how many bowling alleys could there be in the East?:eek:

Medusa
07-08-2008, 05:10 AM

Absolutely it counts. That's a ticket that you don't have to purchase now. I love hearing these stories!

Medusa
07-08-2008, 05:13 AM
I had forgotten to check my mailbox yesterday so I checked it today and I received a letter from the IRS stating that my stimulus check should be here by 7/11/08. I wasn't expecting it until some time in August so this was a very nice surprise.:) It also said that I should expect to receive $600.00 which will come in handy to pay off some of my bills. I would receive more if I had children that I could claim. Too bad I can't claim any of my furkids.;) This comes at a great time because I'm almost broke right now.

If I could claim the Fur Posse, I'd be golden. ;)

slick
07-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey, send up a post card from Louisana, O.K.?;):p:eek: LOL. I'll give Paula Deen your regards, shall I??

RICHARD
07-08-2008, 08:11 PM
LOL. I'll give Paula Deen your regards, shall I??

You betcha, Ya'all!:)

RICHARD
07-13-2008, 08:30 AM
LAW OF A-BUN-DANCE?

http://www.eccentricamerica.com/moon.htm

RedHedd
07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
I think I may have done it wrong. Since doing this I've had to:

Return my jury service fees to my employer
Pay my accountant
Pay an unexpected fee for an upcoming surgery
Pay an unexpected fee for car repair
Had my I.D. defrauded on my ATM card - although I didn't lose any money because I caught it in time and stopped the fraud.

I did, however, get a raise and received my stimulus check (which automatically went to pay aforesaid unexpected bills). When does it start flowing in MY direction? :(

chocolatepuppy
07-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Could it be? I had a tooth (crown) redone a few months ago. Not much hope for it. The dentist said he'd make me a deal. I 'thought' he said, I would pay only $200. regardless of what the insurance pays. Monday I get a bill from them for $683.!!!:eek: Yesterday the billing girl told me she found the dentists notes in my chart and it said as long as the insurance paid him $200.(and it did pay) I owe him nothing!!!:D I immediately thought, Law of Abundance!;)

RICHARD
07-16-2008, 05:34 PM
I picked up a side job doing a kitchen and bathroom....money!:)

Medusa
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I think I may have done it wrong. Since doing this I've had to:

Return my jury service fees to my employer
Pay my accountant
Pay an unexpected fee for an upcoming surgery
Pay an unexpected fee for car repair
Had my I.D. defrauded on my ATM card - although I didn't lose any money because I caught it in time and stopped the fraud.

I did, however, get a raise and received my stimulus check (which automatically went to pay aforesaid unexpected bills). When does it start flowing in MY direction? :(

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all". I feel that it is flowing in your direction because it helped you w/all those unexpected expenses by getting a raise and your stimulus check arrived at just the right time. :)

Medusa
07-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Could it be? I had a tooth (crown) redone a few months ago. Not much hope for it. The dentist said he'd make me a deal. I 'thought' he said, I would pay only $200. regardless of what the insurance pays. Monday I get a bill from them for $683.!!!:eek: Yesterday the billing girl told me she found the dentists notes in my chart and it said as long as the insurance paid him $200.(and it did pay) I owe him nothing!!!:D I immediately thought, Law of Abundance!;)

There ya go! Love it!

RICHARD
07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
I havet to post this really quickly.

I just got a note in the mail about potentially getting my unemployment bennies extended.

I have to look it up online but I have a feeling that this may help me out.:)

Here.

A bun dance.:cool:

Medusa
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I havet to post this really quickly.

I just got a note in the mail about pontentially getting my unemployment bennies extended.

I have to look it up online but I have a feeling that this may help me out.:)

Here.

A bun dance.:cool:

Excellent! I'm doin' the dance w/ya! :cool:

RICHARD
07-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Excellent! I'm doin' the dance w/ya! :cool:

Lead and watch your toes!

I'll finish my tiling job tomorrow and will be able to treat the "Katz" to some BBQ pork as a treat!:)

Russian Blue
07-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I found this thread really interesting. To me, it's not a matter of whether you believe or find this whole thing foolish. It's the point of focussing on the good that's coming into your life. When you set a date, at the new moon, you are consciously making yourself aware of watching for the positive. By doing this, you focus, even on the small things, and then thrilled even more if life brings more your way. If you didn't have this set date, many things would be ignored or not accounted for.

It seems many naturally focus to the negative, and don't pay attention to the good unless its large events. I don't believe or disbelieve the new moon cycle. BUT, I do believe what you put out will be returned in kind. Therefore, if you have a positive focus and send out positive energies you are more likely to surround yourself with positive people and events. Likewise, if you have a negative focus and send out negative energies in your actions and words you will most likely have less positive reactions with people and events. Therefore, the glass half empty.

Just to let you know, I have tried it twice so far and both times reaped the benefits. Whether my positive energies, focus or the new moon had a hand in it individually or together, I'll never know. I'm just keeping aware of daily events and giving thanks for even the smallest gestures passed onto me. ;)

Medusa
07-20-2008, 11:40 AM
I found this thread really interesting. To me, it's not a matter of whether you believe or find this whole thing foolish. It's the point of focussing on the good that's coming into your life. When you set a date, at the new moon, you are consciously making yourself aware of watching for the positive. By doing this, you focus, even on the small things, and then thrilled even more if life brings more your way. If you didn't have this set date, many things would be ignored or not accounted for.

It seems many naturally focus to the negative, and don't pay attention to the good unless its large events. I don't believe or disbelieve the new moon cycle. BUT, I do believe what you put out will be returned in kind. Therefore, if you have a positive focus and send out positive energies you are more likely to surround yourself with positive people and events. Likewise, if you have a negative focus and send out negative energies in your actions and words you will most likely have less positive reactions with people and events. Therefore, the glass half empty.

Just to let you know, I have tried it twice so far and both times reaped the benefits. Whether my positive energies, focus or the new moon had a hand in it individually or together, I'll never know. I'm just keeping aware of daily events and giving thanks for even the smallest gestures passed onto me. ;)

You have a wonderful outlook and no doubt this is why blessings flow to you. Thank you for sharing this. :)

Catty1
07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
You're so right, Mary.

I was at a Constructive Living workshop several years ago, and the facilitator had us talk to each other about the troublesome or bad things that had happened to us in the past week (we were at tables in groups of 4 or 5).

Well, the gabbling ensued. Then the facilitator stopped us, and told us to talk about the good things that had happened to us in the past week.

SILENCE.

We needed time to think...and by the time our brains started, he took us on to the next topic.

Try this at your next coffee chat or friends night out!:D