PDA

View Full Version : a little encouragement

davidpizzica
06-29-2008, 07:00 PM
On tuesday I go in to see the orthopeic surgeon about my knee. I'm kind of nervous about what he'll find out about it. I don't want to hear the words, "you need more surgery".

Karen
06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
But just think, after the visit, you won't have that dread of the visit weighing you down! Tell him I said "Your knees are your friends, be gentle to them!"

We'll be thinking of you!

Laura's Babies
06-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Good luck on Tuesday!

moosmom
06-30-2008, 07:50 AM
David,

Good luck at the doctor. I hope it's just a little water on the knee that can be drawn out by a "gulp" needle that will help relieve the pain.

You will be, as always, in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Donna

davidpizzica
06-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all of the kind words and cheering up. I'm hoping it isn't anything serious and I can go back to work again. I'll let everyone know the results. Thanks again.

davidpizzica
06-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I just came from my regular doctor today and now I have TWO doctor's appointments for tomorrow! She is sending me to a cardiologist at 9:30 because she's concerned about my a-fib and when I get through that, I still have to go and see about my knee at 2:30. I"ll be doctored out!

Karen
06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Okay, take a plain-color T-shirt and a Sharpie. Write on it in big letters:

Be Nice to Me:
People Love me!

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Very good luck at the doctors tomorrow, David. Two in the one day is a bit much for anybody!

davidpizzica
06-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Okay, take a plain-color T-shirt and a Sharpie. Write on it in big letters:

Be Nice to Me:
People Love me!

Karen, I'll wear my Cat Sense shirt. It's purple with a picture of a grey tabby on the front. Maybe if the doctors see that I'm a cat lover, they'll go easier on me!

davidpizzica
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Very good luck at the doctors tomorrow, David. Two in the one day is a bit much for anybody!

Thanks Karen. I'm still kind of apprehensive as to what they'll say to me at either one!

carole
06-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Aww bro i really feel for you, you are having a rough time of things, i wish you all the best and hope there is only good news, all fingers and paws are crossed here for a good outcome, HUGS,:love::love:

Medusa
07-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Good thoughts from Ohio headed your way.......

gini
07-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I sincerely hope that all goes well for you today, David!

Logan
07-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I hope you get two good reports today, David!! Might as well knock them all out in one day so you don't have to take more time away from work. :)

Miss Z
07-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for you, David!

Daisy and Delilah
07-01-2008, 01:36 PM
All my best wishes to you, David. I hope that all you get is good news. Can't wait for an update.
My latest surgery is over and I hope it's a success. Glad to get out of the hospital.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

joycenalex
07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
....and the doctors said?...

davidpizzica
07-01-2008, 05:06 PM
All my best wishes to you, David. I hope that all you get is good news. Can't wait for an update.
My latest surgery is over and I hope it's a success. Glad to get out of the hospital.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Daisy and delilah, I was very lucky at the orthopedic surgeon appointment. My left knee is okay, he thought I might have strained some muscles around it. However at the cardiologist, he's worried about my Atrial Fibrillation and he wants to test for sleep apthia! He also wants to give me a stress test and lose some weight and have dental work done. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you for being out of the hospital and getting better!

Rachel
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Sounds like you getting some good advice from the cardiologist and that he is going to be helpful in doing everything possible in terms of ensuring you will be around long enough for knees to wear out. :p Thanks for the update.
Just had one of those stress tests myself. I aced it. LOL

Daisy and Delilah
07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm so happy to hear you probably won't be needing surgery on the knee, David. Good for you!! Remember to baby it like crazy. It will pay off in the end.
Best wishes on the rest of your tests. Sleep apnea can be very serious. My son was just tested. He stopped breathing 40 times in an hour. It scares me to hear this. It scared him too. He's turned into a health seeking machine since he got the report. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{HUGS}}}}
Thanks for your kind words:)