PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't get much better than this...

Don Juan's mom
06-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Me this morning: Breakfast, asiago cheese bagel with salmon spread, organic strawberries, orange juice and coffee. Reclining on the sofa, with Don Juan snoozing in the crook of my knees. San Jose Mercury News in my hands, with this article:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_9728021?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

You suppose Mr. Landlord will let me build one of these? (Maybe if I let the other kitties in the building use it...) :cool:

Liz

catmandu
06-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I WISH THAT THERE WERE PHOTOGRAPHS SO I COULD SHOW MY CONTRACTOR EXCATLY WHAT I WANT HIM TO DO WITH THE PORCH CATS.
I AM THINKING AN ENCLOSED DECK WITH A ROOF AND SELES THAT MIGHT BE OVERALL THE BEST OPTION , OR A BIG ENCLOSED GAZEBO!!!
IT WILL BE ABOUT 3 GRAND , BUT IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT.
:love::love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011912.jpg
AND I CAN BE A SAFE HAPPY CAT!!!

Laura's Babies
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
How many others there have cats?......... and how would you keep them from fighting each other..... maybe assign times for each? I think it would be easy enough to do..

There is nothing better than relaxing with a warn furry lap warmer! NOTHING!

cassiesmom
06-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow, Cassie wants to know if we can have one of those built for the kitties in our building!

Don Juan's mom
06-28-2008, 09:14 PM
How many others there have cats?......... and how would you keep them from fighting each other..... maybe assign times for each? I think it would be easy enough to do..

Let's see... out of eight apartments, there's my two and at least two "only cats," plus one d*g.

There is nothing better than relaxing with a warn furry lap warmer! NOTHING!

Oh, yes! :)

Moesha
06-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd like an outside enclosure, but I wonder if it would make Morgan, who has no desire to go outside at all, more inclined to try to sneak out if he knew what it was really like out there.

Medusa
06-29-2008, 07:09 AM
I think my enclosed patio will have to do. When I open the windows, each one stands in front of a window and I think that's all the adventure I want them to have. Mom is a fussbudget. ;)

mruffruff
06-30-2008, 11:00 AM
My cat pen has been a real asset! Most of the cats have little desire to go any further, at least until they see the neighborhood strays. They love to watch the birds.

My pen is about 9 feet by 30 feet and 6 feet high. It cost about $300 to build, including the shade cloth I put on part of it. The cat flap cost an additional $100 because it is made to insert in a doulble hung window. I used 2x4's, 1x3's, chicken wire and utility wire fencing---and a lot of screws. It wasn't hard to do if you can operate a drill type screwdriver. Of course you have to own the land it's on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/mruffruff/Cats/penoutside.jpg?t=1214841615

jennielynn1970
07-01-2008, 10:47 AM
That is cool!!!

Wanna come to PA and build me one?? I'll pay ya!

mruffruff
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I could be tempted:D

You should try it yourself. It really isn't hard as long as you don't try to rush it. I did it in a hurry when the temperatures were in the low 100's. I don't think that was an ideal time but the woman next door was threatening to catch all the strays and have them put down. This was my answer.:rolleyes:

The strays are now mine and the neighbor has moved. The pen has been up for about 5 years so I must have done it right. Not necessarily pretty, but sturdy.