PDA

View Full Version : Tour De France '08?

RICHARD
06-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Has it been a year already?

Time to get rolling again.

--------------

Team Slipstream-a new team with very strict doping rules will race in the Tour. Looking forward to see how they do.

Floyd Landis is gonna find out if he gets his Tour win from '06 back....

I am a little disappointed to hear that Boonen was caught doping..:mad:

I hope it's a good race this year, no problems and no major controversies!:)

moosmom
06-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Darn!!! My bike is in the shop and my O2 tank is empty. Oh well, maybe next year.:p

RICHARD
06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Darn!!! My bike is in the shop and my O2 tank is empty. Oh well, maybe next year.:p

You can watch and cheer them on...

I think Slick still owes us a race!;)

smokey the elder
06-30-2008, 07:18 AM
It would be nice if they could clean the doping out of the sport! That detracts from an amazing endurance event.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I am a little disappointed to hear that Boonen was caught doping..:mad:

He was caught using cocaine; the test was taken in privat time, not after a stage. We are disappointed in him too, he was our best Belgian cyclist...

Watch these 2 Belgians in that Tour, they might be a surprise:
Devolder & Van Avermaet.

Do you like cycling competition? What a shame you don't live around here; several tours closeby all summer! (yes, we have a spare room ;)

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
I got into cycling after my motorcycle was stolen. I rode to work for 5 years.

I started to watch the tour back when Greg LeMond was racing,

There is a velodrome in the valley and they race there every Saturday- Criteriums, Keirins, Madison, and Devil Take Hindmost races, and the Amgen Tour of California ends at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, which is close by.

I like track racing in person and would rather watch the road racing on the television. I need to see what is happening at all times!
:)