PDA

View Full Version : Soft Paws???

sujei
09-01-2002, 01:58 AM
I am getting a kitty from our local humane society in sept. my father says she has to be spayed and delcawed. i was all for it untill i did some research on the procedure. i could not believe i can this close to getting a kitty and agreeing to declawing it. What x-actly is soft paws and where can i get my grubby hand on some if they r what i think they r. is soft paws better than clipping the nails. does clipping nails stop property destruction. i will be living with my parents untill january and i will not care about my cats claws once i have all my own stuff at risk. a bit of help or advice plz:confused: i believe i am quite clueless;)

Freckles
09-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Have you tried a search for "Soft Paws"? Click on Search, then at Search by Keyword, type in Soft Paws. Click on Show results as thread. then search. Might try that, but here (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=157964&highlight=soft+paws#post157964) is a good one that shows a picture with good comments.

krazyaboutkatz
09-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Trimming the cats claws should also help to stop it from destroying furniture. You should also buy or make a scratching post. I have my cats nails trimmed once a month and it really helps. Good luck. :)

sujei
09-02-2002, 09:32 PM
thnx a lot guys. i know thats the way for me. my parents just got new expensive furniture and they are not so care free with materials such as i, so that will be the way for me :D