PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please...

DJFyrewolf36
06-27-2008, 01:08 PM
It looks like I have to move...again :(
Our roommate is being evicted because management refuses to approve me on the lease. I have a good job but my credit is poor (going through a bankruptcy) and I have a "no fault" eviction on my record from almost 5 years ago. The management here has expressed that not only do they not approve of my credit, they also don't want my "eyesore" of a car on their property :mad:
If I was on the lease, I'd probibly have a leg to stand on as far as fighting for my rights but since Im not on the paperwork I really don't have any recourse in my current situation.
So I'm looking for bad credit/eviction approval places and hoping that we can rent a place before the management here files the eviction. If worse comes to absolute worse I have a place I can store my things and keep care of the kitties until something opens up...me and the hubby would have to stay at the homeless shelter though. :(
Hopefully I can just find a place and be done with it. Prayers please that we can find a place quickly and just move once...instead of having to wrangle with storage and stuff.

Laura's Babies
06-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Bad credit and evictions are things that will follow you a long time.

moosmom
06-27-2008, 01:42 PM
DJ,

I had the same problem when I had to find a place to live. My credit sucks, I also have a bankruptcy under my belt from 5 years ago. I desperately wanted to move into a place that had one bedroom. Unfortunately, the investors who owned the building, said no because they require excellent credit. I thought for SURE my address was gonna end up E16P48 MICHIGAN. I looked a little more and found my first place (one room, very crowded with so many cats) and as one of my friends said, "it's a start". The "start" required one month's security and first months rent plus last 2 months security. I'm surprized hey didn't ask for my first born and a blood sample. Months later a 2 room studio became available. I had an easier time with that because I had been a great tenant. I never complain, pay my rent on time, what more could they ask for.

Is there ANY way you can have someone co-sign on the lease. I had to do that for my daughter because she was young and didn't have any established credit, yet she had a great job and SSD benefits and was more than able to pay her share of the rent (with a roommate, of course).

Good luck, girl. I know EXACTLY what you're going through.

DJFyrewolf36
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Im hoping my parents can co-sign however Im not expecting it. My credit is only poor due to the hospital bills and my insurance refusing to cover things they said they'd cover. As for the eviction, I fought it tooth and nail as there was no reason for it (it even says so on the eviction paperwork :rolleyes: ) but since it went through the courts, it stands.
Luckily it seems there are places willing to work with us and we know a few property owners who may be willing to rent to us without a lot of paperwork.
Thanks for the reply Donna, it gives me hope I can crawl out of this hole eventually lol.

caseysmom
06-27-2008, 02:42 PM
How scary. I am sure there is someone willing to give you a chance, lots of folks hit hard times, just keep looking.

Medusa
06-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Bankruptcy isn't the end of the world and it isn't the end of your credit either, although there are those who would disagree w/me. You'll pull yourself out of this, you'll reestablish your credit and this struggle will be a memory, albeit an unpleasant one. Given the times, people seem more willing to work w/those who have less than perfect credit and you and hubby will find just the right place for the two of you and your fur family. There will be no need to go to a homeless shelter. Just hold your head high, don't allow fear to grip you, look it straight in the eye and refuse to bow down to circumstances. Looking forward to pix of your new apartment which will become home in no time.....:)

lizbud
06-27-2008, 04:47 PM
How scary. I am sure there is someone willing to give you a chance, lots of folks hit hard times, just keep looking.

I agree. I hope you get the chance to prove yourself at a new place.:)
Best of luck with your search.

ChrisH
06-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Prayers & positive thoughts on the way. {{hugs}}

kimlovescats
06-27-2008, 10:44 PM
There are so many homeowners filing bankruptcy these days, that's how most apartments get their tenants! You'll find one that will accept you! Hang in there!

(((HUGS)));)

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Well we have found a place!
It's a temporary thing though, but low enough rent to where we can save up and get a good place. Also it gives me a couple of months to establish my work history and the bankruptcy to finish up.
Concidering we found out we have to be out no later than tomorrow afternoon, I'm happy things worked out as well as they did.
Turns out the eviction only stands if me and the hubby don't leave...so I think you can guess what the roommate had to say :mad:
I can't blame him I guess, I just wish I didn't just pay part of rent, I could have used the cash lol.
Well off to a new adventure! If I don't post for a little bit, its because Im waiting for my internet service to transfer.
Thanks for the well wishes!

Catty1
06-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Good news - a new affordable start! :)

Am a tad confused on the eviction thing - not that it matters - but you and your hubby are being evicted, the roomie is not?

In any case - I get the feeling you are better off without him.

{{{hugs}}} and we'll look forward to hearing from you when you and hubby and the furkids are all resettled. :D

Laura's Babies
06-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Am a tad confused on the eviction thing - not that it matters - but you and your hubby are being evicted, the roomie is not?

When my sister managed some apartments, there were only "X" number of tenants allowed in a 1 bedroom apartment and so many allowed in a 2 bedroom. If you exceeded that amount you could get evicted. Also, if you moved someone else in, they had to be on the lease and credit checks were done on them.

In the park I am in now the manager has to approve anyone else you move in with you or they can evict you even though you own your own mobile home. I am glad it is like that here.

moosmom
06-28-2008, 05:38 PM
DJ,

Glad you found something, even though it's temporary. Things ARE looking up.

jennielynn1970
06-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Most apartment complexes I lived at before required any room mates to be on the lease. They didn't allow subletting at all. I had tried to get my (almost) 3rd roommate at the one place on the lease and they said no because of her credit history and because she wasn't able to hold a job (something that I wasn't able to find out when I was interviewing for roommates).

The management didn't threaten to evict me if she didn't move out (she was there temporarily), but if they had done so, I wouldn't have blamed them, as it would have been in their right. Leases are there for a reason, as are the rules. They would have ended up with 2BR apartments with 10 people in them if they didn't have them.

Hope the new place will be a fresh starting point for you and your husband. Everything happens for a reason, so I hope that something positive comes out of the move!