PDA

View Full Version : Why sons don't allow their mothers to send wedding invitations ;-)

Medusa
06-26-2008, 03:22 PM
You are regretfully invited to the wedding between my perfect son

THE DOCTOR

and some

Cheap Two-bit Tramp

whose name escapes me at the moment.

The Biggest Disaster in My Family's History will take place at

9 PM on Saturday, September 8th

and no doubt end in divorce

hopefully in time to still be eligible for an annulment.

THE OVERWHELMINGLY DISAPPOINTING HEARTBREAK OF A CEREMONY
WILL BE FOLLOWED BY DINNER, WHERE NUTS WILL BE SERVED
BECAUSE WHATSHERFACE HAS AN ALLERGY.

Sevaede
06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Heh, I got a good giggle. :p

pitc9
06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
LOL!! That's great!
I love it!

moosmom
06-26-2008, 03:56 PM
What a riot!! Mary, thanks for the great laugh. I really needed it!!

Sounds like something my ex mother-in-law would write. Hey, she wore black to my wedding so NOTHING would surprize me. The old bag is dead now.:p

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2008, 03:57 PM
A thread with a joke about mothers-in-law! (Mine is a saint...)

WIll be interesting to see what happens.

Cute joke by the way.

caseysmom
06-26-2008, 04:07 PM
That is hysterical! Thanks for the laugh.

Karen
06-26-2008, 04:23 PM
I wonder how many mothers-in-law who feel this way change their minds after some time?

I love my mum-in-law!

Catty1
06-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Karen, a quote I read somewhere: "It's interesting how the boy that wasn't good enough to marry the daughter becomes the father of the smartest grandchild in the world.";)

Freedom
06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks, Mary!

RICHARD
06-26-2008, 05:33 PM
You could at least print the address so we could RSVP.

I wouldn't miss this for the world.

------------

Does anyone watch Bridezillas?

When I got the flu in January I fell asleep while watching some program and woke up to a marathon of that train wreck....IT was a laugh riot.

I love it.

Laura's Babies
06-26-2008, 06:02 PM
VERY good!! Thanks for the laugh!

Casper
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Haha! That is wonderful. http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/t_laugh.gif
I have honestly never seen a mother-in-law in my family who wasn't fond of her daughter-in-law. I guess we are just an abnormally peaceful family all around.

moosmom
06-26-2008, 06:58 PM
RICHARD,

I watch Bridezillas all the time and I cannot BELIEVE the arrogance of some of these broads.

Did you see where the girl tried on her wedding dress and it didn't fit anymore because she couldn't pull herself away from her plate. There was no way in HEdoublehockeysticks that zipper was going up. There was a gap of AT LEASE 2 inches in the zipper. Does she go on a diet??? Noooooo! She demands that her parents buy her another dress. Of course they give in.

DJFyrewolf36
06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Lol :d

Killearn Kitties
06-27-2008, 03:50 AM
:D Lovely idea.

I actually know of someone who sent a telegram to her son's wedding signed "Your broken-hearted mother". :eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
06-27-2008, 03:52 AM
That is hysterical :D

RICHARD
06-27-2008, 08:01 AM
RICHARD,

I watch Bridezillas all the time and I cannot BELIEVE the arrogance of some of these broads.

Did you see where the girl tried on her wedding dress and it didn't fit anymore because she couldn't pull herself away from her plate.

I don't mean to hijack this thread...Bridezillas is a program that follows women that go nuts before their weddings. These women are rude, obnoxious and stupid. This season they are putting more emphasis on the families and in-laws.

They had a woman who objected to her son marrying this dumb broad. At the wedding when the preacher did it, "who objects to this wedding?", the MIL clears her throat loud enough for the whole place to hear. It was funny.

I have to say that I do not feel sorry for the p-whipped boyfriends. They will be divorced before three years pass or will wake up one day with a fork in their foreheads.

------------------

The woman who narrates the program had a million dollar wedding. She used to be a style reporter at KTLA here in Lost Angeles. She is a diva. My GF's SIL worked at the station and used to work with her.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Haha. I need to show that to my sister, she's getting married in a couple weeks. Both her fiancee's mom and step mom LOVE her, so that wouldn't be a issue for her, she'll get a good laugh out of it though.

Medusa
06-27-2008, 09:18 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread...Bridezillas is a program that follows women that go nuts before their weddings. These women are rude, obnoxious and stupid. This season they are putting more emphasis on the families and in-laws.

They had a woman who objected to her son marrying this dumb broad. At the wedding when the preacher did it, "who objects to this wedding?", the MIL clears her throat loud enough for the whole place to hear. It was funny.

I have to say that I do not feel sorry for the p-whipped boyfriends. They will be divorced before three years pass or will wake up one day with a fork in their foreheads.

------------------

The woman who narrates the program had a million dollar wedding. She used to be a style reporter at KTLA here in Lost Angeles. She is a diva. My GF's SIL worked at the station and used to work with her.

You're not hijacking at all, Richard. I think that the two go hand in hand. I can't watch Bridezillas any more. I watched a few episodes and couldn't take it. I've grown weary of watching people behave so badly and gaining notoriety for it. Case in point: the prostitute that Gov. Spitzer was involved with. According to the news, she's actually thanked her "fans" on her website. (This is actually off subject but who knows, we might see her w/her own reality show.) My ex-SIL had a million dollar wedding. She's no more or less married than one who had a reasonably priced wedding, if there even is such a thing nowadays. I hear people voicing the opinion that they want to see more of the old fashioned values and yet, the entertainment on TV reveals otherwise.

lizbud
06-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Cute joke :) My MIL wasn't that bad really. We never agreed on my
ideas about child raising, but I always got my way in the end & with no
harsh words. She was just to "old school" for my liking.:)

Husky_mom
06-27-2008, 05:02 PM
how did you managed to get a copy of our invitations??.... LOL....

not likely.. haha.. I made them myself... otherwise thatīs just how they would be read... LOL

shepgirl
06-27-2008, 07:22 PM
After 3 horrible days of rotten luck it was hilarious to read this Medussa. Probably still be laughing tomorrow. The reason...? My daughter will soon be getting married....lol.

CathyBogart
06-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Hehehehe, I'm lucky to have such an awesome future mother in law. :)

RICHARD
06-29-2008, 02:08 PM
One thing about the Bridezillas program that would make it more entertaining would be a huge weight lifter guy that would step out from behind the camera and smack the crap out of any on the people acting stupid.

Years ago my mom and I were talking about marriage, I came home from work and was in a foul mood-one of the gals in the office got engaged and she came in and was showing her 'stone' around. Invariably the women who are taken with a shiny carbon stone will make comments to the men in the office. Crap like, "You better buy your GF a bigger ring!" or "I bet you can't afford anything like that working here!" Woman seem to put more effort into showing off a relationship as opposed to keeping it alive.

I did have a lovely woman once say that she couldn't date me because I didn't make enough money. Of course, I didn't find this out until she searched the BACK of my pants.....I told here See You Next Tuesday! and that was it for high maintenence bimbos.

--------------

About the Spitzer broad- Some news-talking-head was on that subject and
the other woman who she was talking to said that she was "hot".

She was a below average looking hooker who has to find a way to make legal money now.

One man's trash in another's reality TV star.

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Goodness RICHARD....I thought you were offended by anything even remotely smacking of gender bashing....yeah right....

:D:D:D ROTFLMAO

RICHARD
06-29-2008, 06:19 PM
:D:D:D ROTFLMAO

Look out for the table legs while you ROTF.;)

Hookers need love too?:confused:

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Do hypocrites need love as well...:D:D:D

RICHARD
06-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Do hyopocrites need love

Say what?

Do you mean Hippocrates? He's dead.:eek:

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2008, 10:49 PM
So sorry about my typo! First one EVER on PetTalk...

No...I mean people who say one thing and do another....

As long as your bring up medicine.."Physican ...heal thyself.."

A week ago you were complaining about having your delicate feeling hurt by some silly joke about men...

This week you trash women. Such as "high maintenence bimbos."

So I'll spell it correctly...h y p o c r i t e.

Karen
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Gee, I didn't see the phrase "high maintenance bimbo" as denigrating to all women ... I know some high-maintenance women - and some high-maintenance men as well!

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2008, 11:48 PM
"Bimbo" and "broad" -- as far as I know those are very offensive terms for women.

You don't think those offensive terms Karen? Wow!

Okay, my mistake. Now I understand.

RICHARD
06-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Okay, my mistake. Now I understand.

Whew!

For one minute there I thought I was going to have to mail you my "Freedon of Speech" card. You scared me for a second,

--------------------

I saw a hippo-crate when I went to the zoo last time. I didn't know how they traveled until then.:confused:

Edwina's Secretary
06-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Whew!

For one minute there I thought I was going to have to mail you my "Freedon of Speech" card. You scared me for a second,

This from someone who was offended enough by some silly photos that the thread had to be deleted. Where was your freedom of speech card then???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have spent way too much time around men who call women broads and bimbos and then are surprised that they are not the favorite. You can make all the silly word games but it doesn't change this one HYPOCRITE.

Sevaede
06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
My ex-SIL had a million dollar wedding. She's no more or less married than one who had a reasonably priced wedding, if there even is such a thing nowadays. I hear people voicing the opinion that they want to see more of the old fashioned values and yet, the entertainment on TV reveals otherwise.

Hehe! My wedding, including, a couple of frills cost about $175. It was small and awesome! :D

Medusa
06-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm all for ritual and their importance but too much emphasis is placed on the wedding and not enough on the marriage. Weddings last a day; marriages are supposed to last a lifetime but, of course, that's rarely the case nowadays.

RICHARD
06-30-2008, 02:37 PM
This from someone who was offended enough by some silly photos that the thread had to be deleted. Where was your freedom of speech card then???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is bimbette more acceptable?

If you remember correctly, which you do not, I made some jokes about the pictures.....Like the guy smoking a ciggie while his wife carried the bundle of sticks........Fire and combustibles mixing? Or the guy not being able to row the boat because he was a smoker?

I think it was you who took offense to the posts where males were being defended...Of course, some males should be tossed to the wolves. Women already have a champion for their causes, Gloria Allred, so you can rest easy.

I have had the urge to call men like Bill Maher and Drew Peterson d!ck$-but being a Dick myself, it makes me uneasy.:confused:

-----------------

Medusa,

THAT'S what I mean.

One of the weddings I saw oin the program was a million dollar job where the woman had some cloth panels brought over from Japan-she made the point of telling the camera crew that they were 8,000 dollars a piece- that were hung in the building.

Here is my question.

You/your family spends 8k per panel (I don't remember how many there were.)
and after the wedding where do they go? Do the coordinators scoop them up?
Does the clean up crew take them home and cut them up for curtains or seat covers? Do the guests fight for them afterwards?

Why all the flowers?
Spend thousands of dollars on soon-to-be-mulch?

Why an open bar for 10,15 k?

I wonder how many people spent megabucks to get married and are now in foreclosure because they can't afford to pay for their homes?

--------------

Marriage used to be starting small, growing up and settling down comfortably when you near the finish line.

Now, everyone wants to start fast, they crash and burn mid-race and spend the rest of the time in the pit box watching the laps tick by.

Sad.

--------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25416138/?GT1=43001

??????

Lady's Human
07-01-2008, 02:59 AM
This from someone who was offended enough by some silly photos that the thread had to be deleted. Where was your freedom of speech card then???

Sara, the thread wasn't deleted for the pictures. The thread was deleted because someone took the discussion away from the pictures and turned it from a discussion of the pictures into ranting about particular board members.....I wonder who that could be?

As an aside, thank you for proving my point from the deleted thread far, far more thoroughly than I could have ever hoped with your responses in this thread.

Edwina's Secretary
07-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I see you have acquired a new skill LH...RICHARDspeak!

Pam
07-01-2008, 12:09 PM
As an aside, thank you for proving my point from the deleted thread far, far more thoroughly than I could have ever hoped with your responses in this thread.

Sara, I think he has got you there. Now can we all be friends....please? :(