PDA

View Full Version : Sleight of hand?

RICHARD
06-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I know I am going to pay for this one later on.

-------------------

Ed eating patterns are of the 'grazing' variety.

I try to keep a full bowl of food for him.I also try to rotate the brands he likes.

The problem comes when he likes the new brand better than the old brand.

I take the old stuff at the bottom of the dish and try to mix it up with the new brands.

The Edster isn't fooled so easily. He goes over to the shelf where the new food is...

CAT OWNER WARNING

I stopped storing the food in the shelf or in a plastic box. I kept losing the cat inside the cupboards and the plastic box, full of food, kept getting knocked to the floor and mysteriously open, spilling all the wonderful kibble-y goodness all over the floor.

-----------------------------

....and selects the kind of kibble that he wants. He pulls the bag out with his teeth, putting teeth holes in the plastic bag, then sits in front of it until I get
over to where he is at and pour him a new handful of food.

Today, after his picking out the Kibble du Jour I took the package, then seeing that there was a quarter of a bag left, I pretended to pour a fresh bit of food into the bowl.

I used my free hand to shuffle the old food so it sounded like I poured a fresh batch in.

The Edster fell for the ruse and is now napping in his favorite place near the window....

I know I lied to Ed and am prepared to let him have two "sins against mankind" in the next week...

Pray for me!:rolleyes:

aki
06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
i tried that once with chuck (rb). i bought food in a pinch at a discount store, and he refused to eat it. so i got him his regular food and mixed the other in so not to waste it. and i'll be hornswaggled if he didn't pick the stuff out that he didn't like and put it on the floor all around his bowl. :D

lvpets2002
06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
:eek:What!! Just think I thought you were a honest man Richard.. :p Just think you trying to fool poor wittle inocent Edster.. You should be kitty Whisker Licked 50 times.. :D

Laura's Babies
06-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm wondering if he can fool him again!

Your best bet is to put the stuff in one bag and mix it so that the flavors "blend". MIke use to do it with Klinger and Yetta's food, in with their treats and after about 4 days, they gobbles up their treat flavored food and thought it was real treats.

catmandu
06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
MY DEAR MOTHER HAD A TRICK :cool: RICHARD THAT SHE USED ON FUSSY CATS.
IF THEY DIDNT LIKE THIER CANNED FOOD, SHE WOULD GET A FORK, AND AS YOU DID PRETEND THAT THERE WAS NEW FOOD:) GOING IN, WHILE ALL SHE DID WAS STIR IT UP WITH A FORK.:love::love:
I DO THS ONCE IN A WHILE AND SOMETIMES IT WORKS, ALTHOUGH I DONT HAVE MY MOTHERS SUCCESS RATE.:cool: