PDA

View Full Version : Reason for my absence...

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-25-2008, 12:48 PM
My sister is having a baby! A GIRL - - YAY!! Well I wanted to give her a little more than just a "gift" at her shower, I wanted it to have meaning and be truly from the heart so I made her a quilt and two matching pillows. It is my first quilt ever so I know there are boo-boos but for the most part I am pleased with it. I am getting ready to start quily number two:D A bright one, maybe even something she can use on the floor for play time and stuff.
Top side
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/quiltforbaby001.jpg
Underside
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/quiltforbaby003.jpg
and the rectangle pillow is different on the other side...
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/quiltforbaby004.jpg

lvpets2002
06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
:love: :eek: Oh WoW your talent is Breathtaken.. The quilt & pillows are so Adorable.. Now I hope Chopper dont have his feelings hurt due to its not for him..:D Your sister will just adore this.. great work & pics thanks..

shepgirl
06-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Those are beautiful . I'm sure your sister will love them more than any store bought gifts. Love the colours, something so different than the usual. I think your sister will cherish this gift forever.

pitc9
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
O...M... GAWD!!!
Great job! It's beautiful!!!

Something for the baby to have for the rest of her life!

prechrswife
06-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Wow! You did a great job!:D

boomersooner
06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Okay, I'm jealous....I can't even sew a straight line.....I think Chopper needs one in a Harley design!

CathyBogart
06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
It's lovely!

kimlovescats
06-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Those are gorgeous! What a wonderful gift!

Moesha
06-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Did you have a pattern that you used for making them? One of my dearest friends has been married for 12 years and is expecting her first child in December. They don't know what it is yet, but I was thinking of attempting to make something. But I don't have much talent in that area. Squares look like the easiest thing to me though.

lizbud
06-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats, great job.The colors are beautiful & I'm sure she will love them.:)

K9karen
06-25-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm blown away! I love the colors and the design! Did Chopper help? I figure he has such amazing landscaping skills that he'd try out quilting!

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments:)

Boomersmom - yes I will probably eventually make Chopper one. He seemed to think this one was his as he kept wanting to sit on it every time I had it out to work on LOL.

Moesha - I just looked on line for free quilting patterns. I figured for my first one squares would be the safest. It took 3 yards of the stripes and the others were left overs in the bin at the fabric store and they all averaged 1/2-3/4 yard. I cut them all in 7 inch squares (except for the back of course) and sewed them together in rows after I figured out what pattern I liked and then sewed the rows together. The batting was a bit of a pain in the butt as it sticks to itself and to the fabric so you have to kind of play around to get it in the right position.

K9Karen - Chopper supervised LOL he is really good at that and then he had to try it out several times during the process to be sure it was comfy enough. :D

Pam
06-26-2008, 06:10 AM
You did a beautiful job! I can't believe it is your first quilt! My husband's aunt made tons of quilts in her lifetime. All of the grandchildren/cousins/nieces/nephews each have a few. It is a wonderful thing to be able to hand down. I am sure your sister will be blown away! :cool:

Chopper sure has been a busy little boy with his landscaping duties and now quality control for the quilt. :p

Freedom
06-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Terrific work! Traci, how do you find the time? Between the 3 dogs, the fish pond, landscaping, motoring to see the shuttle (and other things, or just riding) . . . quite impressive! You must be organized. what a nice present for your sister and soon new niece!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-26-2008, 08:10 AM
WOW!!! great job

*LabLoverKEB*
06-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Wow Traci, those are beautiful! I love the colors!