View Full Version : Man admits killing his family with a hammer :-(

Catty1
06-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Not just in North America, sadly...

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20080625a3.html

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Man admits killing his family with a hammer
Compiled from Kyodo, AP

Police found four members of a family, including a young girl, slain at their home in Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture, on Tuesday after a 77-year-old man called to say he had killed his entire family.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/images/photos2008/nn20080625a3a.jpg
House of horrors: Members of the media position themselves outside a home in Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture, on Tuesday where a 77-year-old man is suspected of murdering four members of his family. KYODO

Yoshio Kiuchi was arrested on suspicion of fatally battering his wife, Tokiko, 75, his son Shigeru, 49, daughter-in-law Miyuki, 44, and 4-year-old granddaughter, Manami, with a sledgehammer between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m., police said.

All four victims apparently sustained head injuries, and the police said they had recovered the apparent weapon — a 1-meter sledgehammer covered in blood.

Kiuchi was quoted as telling officers he "had trouble with the family" over his health problems.

"My wife told me once that my presence in the family was bothersome, and I thought about killing her a couple of times in the past. I did it because I thought I would feel better if I killed the entire family," he was quoted as saying.

The police said Miyuki and Manami were found clothed in pajamas and that Tokiko was in a "kappogi" — a typical white outfit worn by housewives. Shigeru was in a jersey.

Kiuchi was initially taken to a hospital after being found unconscious in the home.

Cinder & Smoke
06-24-2008, 10:31 PM
WHAT does this have to do with PETS ???

:confused:

Catty1
06-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Many threads in the Dog House have nothing to do with pets, Phred.

RICHARD
06-25-2008, 05:54 AM
This is the second 'mass' murder in a country where there is strict gun control rules in place.

About a week ago a crazy dude went on a rampage with a car and a knfe. He ran the car into people then got out and stabbed a bunch of people to death.
I think the total was 21 dead and wounded. Pretty horrific for Japan.

It shows that there are no safe places on the planet.

elizabethann
06-25-2008, 11:13 AM
That's so sad.