PDA

View Full Version : Prayers PLEASE for Mollie Rose...

moosmom
06-24-2008, 05:15 PM
This humid weather has taken a toll on Mollie Rose's asthma. I'm used to giving her Chlortrimeton or half a Benedryl. Her congestion was SO bad today, I gave her a whole Benedryl. 3 hours later her breathing is labored, she foaming at the mouth, and walking around the place like she's anxious. I called my vet and they asked me how many mgs. the Benedryl was. I can't tell cuz I don't have the original packaging, just the pills in air tight seals.

I spoke with the vet and he said to keep an eye on her. The Benedryl has to make it through her system. If her breathing gets any worse or she starts foaming at the mouth again, bring her in.

I'm praying to God it's just the crappy humidity. I don't want to lose my baby!!!! :( I know she's 15 years old, but I just don't want to lose her.:(

catmandu
06-24-2008, 05:25 PM
I HAVE HAD A DEHUMIDIFIER:cool: ADDED TO MY FURNACE AS IT CAN GET MUGGY HERE AS WELL AND 4 OF THE FOUND CATS ARE LIKE DEAR MOLLIE ROSE OVER 15.
CAN YOU GET A SMALL DEHUMIDIFIER AND A FAN:, AND KEEP HER COOL :cool:THAT WAY. IT WORKS AS THE FOUND CATS SLEEP IN THE BREEZE!
OUR PRAYERS ARE COMING FOR YOUR DEAR SENIOR THAT SHE CAN SURVIVE WHAT MAY BE A VERY LONG HOT SUMMER. :(

momcat
06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Poor Mollie Rose! Many prayers are being prayed for your sweet baby and a very swift recovery. Please keep us updated on her? If Mollie Rose is up to it, could I ask you to give her some feel better scritchies and lovies from me?

moosmom
06-24-2008, 06:10 PM
*sigh* She seems to be doing better. I put on the air conditioning to take out the humidity. I think it's helped. Her breathing has stabilized and she's now sleeping.

kb2yjx
06-24-2008, 06:13 PM
My Spunky had terrible asthma. He was treated with a homeopathic remedy call Spongia. THat worked, but when he started to have multiple attacks, I had on hand Prednisone 5mg. I hope your girl will be OK!!! Prayers....

Craftlady
06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
I looked on Benedryl.com site and most of their adult products all have this ingrediant... diphenhydramine HCI 25 mg

Glad Mollie Rose is doing better.

kimlovescats
06-24-2008, 07:17 PM
So glad to read and see that Mollie Rose is feeling better now! Praying she stays that way too!:)

Karen
06-24-2008, 07:35 PM
The dense, humid air we've been having is difficult for human asthmatics to breathe, so I am betting the air conditioner's dehumidifying quality helped a whole lot.

Give her a kiss from me, tell her I've had asthma since I was 5, so know her struggles.

moosmom
06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Mollie Rose keeps looking for water (I got my new fountain). I wasn't sure if she knew how to use it (she keeps yowling while standing in front of it). I put food in a dish and added water figuring maybe it hurt to eat (her teeth need cleaning). She drank alot.

She's lost alot of weight and I found that someone (my hunch is Mollie Rose) peed on my pj bottoms in the bathroom. Which means another trip to the vet for another UTI.:(

I've been crying just thinking this might be it for her. She is SO thin. I'm torn right now. I don't want her to suffer anymore than she already has.:(:(

I'm going to bed. I'm pooped from crying.

Medusa
06-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh goodness, Donna. When you wake up tomorrow morning, I hope that all will be well w/Mollie Rose and you. Please update us (I know you will) and let us know how we can help. Lots of prayers going up to you both.....

Laura's Babies
06-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I get teared up just thinking about you being so worried about your baby and crying. These little sweethearts just are such a big part of our lives and no matter how many we have, they ALL just mean so much to us. Each one are so darn special for their own reasons.

Prayers for Molly Rose are sent and will continue, (((((HUGS)))))) for you!

kimlovescats
06-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh dear, come on Mollie Rose, you get feeling better for mommy and all of your PT friends!!!!:love:

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Prayers on the way!

mamaducky
06-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh, honey --

We're all praying for Mollie Rose, and for her Meowmie as well; it's SO hard to go through these times with a senior cat, and to always be checking them and trying to figure out what you ought to do.

I hope you both have a good night, and that sweet Mollie Rose is better and things in general look better in the morning. Sending PT angels to watch over you both!

Emeraldgreen
06-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Praying that your sweet Mollie Rose will begin to feel better. It is so hard to watch our pets suffer. You love them so much and want nothing more than to spend as many days as you can with them and at the very same time, your heart breaks when you see them hurting. It's emotionally exhausting and I hope that things will improve and that tomorrow brings healing for you both.

Catty1
06-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Donna - if your vet thinks that Mollie Rose can withstand the sedation for teeth cleaning, let us help!

If her teeth feel better, I am sure she will eat more and put on a little weight.

PT Prayers for Mollie Rose...dear little kitty, this could be just a really rough patch. :love: {{{{hugs}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear that Mollie Rose is feeling poorly.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

ChrisH
06-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Poor little girl. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Freedom
06-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Prayers for Molly Rose to feel better.

Hugs to you, Donna.

moosmom
06-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Last night was rough. I kept getting up and checking on her to see if she was still breathing. She's okay now.

I have 14 Clavamox pills left the vet gave me from her last bout of a UTI. I started her on it this morning. I'm also giving her Baytril. I also scrubbed my bathroom with bleach to get rid of the urine smell and I put another litterbox in there as well.

I think kitten season has taken a toll on my nerves this year. I'm sure it has with EVERYONE here in rescue. To the point of not liking people very much. I was so angry that I couldn't even talk to my daughter on the phone, I was upsetting her.

To add to it all, some scumbag broke into the Meriden Humane Society via the cat enclosure, hence setting free 74 cats near a very busy I-91 and stole a 6 week old pitbull puppy. The had volunteers setting traps and scowering the area.

Mary,

I don't like asking for help with my pets. If I can't afford to have her teeth cleaned, I have no business having her. That's what I tell everyone else so I should practice what I preach. I'll have her teeth cleaned in the next month.
Come on Abundance Check!!!! Don't fail me now!;)

kimlovescats
06-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh Donna, that is terrible that someone let all of those kitties loose! What an idiot!!!! :mad:

I'm sorry the night was long for you and Mollie Rose! I pray that the antibiotics work for her and get her all cleared up and feeling better quickly!

Medusa
06-25-2008, 11:23 AM
To add to it all, some scumbag broke into the Meriden Humane Society via the cat enclosure, hence setting free 74 cats near a very busy I-91 and stole a 6 week old pitbull puppy. The had volunteers setting traps and scowering the area.

Mary,

I don't like asking for help with my pets. If I can't afford to have her teeth cleaned, I have no business having her. That's what I tell everyone else so I should practice what I preach. I'll have her teeth cleaned in the next month.
Come on Abundance Check!!!! Don't fail me now!;)

Just when I think I've heard it all. This is so maddening, I don't even know what to say. I pray that all those cats will be safe.

As for the Law of Abundance, it's working for you. Lots of help and prayers are on the way. :)

moosmom
06-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone. The air is on, yet the Divine Miss "M" insists on laying in my bedroom window where the air is thick. Go figure.

In the meantime, MooShoo, who weighs a whopping 18 pounds now, always has his face in the food dish. Then he drinks alot of water and proceeds to puke all over the place. The idiot just doesn't know when to quit. I'm going to have to start picking up the dishes at night.

It was great talking to you Mary!;)

Randi
06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Donna, I'm sorry to hear Mollie Rose is feeling so poorly. :( I hope the medicine will help her get through this. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts.

I hope that scumbag who set the cats free is caught - what an idiot! :mad:

GILL
06-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Well the Crew are sending thier prayers that Mollie Rose feels better and we hope that the all the cats will be safe.
You can tell Mollie Rose that if she is not felling better soon I will have too send Bart up there to show her how to be layed back and get well. He always finds the coolest place.

sasvermont
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Gosh Donna. I hope Mollie gets well soon. Old age isn't always kind to you. Let us know if you could use a little help. I know you always step up to the plate when someone else is in need. And tell that hungry guy to cool it. I wonder if he has an eating disorder?

Keep us posted kiddo.

L,
SAS and her campers:love:

ramanth
06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Prayers and healing vibes for sweet Mollie Rose!! :love:

moosmom
06-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Eating disorder??? He ain't got NO trouble eating. It's stepping AWAY from the dish he has a problem with. He's so big now, he can't clean himself properly. I love it (NOT) when he climbs into bed with me after taking a rather large, stinky, loose dump. :eek: *sigh*

Catty1
06-25-2008, 08:49 PM
It's stepping AWAY from the dish he has a problem with.

THAT'S a disorder.

I agree - picking up the bowls at night is the ticket. He'll die too young if he keeps this up.

HUGS to Moo baby!:love:

moosmom
06-25-2008, 09:52 PM
All righty then, up come the dishes.