PDA

View Full Version : Does Victoria make a sports bra?

RICHARD
06-24-2008, 09:30 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/1019886,bra062308.article

I loved this article.

Especially when you get to the part about the logger finding the bra on the line.

He did the right thing! But, I have to ask this....He knew there was a woman sans underwear and wasn't the least bit curious?;)

lvpets2002
06-24-2008, 10:17 AM
:p Well at least she wasnt blond.. Who would have ever thought of using a sports bra.. Glad she is ok..

slick
06-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Excuse me....but I don't DO sports bra's!!!! :p:D;)

RICHARD
06-24-2008, 10:37 AM
When I first heard the story I thinking, "cool" then I was disappointed.

I was hoping for a story where she killed a bear that was attacking her by using it as a slingshot. Then used the clasps to skin, gut and cut the meat from the bones.

Or maybe used it to gather water or purify it by running it thru the cups.
How does hanging it from a tree branch to figure out where 'north' is sound???
Or she used the straps to make snow shoes from pine branches and elastic?

I guess the worst thing that could have happened is she falls, then gets her eye put out with a metal piece while trying to save her skin?

Karen
06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
When I first heard the story I thinking, "cool" then I was disappointed.

I was hoping for a story where she killed a bear that was attacking her by using it as a slingshot. Then used the clasps to skin, gut and cut the meat from the bones.

Or maybe used it to gather water or purify it by running it thru the cups.
How does hanging it from a tree branch to figure out where 'north' is sound???
Or she used the straps to make snow shoes from pine branches and elastic?

I guess the worst thing that could have happened is she falls, then gets her eye put out with a metal piece while trying to save her skin?

Um, Richard ... the thing about sports bras is there are usually no metal hooks, and the straps are just part of the whole, not like a normal bra with elastic straps. Sorry to disappoint!

mruffruff
06-24-2008, 12:16 PM
When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought was "Are you in the market?"

Very resourceful woman. Who knew a bra could save a life? And the guy at the bottom was probably anxious to see the woman without a bra! Think he was disappointed?;)

Pam
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought was "Are you in the market?"

Very resourceful woman. Who knew a bra could save a life? And the guy at the bottom was probably anxious to see the woman without a bra! Think he was disappointed?;)

LOL! LOL! :D:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2008, 12:49 PM
In survival classes they teach you to use whatever is necicary to attract rescuers...Im glad she was that resourceful!
If it were me though, I probibly would have used my underwear...do you think that would have made the rescue go quicker? :D

lvpets2002
06-24-2008, 12:49 PM
:p You all are cracking me up.. Chuckle Chuckle.. Lets have another Mousetinnee & get comments a coming on this story..:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/prod_344_16530.gif

Suki Wingy
06-24-2008, 04:37 PM
uh, actually they do. :o and it does have wire!
Anyway, if she had been carrying a phone she probably could have avoided all of that excitement.

Sevaede
06-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Think she would get service in the alps? :p

RICHARD
06-25-2008, 08:10 PM
I was just watching a program on prisons and one of the guards holds up a plastic bag and says, "The inmates can make a shiv out of this!"

Then they showed the finished product.....:eek:

They roll it up and melt it as they go. It looked like it could do some damage!

:confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-26-2008, 01:04 PM
In survival classes they teach you to use whatever is necicary to attract rescuers...Im glad she was that resourceful!
If it were me though, I probibly would have used my underwear...do you think that would have made the rescue go quicker? :D

If she were wearing thong undies there probably wouldn't be enough material there to catch any one's attention. Maybe that's why she used the bra. ;):D

moosmom
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
RICHARD,

Why, are ya looking for one???

Slick,

Excuse me....but I don't DO sports bra's!!!!

I don't do bras at all!!! I'm a regular Maxine.:rolleyes::p:D

RICHARD
06-27-2008, 07:49 AM
RICHARD,

Why, are ya looking for one???

AH, no!

I was trying to get VS some good press...you know, after almost putting that woman's eye out, maybe they can reform their image!;)

kuhio98
06-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Soooo typical. Flash a little bra and the men come running! :p