PDA

View Full Version : I need transport help!!! Update =(

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-24-2008, 08:43 AM
I know there are you guys out there that are always so awesome about getting a puppy to the right home. Well I have come across a lethal white chihuahau pup in Georgia and have a person on a chi forum who wants to "adopt" him. He needs to go to a home that can dedicate time to him with his special needs. The problem is she lives in New Jersey and cannot get to Georgia, airfair for her at this time is too much ($360). Is there any one or multiple of you that would be willing to lend a hand. I am not sure who all is in those states or between those states but if any one can help this guy out it would be great!

I thank all of you out there in advance....I know if it can be done you guys are the ones to do it. I wish I was on the route, I know I would def lend a hand to get him to the appropriate home he deserves.

cassiesmom
06-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't live between those two states but I did get my economic stimulus check, so if you are looking for contributions for the pup's air fare, please let me know. (What does lethal white mean?)

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Thank you very much...if I cannot get transport set up any controbutions would be great. This pup is completely white, pink skin, pink nose, blue eyes. He is deaf, I am unsure at this time if he is blind also.

I knew I could count on PTers to help me. I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

Ginger's Mom
06-24-2008, 10:16 AM
With all the chi lovers on this board your only problem may be actually getting him to his destination. He may become...um...lost along the way. ;)

Spiritwind
06-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Thank you very much...if I cannot get transport set up any controbutions would be great. This pup is completely white, pink skin, pink nose, blue eyes. He is deaf, I am unsure at this time if he is blind also.

I knew I could count on PTers to help me. I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

are there merles in Chi? I've never known that... cause lethal whites are the result of a merle to merle breeding...

I am in NC, and would help if I could.. but currently my car is not in the best of running condition, and with gas prices so high I just cannot afford to drive to far... I have to drive to Ohio in August for my brothers wedding....

Is the $360 the cost to ship the dog?? or for the owner to fly down and pick the dog up?? $360 seems awful high to ship a Chi!.. A few months back we (handlers I work for) had a sheltie shipped down from Maine to NC for $230 something.... I got a shipping estimate in May to ship a 60 lb adult collie in a 500 vari kennel from NC to NY city for just over $300.. Might want to check with other airlines.... I have heard Northwest Airlines have very reasonble fees with shipping dogs, a few show people I know use them when shipping their dogs... same with Continental Airlines, they are supposed to be very reasonable...

Pam
06-24-2008, 11:27 AM
With all the chi lovers on this board your only problem may be actually getting him to his destination. He may become...um...lost along the way. ;)

hehe! Traci, if you can get him up to NJ maybe Joyce and/or I could get him to his final destination. Do you know the town where he is headed?

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes there are merles in Chis, big controversy over that in the chi world. Yes he is a merle to merle breeding but it was accidently as a chi was taken in due to illness and hospital admission, that chi and another merle that lived there apparently got "together".

I am not sure about the shipping price whether that is for the "adopter" to fly down and get the puppy and fly back or just the puppy...I will find out though. Maybe they don't want to ship him alone due to his size? I will get more information. What airline did you use?

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-24-2008, 11:32 AM
hehe! Traci, if you can get him up to NJ maybe Joyce and/or I could get him to his final destination. Do you know the town where he is headed?

Hi Pam....I am still waiting to hear back from Mandy, the hopeful adopter. As soon as I know I will let you know. Thanks very much.

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Long Branch New Jersey. I am unfamiliar with New Jersey.

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-24-2008, 11:37 AM

LOL...I know I thought the same thing when I posted on here:D
You can never have to many chi-chi-chi-chi-chihuahuas!!

Pam
06-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Long Branch New Jersey. I am unfamiliar with New Jersey.

I just Mapquested it as I am not familiar with Long Branch. It is quite a bit north of where I am (about an hour and a half) but I would be willing to help out in some way.

Can't guarantee the cutie would make it to the destination though. hehe! :p

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I just Mapquested it as I am not familiar with Long Branch. It is quite a bit north of where I am (about an hour and a half) but I would be willing to help out in some way.

Can't guarantee the cutie would make it to the destination though. hehe! :p

Well I have some sad news....the lady had told Mandy she would hold the puppy and then turned around and adopted him out to someone else this morning! She is devistated. She even had a name all picked out. :( My heart breaks for her because I know how saddened I was at seeing this puppy and learing about his circumstances, it is amazing how we fall in love with ones we have never even met. I only pray that he went to a good home and not just that she got the adoption fee and that was all she was worried about. Maybe we could all just say a little prayer for the little fella.

I thank all of you who PMed me and those who offered on this thread you assisance. You guys are wonderful.

Ginger's Mom
06-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Oops, just saw this Traci. You can ignore my PM. I hope this little guy gets the extra special care he needs.

pitc9
06-24-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry your friend wasn't able to adopt him, I hope he was found a very special home!