PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider this an "Oops"?

catnapper
06-24-2008, 07:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/car-oops.jpg

We had a major storm last night. The roads were worse than usual because the storm knocked down all sorts of stuff from trees. Tires and gravel don't quite connect when a slimy leaf comes in between them.

The poor driver was terrified what his dad would do. Dad is a local judge who is H-A-R-D on his son. Dad is also on vacation this week and told son not to drive the family car. Oops.... do ya think dad will notice he drove it?

We've been working on the yard (the tree stumps were due to come out in a few weeks), and have been putting up a fence section by section. Good thing we didn't get to close in the shed area yet. Good thing all we did was repaint the shed last week and not replace it like hubby wanted to do. I guess this means we get a new shed now?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/shed2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/shed.jpg

Laura's Babies
06-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Poor kid! But he was told NOT to drive the car and did anyway. That will be a lesson that kid will remember for the rest of his life. Looks like you will be getting a new shed soon, maybe hubby will have some free help from that boy as a added bonus!

RICHARD
06-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Looks like you will be getting a new shed soon, maybe hubby will have some free help from that boy as a added bonus!

That may be a way to get the dad to go 'easy' on the son? Teach them both a little life lesson?

--------

I think it was last week I heard the story about a guy who crashed his car while he was drinking and driving. I think he hit the side of a store.

When the cops showed up there were no signs of alcohol.

The dude was chugging on a Slurpee, got a brain freeze and lost control of his car!

:eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
06-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Yep! that is an Oops

kuhio98
06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I guess I would call it an Oops if he had permission to drive.

Since he deliberately disrespected his father, it's an Oops with consequences. He will be paying for the new shed and the car repair, right?

We all make mistakes. But we need to learn that we have responsibilities (and that we are capable of those responsibilities) when we break the rules.

gini
06-24-2008, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't want to be there when Papa finds out what has happened.

kimlovescats
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
MAJOR OOPS!!! Glad no one was hurt! Hope he learned to listen to Dad from now on!

Medusa
06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
If Dad is unfairly H-A-R-D on his son, as you say, then probably they'll both learn from this. At least no one was injured. I wouldn't call it an "oops", more like an "oh s**t!"

Ginger's Mom
06-24-2008, 12:50 PM
We all make mistakes. But we need to learn that we have responsibilities (and that we are capable of those responsibilities) when we break the rules.

Thank you for saying this. I could hug you for saying this. This seems to be the point most people miss. I don't know how many times I have come up against the "didn't you ever make a mistake?" defense. And I always try to explain yes I did, and I paid the consequences for those mistakes. Some times just saying "I'm sorry" isn't enough.

I wouldn't call it an "oops", more like an "oh s**t!"

:D

lvpets2002
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
:o Oh yes what a Oppss.. Poor kid..

moosmom
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
OMG Kim, I thought that was YOUR car!!!!

That's a major "OH S*IT!!! if ya ask me!!!!

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Oh Sh*t is what I'd be saying.

I'd be trying to help you fix the shed and doing something about the car BEFORE dad got back lol. My dad would figure if I wasn't doing something about it before he came back I wasn't doing things quick enough!

The phrase "Take initiative" is something that was drilled into my brain from a young age lol.
Don't wait for people to tell you to do the right thing, just do it!

I hope the kid knows how to build a shed ;)

Hellow
06-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Oops is a understatement lol. More like oh Sh*t.

K9karen
06-25-2008, 11:44 PM
If Dad is unfairly H-A-R-D on his son, as you say, then probably they'll both learn from this. At least no one was injured. I wouldn't call it an "oops", more like an "oh s**t!"

:D:D:D:D