PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea in kitten

meezcrazi
06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Hello,
I have a 4 month old kitten, Fiona who the last 2 times she went for her booster shots at the vets she's had diarrhea afterwards. She's also had it after we've gone to my mom's house for the evening and when a friend has come over to my place.
Anxiety induced diarrhea?
The first time the vet thought she might have a bacterial infection because her fecal was clear so she went on antibiotics. The first vet vistit was a 2 days of diarrhea but since then it has only been a single episode each time.
I decided to try Rescue Remedy but didn't realize I couldn't buy it at Petsmart so I bought something called Calm Down. Had a friend over yesterday and she had a normal poop so hmmm does something like that really work. She seemed calmer, because despite me taking her out and meeting people she's never adjusted to it and only likes me.

Another thing I need advice on is I really want her to stay off my dresser so I've put tin foil with sticky tape on it up there but it doesn't deter her at all, in fact she's trying to eat the tin foil.

Laura's Babies
06-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Sounds like she just stresses easy and going out of her home (safety zone) stresses her. Poor baby!

catmandu
06-24-2008, 09:53 AM
kITTENS ARE SADLY VULNERABLE TO THIS, AND WE ARE PRAYING THAT THE MEDS WILL KICK IN, AND SHE WILL SOON BE WELL.:love:

aki
06-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Another thing I need advice on is I really want her to stay off my dresser so I've put tin foil with sticky tape on it up there but it doesn't deter her at all, in fact she's trying to eat the tin foil.

when we got sig, and were teaching him to stay off the kitchen table, i put those clear carpet runners with the pokies on the back, on the table with the pokies facing up. it dosen't hurt their paws, but they hate it. it worked really good. our house is old and tends to be dusty, so i would totally know if he's been up there at all. :D

pitc9
06-24-2008, 03:58 PM
clear carpet runners with the pokies on the back,

That's what I was going to suggest too!