PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!!!!!!!!misty's Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KittyCrazy
06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who sent up prayers and/or positive vibes for us to recover MIL's kitty.....they worked!

My husband went over this morning about 6 a.m. to check the live trap and he lifted the sheet and there she sat inside and gave dh a little "Mew!".

We are SO beyond happy! :D

Now.....do I take her to the vet to be checked over? We checked her good for ticks and she doesn't have any knots in her hair or any evident problems at all. Or do we just watch for any poor health symptoms?

Catty1
06-20-2008, 09:28 AM
YAAAAY! I'd say ask your vet - just give them a call.

I wonder if someone else thought she was a stray and 'adopted' her for a day or two?:)

catmandu
06-20-2008, 09:29 AM
THE PET ANGEL SEARCH AND RESCUE SQUAD::cool: HAD A TOUGH ONE BUT WHEN Y.LEE, MR SCRAPPY AND SPUNKY ANGELS GOT SOME STEAK BITS FROM THE LOCAL DENNYS, THEN THE REST WAS EASY!!:cool:
AND THEY LEFT MISTY WHERE SHE WOULD BE SAFE AND FOUND.
OUR PET ANGELS ARE ALWAYS THERE 24/7 :DFOR LOST PETS .:love::love:

Randi
06-20-2008, 09:31 AM
That's wonderful news, I'm so happy for you - and for Misty! It's cuddle time now! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
That is WONDERFUL news!!!! Give her tons of cuddles, and she will be back her usual self in no time :)

lvpets2002
06-20-2008, 10:04 AM
:love: Woo Hoo Misty's back home.. That is such Great News.. wittle baby now stay in the house & go for those kitty treats..;)

Killearn Kitties
06-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Now.....do I take her to the vet to be checked over? We checked her good for ticks and she doesn't have any knots in her hair or any evident problems at all. Or do we just watch for any poor health symptoms?
I'm afraid that I missed your original thread, but I am very glad to hear that your Misty is back. :D So far as taking her to the vet is concerned, I think I would just have a good look over her mayself and keep an eye on her to see whether any symptoms develop. My mum's cat was stuck in someone's garage for five days once, and when she got him back she took him to the vet for a check. He was fine at that time, but over the next 2-3 days he developed a high temperature and eye infection and we had to haul him back to the vet anyway.

kittycats_delight
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
OMGosh...I am so out of the loop lately! I am so glad Misty is back! I missed it all and just made it to the homecoming!

As for the vet...well I am 100% worry wart so I would have her there immediately. Can't hurt that's for sure and it will give you a better piece of mind knowing that an 'expert' has checked her over and given the green light and the a-ok on her. But that JMO!

So glad once again that she is back.

Michelle

Taz_Zoee
06-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Woo Hoo!! Welcome home Misty! Now keep your cute little booty in the house from now on. :p :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2008, 11:39 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I would also look her over and just watch her to make sure she's acting normal. If she isn't wearing a collar with an ID tag, I'd go out and buy her a safety collar and have an ID tag made at one of the pet stores right away. I hope that she'll now learn to stay inside.;)

Laura's Babies
06-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Another happy homecoming, this time the cat came home! YAAAAAAAAA!

KittyCrazy
06-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I called our vet and she said to just keep an eye on her and watch for any signs that she's not feeling well and to wait a few days and then bring in a fecal sample to test for parasites. Otherwise, she said she should be fine. :)

momtomany
06-20-2008, 02:06 PM
How wonderful that she is home. Thank you God for answered prayers.

moosmom
06-20-2008, 02:15 PM
That is wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you!

Moesha
06-20-2008, 03:53 PM
That's great news!!!

Freedom
06-20-2008, 07:44 PM
WAHOO!!!!

Prayers answered, thank you Lord! Amen!

Medusa
06-21-2008, 09:41 AM
What great news! PT POWER RULES! And I like your vet. S/he isn't an alarmist. Just keep an eye on her and all will be well. Now everyone can rest easy. Whew!

Felicia's Mom
06-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Wonderful news!!! I am glad Misty is home!!:D

momcat
06-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Welcome home, Misty! :D This is such wonderful news! You did the right thing calling your vet just to make sure of what to do. It can be scary not knowing where she has been or what she might have eaten and encountered. Do you have any idea of where she might have been?

KittyCrazy
06-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Do you have any idea of where she might have been?

I have no idea but I don't think she ever went very far. MIL kept putting out more cat food and every morning it was gone. For all we know, she was even sleeping in the garage at night for safety! Goofy cat!