PDA

View Full Version : Have you EVER seen anything like this???

moosmom
06-20-2008, 08:55 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3593.jpg?t=1213969859

This is Ari, now "Hairie". I feel so bad for him cuz he's, well, DIFFERENT. Some people would consider him a freak. I love him sooooo much. He's a great cat that has gone through alot. One of 50 cats found in a house in New Haven, CT.

I have since found out that Hairie is a Sphynx/Cornish Rex mix. THAT'S why his hair keeps coming back.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-20-2008, 09:11 AM
He's not a freak - he is unique. Looks pretty adorable to me

smokey the elder
06-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Poor Ari. That has to be about the ugliest cat I've ever seen! Do you remember a beer commercial with a dog named Larry? Well, Ari is the Larry of cats. I bet he's a sweetie, though. I'm so glad you adopted him.

catmandu
06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
IT LOOKS AS THOUGH HIS FUR IS SLOWLY STARTING TO GET DARKER ON THE SIDE, I WONDER IF THAT HAPPENS A LOT WITH DEVON REX AND SPHYNX CATS.
AND I WONDER:confused: HOW MUCH MORE OF THAT HANDSOME CAT WILL CHANGE COLOR:confused:
WHAT A FANTASTIC BEAUTIFUL :cool: CREATURE OF GOD!!!:love:

Catty1
06-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Donna - he is lovely and unique.

I apologize for saying this - but his eye looks really awful, way worse than the last time I saw a pic of him. Maybe the flash hit it wrong?

Hugs to Ari.:love:

Laura's Babies
06-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Ari is adoreable and unique. He is a rare find and you were lucky enough to have him land in your house to live with you forever. I would kiss him and that adoreable face all day long.

momcat
06-21-2008, 05:25 PM
I would personally take on ANYONE who says Ari is a freak! I think he's nothing short of adorable and looks so darn sweet. Donna, it's easy to see why you love him so much and I hope Ari will be a regular PT visitor.

Hi Ari! Would you ask your Meowmie to give you lots and lots of lovies from me?

moosmom
06-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Smokey,

I LMAO when I read your "He is the ugliest cat I've ever seen!" He's unique.

Catty1,

His eye is the same as it's been. I put Timoptic in it 2x a day to keep it moist.

I love him so much. He's a very gentle cat who loves to sleep in a paper bag.

jazzcat
06-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Yep, unique is the best way to describe him.

Maybe his hair patch will grow long and he can try a comb over. HEHEHE!

RICHARD
06-23-2008, 05:39 AM
LOve him...

How's about slipping him some rogaine?:confused:

Medusa
06-23-2008, 06:55 AM
No two people are the same and, thankfully, that's true in the cat world. It would be boring to find sameness. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I behold Ari's beauty and I'm sure he has a beautiful personality as well. That makes him pretty darned easy to love, yes? :love::)

catnapper
06-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Oh Donna, I'm rolling here!!! What a silly looking little boy. Tell him he's :love:handsome:love: for me! :)

moosmom
06-23-2008, 10:30 AM
The weird thing is the fur will grow in patches all over his body, then it falls out. I wish I had the money to get his eye fixed and make him all better, but I was told that the eye ulcer is like having a constant piece of sand in your eye. The surgery is expensive and no guarantee it'll work. I keep putting in the eye goo and it helps keep it moist.