PDA

View Full Version : Athena is Going to be Spending the Afternoon at the Vets Today*UPDATE*

Anikaca77
06-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Well last night I was going around trimming everyone's nails back and I got to Athena (which just 2 weeks ago I had her poop analyzed because it was loose and I was concerned thinking maybe she had something. Well the test turned out negative and so we decided to give her a little bit of Hills Science Diet ID Formula to see if that would help well it hasn't.

So getting back to trimming nails, I pick up Athena and noticed a good size probably a quarter size to half quarter wide bump on her tummy where the incision was.

So I called the my regular vets (not the vets that fixed her because I know all she will say is just wait and see or she'll say that's normal) and they said I should contact the vet that did the surgery incase she needs to have another, they should refix it for free. Well I told them that I just don't feel like they will do anything about it so they said I could drop her off during my lunch today and then my mom is going to go back before 5 pm since I will still be at work and get her and bring her to me at work or I'll just stop by her house and get Athena.

I feel bad that she has to spend this afternoon in a cage but it's only for a few hours and plus the vet is book solid so I couldn't get an appointment time this way she can see Athena and check her house.

I'm worried that it might be something bad because her belly is very firm which is odd and now this lump.

Please say a pray for my sweet Athena we've only had for 4 months now since I rescued her off the streets of Bellefonte.

Melissa

Here is the previous link about Athena getting fixed back on April 8th.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=141013

smokey the elder
06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
It may be a hernia. Hopefully it'll get sorted out quickly. My foster Almond's spay incision got infected and she had to go on Clavamox for a week.

catmandu
06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
WE ARE PRAYING FOR ATHENA, THAT ITS NOT SERIOUS, AND THAT YOUR DEAR GIRL :love:WILL NOT NEED AN OPERATION.
IF ITS THIER FAULT , THEY SHOULD DO THIS NO CHARGE, I KNOW THAT THATS WHAT OUR VET :love: WOULD DO!
GOOD LUCK WITH YOU FUR FRIEND.

Laura's Babies
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Sounds like he didn't do the inside stitching as good as he should have, it should be a easy fix for her though. Let us know what he says...

Anikaca77
06-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Well I was able to get Athena in to see the vet as soon as I arrived at the vets and the vet (remember this is not the vet that did the surgery) said that she has a Hernia.

So I have her scheduled at the end of July to have surgery on it.

I just have to keep an eye on her belly and make sure nothing starts to come out or anything. She said that she can feel a small hole not very big.

She said that it happens sometimes when a cat is active after surgery and so she said she'll need to recut Athena open cleaned out all the scar tissue and sew her back up again.

The price of this is going to be $150 and todays visit was $44. plus she needed meds for her poop because it hasn't been very solid lately.

Well more things are going to be listed up on my ebay for this surgery cost and vet bill that just occurred today. Anyone interested in cat books?

Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Athena.:( I hope that her surgery will go well and that her diarrhea issues can be resolved too. She may be allergic to grains or have IBD. This is what my Starr has so he's been on a grain free diet as well as some herbal supplements and he's doing so much better now. Good luck.:)

momcat
06-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Poor little sweetheart! Many prayers are being prayed for Athena. Could I ask you to give her some snuggles and lovies from me?

Anikaca77
06-23-2008, 07:54 AM
I will give her some gentle snuggles!

:)

Poor little sweetheart! Many prayers are being prayed for Athena. Could I ask you to give her some snuggles and lovies from me?

pitc9
06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Oh the poor sweet thing!

Anikaca77
06-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Well it's official Athena hates the meds. We have to wrap her in a towel to prevent her from moving so much so she doesn't tear her hernia more.

Poor girl just hates the stuff, it does smell bad.

orangemm
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Poor sweet girl...but is there any medicine that cats actually LIKE? Maybe they should start flavoring it in tasty "cat-preferred" flavors (like they do for kids' medicine). Might make the whole process a lot easier.

Give her some gentle scritches and lovies from me and the boys. Good luck with the nasty stuff................:p

Medusa
06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh goodness, kitties get the darnedest things! I'm sorry about Athena's hernia. That's probably the only thing my cats haven't had. We'll say prayers that she'll take her meds like a good girl and that all will be well very soon. :)