PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions...

moosmom
06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I've been out of work for 3 days because of my vertigo. I was told by my manager that I needed to get a doctor's note AND a Request for Short Term Disability form completed and signed by the doctor, before I'd be allowed back to work. I've been calling all week and the doctor's office is blowing me off. I called work and my manager then tells me to forget the Request Form and come into work anyway. I did get the doctor's note saying I can return to work on the 16th but the form is still missing.

Maybe I'm being a little fussy here, but I got majorly $crewed when I didn't get something in writing at the funeral home in MI. I don't want to take the chance again. I called them back and told them if CORPORATE, who needs this form so badly, will waive the form until it's signed and in their possession and allow me to return to work, I'll be glad to come in. I was covering my own butt. Until then, I'm not moving.

Any comments??

smokey the elder
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
You should send a registered letter to the MD with a return receipt, IMO.

moosmom
06-20-2008, 08:56 AM
It's kinda late for that since I'm due at work TODAY at 4:30. I'm supposed to hear from my manager sometime around noon.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
I reckon you are doing the right thing by staying put - if work want you back so much maybe they could get the form for you

moosmom
06-20-2008, 09:23 AM
My manager was INSISTENT on getting that form before I could return to work. Then she's telling me "never mind just come in" I don't think so. *shrugs shoulders*

Cinder & Smoke
06-20-2008, 09:37 AM
I've been out of work for 3 days because of my vertigo.
I was told by my manager that I needed to get a doctor's note AND a
Request for Short Term Disability form ... before I'd be allowed back to work.

I called work and my manager then tells me to forget the Request Form and come into work anyway.
I did get the doctor's note saying I can return to work on the 16th,
but the Disability form is still missing.

:confused:

If your Manager WANTS you to come back;
and the Doctor has cleared you to work ...
I sure wouldn't be worried about a form covering the past missed work -
I'd be back at work in a flash!

You run the risk of upsetting your immediate BOSS if you don't report as he's asking
you to do ... the monkey will be on HIS back for not following "Corporate Procedures".

shepgirl
06-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I was kind of thinking like Cinder. Wouldn't want to be upsetting the one putting the bread on the table.
I was wondering why you couldn't have just driven to the doc's office and talked to him directly? Maybe the staff isn't too competent...

moosmom
06-20-2008, 02:21 PM
They finally got their form from the doctor's office. I cannot stand going to this doctor, but when you're on Title 19, you choices are limited. I dropped the form off immediately after receiving it from my boss. They said he would be in that day after 2:30 and would fill it out and fax it to the store. They LOST the form!!:mad::mad: They didn't bother to tell me until I called them today and the doctor gets on the phone. BB&B had to fax them another form for him to complete and fax back. Keep in mind it's not 3:20 pm and I was supposed to work tonight 4:30 to 10:30 pm. My manager told me "you're killing me here!" I'm killing HER?? I made a simple request to cover my tushie and she's getting PO'd at me. uh-uh.

I have just been okayed. I'm going in.

Bye!!

GILL
06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Hang in there. Some times we need forms to cover our buts too. I've had people out for 2-3 weeks and they just walk in the door thinking nothing has changed , but work still has too be done. So I need a slip form the doctor saying that they can work. For 2-3 days I can usualy cover my people, I've had colds that lasted longer. I don't know your companies policies, but I try to be fair and flexable.

moosmom
06-21-2008, 09:53 AM
It was great to get back to work!! I really do like my job. But like I said, I have to cover my butt. I'm working tonight (someone called out) 5-10 and again tomorrow 12-5. It's busy because one of our managers is getting married today and all the suits are invited, which means I'll get to work with my all-time FAVORITE manager, Kurt!!

carole
06-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Glad everything is sorted now Donna, i have no idea how your system works, as different from our's but am happy all is well, enjoy your work.,and hope you don't get the vertigo back again in a hurry, just asking are you on medication for it, my mother has very severe vertigo and is now on medication, and she hardly gets it now, just a touch, she was normally almost an invalid before when she got it, worth checking out.:love:

moosmom
06-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Carole,

I'm on Antivert for it. I haven't had vertigo since I began taking it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.