PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get torn...

Husky_mom
06-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Havenīt said anything about it as I didnīt think of it too serious... but now everyday I see it become more real... not yet 100% but more...

hubby might have a promotion (other job offer).... which is great he always wants to be better in what he does....I think by now youīll all be guessing what the deal is if you havenīt figured it already....

I have two mayor concerns... as it might involve moving to other state... :( well actually three or four.... but two are the most torturing ones....

if we do move I might not see you for a while till I get a comp and internet :(...I would have to quit my job and stay home..nothing wrong about it but I liked having my own money....it would be a new place where I would knew no one, I would have no clue on how to move around and itīs a much more crowded state/city... I think I can manage this with a lil effort.. but....

1.- I would have to find a new school for my kid... that is driving me nuts as by this time kids are supposedly already preapplied for a school spot...also he went for first year of preeschool (here we have three) to one school that closed so I had to put him in a second (where heīs at) adn now for third I might have to change him again?...:( I think changing schools is such a unbalancing thing because you need adjustment times and so on, maybe he can cope easily as heīs small still, four yr, but 3 schools in 3 yrs??... and what about if we move back in a year or two or three??)

and

2.- MY PETS!!!!!.... Iīm breaking my head already and Iīm not even sure if we are going to move...
the birds: the birds I canīt take them on plane as I have no clue why tehy donīt allow them... so they would have to stay, but no one wants pets that are not theirs and as I am the only pet freak I might have to rehome them....Iīm such torn about this but I really have no choice if need be....:(.. I might consider the breeder I got one of them from, he seemed a nice guy and took care of them...will have to think about it....

the dogs:...MY DOGS!!... first of all, dogs I could take no matter how much they charge me to fly them (I know I can fly them as Iīve flied one before when I was much little and moved to another state and back 2.5yrs later).. the thing is I really donīt know where we are going to live, if we can keep our dogs there at all, if the place is going to be ours or rented....and to top it off my girls need to be separated so thatīs another challenge....if need be I guess I could leave them at my parents as they were there since they were born... wouldīve just need to talk to them to not give them away or anything as I will no longer be there....(I canīt talk them into the birds becasue when I quarantined them at their house they totally rushed me to get them out:( )...
what am I gonna do??........I seriously donīt know........*LES*

Laura's Babies
06-19-2008, 10:50 PM
We never know what life will throw at us and this one is a biggie! Good luck on whatever you do and I hope you get to keep all your pets with you..

Once you know where you may be going, you may want to check out this forum. It has forums for all states listed where you can go ask questions about the town and areas best to live in/avoid, schools ect..
http://www.city-data.com/forum/#general-forums

jng2985
06-19-2008, 10:51 PM
1st. why must the dogs be separated?
2nd. If you do take the dogs, "if moving to apt" unless you find an apt. complex that has no breed and no weight restrictions, it is very hard to find ones that except owners that own huskies. Most homes to be rented dont care.

schools are not to hard to find...

sorry to hear about the birds..

good luck, really hope every thing works out!

Husky_mom
06-19-2008, 11:07 PM
bad thing about this is I live in Chihuahua, MEXICO... so things are a bit different than over there..... thanks for the link anyway... but it will be a state still in Mexico...

to respond your questions...
1.- they need to be separated because otherwise is bloodshed... they can stand each other IF there is a divider in between... both being girls and Ninja being dominant and China such a hyper puppy.. she just annoyes her and the fight is on...

2.-we donīt have breed/weight restrictions so far... but if we rent, apt have no yards at all... they are basically just a bedroom kitchen and bathroom... if we find a bigger one or a house with a yard I might consider it, making sure the owner allows it...(some people just donīt do pets, besides different pet culture :()

and schools here are a bit hard...too burocratic... if you didnīt preapplied you donīt get a spot or you have to pay big $$ for a school that takes you in...

Karen
06-19-2008, 11:22 PM
You will be in our prayers that everything will work out. I wouldn't worry too much about your little one changing schools again - kids adapt far more readily to change than adults.

Medusa
06-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Sorry that I can't be more helpful w/suggestions. Please know that prayers are going up for you and that all things will work out in the end. :)

moosmom
06-20-2008, 09:06 AM
That's a tough one. Kids DO adapt. You have to do what is in the best interest of the kids and yourself.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie.

Medusa
06-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Kids do adapt, SOMETIMES, because they have no other choice. Speaking as someone who was moved around so many times as a child that I lost count, I can tell you that it wasn't easy being the new kid all the time. Just as I made friends, it was time to move. I was either way behind or way ahead in class and that made it difficult, too. As a result, I never did learn how to put down roots.

You have a lot of things to consider, that's for sure, but your family must come first. You'll do what's best for everyone, pets included. :)

Husky_mom
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts....I really do hope things turn out for best....thereīs still nothing written in stone but better be prepared.... thank you :)

Freedom
06-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh Isabel, what a time, not knowing but worrying, thinking about all the "what ifs!"

Here, if a company transfers you, they must assist you in finding a suitable place to live. I don't know if that would work with your husband's company.

Praying that you find a way to make everything work.

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Here, if a company transfers you, they must assist you in finding a suitable place to live. I don't know if that would work with your husband's company.

Companies in the US have no obligation to assist in finding a suitable place to live. Many may choose to do so, none must.

I am living in SoCal because my husband was offered an "opportunity of a lifetime" with his employer of +30 years.

Everything is negotiable. My husband's employer very much wanted him to relocated so they provided many things and...

My husband is a very good negotiator so we moved without much hardship (financial that is!)

Eddie and Edwina were a big consideration. They have adjusted quite well.

It is frightening and it is challenging and it is exciting.

But it is not easy.

Feel free to ask me if you think I can provide any ideas/guidance/comfort!

kimlovescats
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM
What tough decisions for you! Wish I could offer more, but you have my prayers and major (((((HUGS)))))!

Kim

Cataholic
06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I must echo the statement that SOME kids adjust. Having a toddler myself, I could not imagine putting him in another preschool next year, having already put him in two new ones. In fact, I had attempted to get into a new preschool for the up and coming year, and am on a waiting list. This, alone, caused me great trepidation. The only saving factor was that THIS new school would be his school for the next 7 years. Kids are not little adults. They are kids, in a totally different developmental spot than us.

As for my pets? Would be a major, major issue for me.

Isobel- good luck. Prayers going out to you that things work out.