PDA

View Full Version : What an amazing experience ~ 2 pics

Kfamr
06-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Coming into the world at 4 pounds 9 ounces, 17 inches, and as cute as could be -- meet my goddaughter, Mia Marie! :love:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/2008/babymia2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/2008/babymia3.jpg

This may be TMI for some, so continue at your own risk...
Yesterday was an amazing experience. I got to witness my best friend giving birth to her little girl. It had to be the most disgusting, bloody, gushy event I've witnessed, but absolutely freaking amazing. I'm so glad and touched I got to share that experience with my dear friend. Since day one she told me she wanted me there for her and that I was.

She called me while I was at work at 11:10ish. She told me she was at the hospital and Mia was coming! I started panicking and getting incredibly nervous. She was 6 cm dialated at that point.

I was pissed at myself for forgetting to return my purse camera to my purse after charging it the previous night. I couldn't leave right away because I was waiting for someone to return from break. So, it wasn't until 11:40ish that I arrived at the hospital. Thankfully, it took her a lot longer to go into actual labor.

Around 4:40ish her doctor arrived and broke her water. During this she went from 6cm to 8cm. The doctor said he'd be back in 15 minutes or so and she'd hopefully be ready. No later than 5 minutes, she was ready to go and fully dialated. It was too late for her to receive an epidural, so she had a natural birth but it was quick and easy. It was only around 40-60 minutes before Mia was out.

Mom and Mia are both healthy and doing great. Mia had low blood sugar count, so they're keeping her until later tonight or tomorrow. For such a tiny baby, she is in absolute health. She's doing wonderfully and is just the sweetest little baby. She is so precious and absolutely perfect.

This is all coming from someone who doesn't like kids all that much, but I will admit, this baby had me wrapped around her little hand before I even met her. I've already bought her so much stuff and I can see myself getting a lot more.

Anyhow, thank you for allowing me to share my experience with you. It's certainly one I will not forget.

caseysmom
06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
How special Kay, you will never forget that experience and Mia will be part of you forever and you her. Sounds like your friend had a pretty easy time. Mia is pretty tiny will she get to go home right away?

Husky_mom
06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Congrats Godmother!!....

I´m not a kid person but somehow babies have weird effects sometimes... how great you were all the way with your friend...

Congrats to the new momy and to Mia...WELCOME!!

I have one lil suggestion... I KNOW you´ll be doing pics for her ;)... I did this one for a friend of mine.... and they loved it... it´s not super wow as I was just playing in Photoshop but it turned out neat...

Laura's Babies
06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
OH MY GOSH! What a CUTIE she is!!:eek:

Daisy and Delilah
06-19-2008, 08:30 PM
What an amazing story, Kay. You're a very good friend to be there for Mom. Mia is adorable. A delicate little flower. Welcome to the world Mia!!!:) You're beautiful!!

Karen
06-19-2008, 08:37 PM
She's just a wee peanut - 4 pounds, 9 ounces! She's adorable, "Auntie Kay"!

ramanth
06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
So cute!!! Thanks for sharing. :love:

cyber-sibes
06-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Awww, she is beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations Mama, Mia & Auntie Kay!
That secind pic is so good - she has such a perfect little face.:D
(My first son was 4 lbs. 11 oz, he was cute too. They're really petite at that weight)

That is so cool that you were there for your friend...and to see this beautiful little soul into the world!

Catty1
06-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Mia is stunning! Perfect skin and teensy rosebud lips! I can see why you were smitten! :D

Not many newborns look so great. Hope her blood sugar perks up and she and Mom can go home soon!

AdoreMyDogs
06-20-2008, 01:23 AM
What a beautiful little baby. I tell ya, I was never much of a baby person either, until Quinn was laid onto my chest the instant she came out of me. I knew I'd love her, but I had no idea the magnitude. I've turned into a baby person since having a baby.

What a perfect little baby Mia is. Welcome to the world, Mia, and a big congrats to the proud parents.

Lilith Cherry
06-20-2008, 01:47 AM
What a perfect little rosebud Mia is!

Husky mom, I love your photo idea too - it's wonderful1

Pawsitive Thinking
06-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Sooooooo tiny - what a beautiful little girl

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-20-2008, 10:05 AM
AWWWWKayn lucky you!! Little Mia is so precious:love:
What an unforgetable experience for you! One of my wishes is to be there with someone while that person isgiving birth. I have 2 kids, yes, but both are adopted; so I have no idea how it all happens :confused:. Maybe my daughter will want me with her later?? I hope so!
Congrats to you, Mia, and her proud parents!

lvpets2002
06-20-2008, 10:16 AM
:love: Oh my my She is so so Precious.. Her face is of so perfection & beauty.. Many Many Congrates Miss GodMother.. I would be proud also..

Donnaj4962
06-20-2008, 10:36 AM
OMG.... she is absolutely adorable! So sweet, as all babies are precious gifts from God! I am sure she will be very spoiled by a certain Godmommy! :love:

sasvermont
06-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh my gosh. Not a mark on her. She looks like an angel. Congrats to all. Thanks for sharing the photos and your experience.

pitc9
06-20-2008, 06:46 PM
OMG, she's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Congrats Godmother Kay!

shepgirl
06-20-2008, 07:59 PM
omg, she's so perfect for such a teeny baby. Are they releasing her right away with low weight like that? Although to look at her you would think she does look ready to go home, such a pearl of a baby and just so perfect.
Congrats to both you and your friend.

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Congrats Godmother Kay!!!:D

She's so precious and thanks for sharing her pictures and this unforgettable experience with us.:) I can already tell that she's going to be spoiled rotten.;)

4 Dog Mother
06-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow, Kay, what an experience for you! Congratulations on being there for your friend! It is an amazing experience however being the one delivering I never noticed the blood and rest because all I had eyes for was that baby!!!!

Your new god daughter is beautiful and her complexion is so nice and smooth. She is lucky to have you a part of her life!

Jods
06-21-2008, 07:31 PM
congrats all around! What a cutie!:love:

*LabLoverKEB*
06-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Kay your GodDaughter is absolutly beautiful! Welcome to the world, little Mia!

gini
06-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Kay, you are not going to believe how fast time will fly and you will soon have Mia on your lap and telling her all about the very first time you saw her and fell in love with her.

Enjoy every possible minute that you have with her - and yes, go ahead, spoil her rotten - leave the tough jobs up to her parents:D

Thank you for sharing her pictures - she is just wonderful.:love:

K9karen
06-22-2008, 10:48 PM
My bet is that Mia is going to be one spoiled little girl!
I'll tell ya Kay, I walked out of the room when my BFF changed her kids. I freaked when they cried. But since becoming a "step granny", I've become a whiz at diapers and baths and everything! Those little itty bitties are hard to resist, especially when their "yours".

I saw another friend giving birth at home with a midwife. Pretty amazing experience you'll never forget.

Mia is a beautiful jewel! Enjoy your new status as fairy Godmother! Mia's going to have Fairy GodMuttlies too! ;)

chocolatepuppy
06-23-2008, 05:07 AM
Mia is beautiful! Congrats to you Kay and of course to her mom! :)

MoonandBean
06-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Yup........she's a beauty! You and your friend must have a very special bond and OF COURSE it will flow over into your relationship with Mia! Congrats!!!!!!

Muddy4paws
06-23-2008, 06:56 PM
aww Kay shes gorgeous!!

I want a baby!! :D:D:D

Must of been an amazing experience seeing her being born

boomersooner
06-23-2008, 08:31 PM
She is absolutely beautiful! Give her a sweet kiss from all of us here on Pet Talk!

Cataholic
06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
How tiny and beautiful! Can you imagine that Jonah was double her birthweight?

I can't wait to see her pictures as she grows. I hope her blood sugar stabilizes soon.

Congrats!

Kfamr
07-02-2008, 08:12 PM
**UPDATE**

Mia is doing WONDERFULLY. She's gaining weight and everyone is just smitten with her. She is perfect. :love:

Here are a few photos... I think she was pooping. ;)
http://a253.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/92/l_016efd8b0c328adda7d66291df590cec.jpg

In my arms...
http://a376.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/18/l_f27197a41817a42ee8f84d99026a7997.jpg

sabies
07-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Kay congratulations she is adorable. I love her bib. Glad the natural childbirth without epidural went quickly!