PDA

View Full Version : A few new pictures of the collie pups!

Spiritwind
06-19-2008, 06:19 PM
I took a few pictures of the collie pups, so just wanted to share. Pictured at 10 days old.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2nhnu3b.jpg
Mama Kelsey with the smooth tri girl and one of the blue boys. Thought this was real cute...

http://i27.tinypic.com/14bosg2.jpg
Smooth tri girl... Kelsey was sleeping on her back and the smoothie girl climbed up next to her so she could nurse....

http://i32.tinypic.com/15gugqs.jpg
Rough tri boy and one of the blue boys...

http://i30.tinypic.com/fdd8nr.jpg
Same blue boy as above now sound alseep on his back...lol

Husky_mom
06-19-2008, 06:29 PM
AWWWWW!!!!... that first pics is MAYOR cuteness!!!... I just wanna pick that baby up and smooch her....

(I was just thinking of asking for more pics...LOL)

love how they sleep on their backs also... too cute!!

that blue boy has an interesting pattern... in the last pic you can see a black like that goes across his eyelids... like in vertical.... it looks so pirateish...

Spiritwind
06-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks Husky Mom,

Actually I never even noticed the marking on the blue boys eye, well never paid attention to it until you said something... thats kinda neat... I love the crazy markings you can get on some of these blues!!.. lol maybe have to give that boy a call name having something to do with pirates LOL

I think its so cute when they sleep on their backs!! They all do that, all the time.... you can tell ears are slowly starting to open... eyes should be starting to open within the next week!!!

Husky_mom
06-19-2008, 09:35 PM
is there a chance some showed blue eyes?... I know merles have a chance but how much of it do they really have??...

can´t wait to see them see their first glimpse of this world... they are soo cute

boomersooner
06-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I am just speechless (and that is pretty hard for me to be!) at how doggone cute they are! They have changed so much in just the few days they have been around. Keep the pictures coming and coming!!!!!

Spiritwind
06-19-2008, 10:57 PM
is there a chance some showed blue eyes?... I know merles have a chance but how much of it do they really have??...

can´t wait to see them see their first glimpse of this world... they are soo cute

Its possible they could have blue eyes, or blue flecked eyes... will just have to wait and see. Their grandmother has one brown eye and one half brown half blue eye... I had another bitch I bred who had 1 blue eye and brown eye... and I also had a sable merle male pup once with 1 blue eye..

http://i28.tinypic.com/6zogty.jpg

This is Dodger, he is actually Kelsey's litter brother.... a rough sable merle. While blue eyes are fine for blue merles.. a sable merle with a blue eye would have a little more difficult time in the show ring, so he is in a loving pet home, even though he was absolutely beautiful!

Husky_mom
06-19-2008, 11:11 PM
thank you for your reply!!..

actually looking up for it I found the other pics I posted about.. LOL

so having blue eyes in the lineage might mean a slighter more chance of getting blue?? in Huskies is sooo different so I asked :p ....

I can´t wait to find out if one of the cutie blues has blue eye/s....

that sable bieyed is sooooo cute!! too bad they are not well seen in the showring....

Pawsitive Thinking
06-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Cute, cute, cute! :love:

RobiLee
06-20-2008, 07:20 AM
The pups are absolutely adorable! I've been follwoing along and enjoying each and every picture. You have no idea how badly I wish I could snatch one up for myself.

Spiritwind
06-20-2008, 07:42 AM
thank you for your reply!!..

actually looking up for it I found the other pics I posted about.. LOL

so having blue eyes in the lineage might mean a slighter more chance of getting blue?? in Huskies is sooo different so I asked :p ....

I can´t wait to find out if one of the cutie blues has blue eye/s....

that sable bieyed is sooooo cute!! too bad they are not well seen in the showring....

Yep... its possible the blues could have 1 or both blue eyes. Now I personally am hoping for nice dark brown eyes.... lol but if they have blue eyes thats fine too LOL

How are the blue eyes passed down in Huskies??

Spiritwind
06-20-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks Robin.. don't worry! You'll get to see lots and lots of pictures as they grow!! and start being messy and loud... and even cuter than they are now.... smooth babies are the cutest pups ever...

Husky_mom
06-20-2008, 11:35 AM
well... in my case... I´ve seen blue eyes to be dominant (at least in my 20 yrs with them :p)... from a bieyed mom and brown eyed dad... I got 80% blue eyed 15% bieyed and 5% brown eyed...(even dark is considered dominant)

out of bieyed mom (from brown eyed parents) and blue eyed dad (from bieyed and brown eyed parents) I got 90% blues 8%bieyed and 2% browns

also just as example... in a litter of 6 three were blues, 2 bieyed, and one brown eyed...

I´ve never seen brown or bieyed predominate among the outcome....ok.. I´ve seen it but in other lines...and have noticed some even advertise blue eyes as rare and I´m like ¿rare?... to me they are not!!....

but it could well be because blue is almost always there.... and in Collies is mostly only in merles...

cassiesmom
06-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Awwwww, hello, Kelsey and the babies! And Dodger, how nice to meet you! Spiritwind, could you give them all a pet for me, please.

Spiritwind
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
well... in my case... I´ve seen blue eyes to be dominant (at least in my 20 yrs with them :p)... from a bieyed mom and brown eyed dad... I got 80% blue eyed 15% bieyed and 5% brown eyed...(even dark is considered dominant)

out of bieyed mom (from brown eyed parents) and blue eyed dad (from bieyed and brown eyed parents) I got 90% blues 8%bieyed and 2% browns

also just as example... in a litter of 6 three were blues, 2 bieyed, and one brown eyed...

I´ve never seen brown or bieyed predominate among the outcome....ok.. I´ve seen it but in other lines...and have noticed some even advertise blue eyes as rare and I´m like ¿rare?... to me they are not!!....

but it could well be because blue is almost always there.... and in Collies is mostly only in merles...

Thats very interesting! I never knew that about Huskies!.. Yes.. with Collies, the blue eyes are the result of the merle gene... if the merling doesn't affect the eyes, the eyes will be brown... or if it only affects part of the eye, you will get eyes that are brown with blue fleckings. a lot of times in the blues when the puppies go in for eye checks (usually between 5-8 wks of age) the optho will tell you if they see merling in the eyes... in the case of a puppy who just has small flecks that are hard to see from just an normal person looking at the eyes...

In Collies, only merles will have the blue eyes... tri-colors and regular sables will never have blue eyes. Dodger is a Sable Merle so thats why he has a blue eye. When he was a tiny baby he was marked up like a red merle aussie (only sable)... I'll have to look thru pics and see if I can find any of him at that age... but as he grew the merling over his body faded.

gardengirl
06-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi Spiritwind! Your collie litter is just beautiful. Wish you were in Southern California so I could come see them. I visited your lovely website and your dogs are beautiful, especially Kelsey who is absolutely stunning! The puppy's pedigree is very nice, also. Are you a CCA member? By the way, I thought I'd let you know that your 'About Us' page isn't working. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Daisy and Delilah
06-21-2008, 10:50 PM
They are so adorable!!!! Smoochies to them from me please!!:)

Suki Wingy
06-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Ooh, sable merle is stunning. I'm partial to odd-eyed dogs, the Dalmatian bitch I had for 5 months had one blue and one brown.

AdoreMyDogs
06-22-2008, 09:23 AM
They are just too adorable! Kelsey's brother was sure an amazingly gorgeous little boy! I sure wish I could give those little darlings some smoochies :love:

4 Dog Mother
06-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Aww, what cute little pups! It must be fun to watch them those first few weeks. Lots of work too, I imagine. Anytime you want to give one away, I will take any color with any eye color too. I am not fussy. I dont' think I would like to keep ahead of the long haired ones so maybe a smooth one would be best.

jng2985
06-23-2008, 11:46 AM
very cute pups