PDA

View Full Version : Nfl 2008!

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
I hear the sounds of pads and two a day workouts......

And the first Jokeland Raiders story of the season is out.

The Raiders picked up a receiver from the Denver Broncos who went to Vegas, acted stupid by going to clubs and buying expensive booze, spraying the people around him and partying way too hard.

They found him over the weekend, knocked out in the street. The police report said that he lost 3k in cash and 100k in jewelry!

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=75519

You would figure this AH would have learned a lesson a few years back.

Apparently not. Knowing this is the second time that spraying a night club crowd with booze has led to violence, you'd figure someone would have figured it out. Darrent Williams died over the same stupid behavior....

Too friggin bad.....

-----------

Enough of my team......Time for predictions, team pride and seeing how many Cinncinati Bengals stay out of jail this year!:eek:

smokey the elder
06-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Javon Walker used to play for the Packers, but was traded because he was usually injured, bellyaching or both.

Cincy'sMom
06-19-2008, 03:34 PM
seeing how many Cinncinati Bengals stay out of jail this year!:eek:

Hey that got rid of Chris Henry...that should help. A little....maybe:(

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Javon Walker used to play for the Packers, but was traded because he was usually injured

Mugged or shot at....sheesh, the world at his feet.....:rolleyes:

RICHARD
07-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Will Brett Favre come back to play again this year?

When I heard about his retirement this past February I wondered....I really wish he would make up his mind!;)

Oggyflute
07-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Having been a regular visitor to Washington, I'm naturally a skins fan. Are they up for it this year?

RICHARD
07-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Oggy,

I haven't seen the predictions for this season yet. The training camp and preseason games start in a few weeks-it's more a sorting out period-the youngsters try to make the team and the oldsters tune up!

As soon as I see something I'll let you know!

AHA!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mosley_matt&id=3460555

Jim Zorn was the the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks when they first came into the league back in the mid 70s, He'll do good job with the QBs!

RICHARD
07-08-2008, 12:47 AM
A neat story about Tony Gonzalez, tight end for the Chiefs!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8322190?MSNHPHMA

I have admired him for years!

-----------

The Rooney's are trying to sell the Steelers?:confused:

Cincy'sMom
07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Having been a regular visitor to Washington, I'm naturally a skins fan. Are they up for it this year?

I'm not a Skins fan, but I am a Joe Gibbs fan. With him retired (again!) it could be a little rough. First years don't always bode well for new coaches.

smokey the elder
07-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I bleed green and gold, but Brett's waffling is getting really old, really fast. I'm sick of him pulling this stuff. By his inability to make a decision and stick to it, he's potentially harming the Packers' future.

RICHARD
07-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Looks like BF is ready to come back!

RICHARD
07-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Well now it looks like BF will be pulling a back-up QB's pay check...it's his own fault for being late.:eek:

mugsy
07-13-2008, 09:30 AM
I haven't even been paying attention!! How bad is that?

My 'Hawks seem to have been pretty quiet in the offseason. I'm on their mailing list, but, it's been pretty darn quiet on that front...

RICHARD
07-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Well, what's new on the BF front?:rolleyes:

---------

Farve did an interview with Greta Van Sustren - who owns stock in the Packers - and was roundly criticized for it. I like the dude but am a little baffled by the folks who are of the mind that Farve has the right to show up on the Packer's front porch and ask for his job back.

I would like to have that power. But for me it ain't gonna happen.

I want to see him play another year, but don't think that he went about this the right way. He's wanted to retire for the last two years, but officially did it this past Feb. The Packers took his word for it and went about preparing for the season....Now, he wants his old job back.

There have been some good athletes that throw fits and don't report to camp because of one reason or another, they then show up play and get paid.

Allen Iverson from the NBA didn't think he should practice. Mike Strahan didn't go to camp-his team did win the Super Bowl, so he might be forgiven for that.....But, it's getting to the point where the great players are starting to act like spoiled brats.

RICHARD
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
20 million to Brett to stay retired?

Sheesh, what a CF this is turning out to be.

I just heard that he is going to take a charter to the Packer's camp today...:rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm leaving on a JET plane.

Favre,

Dude. what is going on with you?

The only comsolation is that he went to a green team.:confused:

Should be an interesting year anyway. I'd love to have a crystal ball.:)

smokey the elder
08-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I think Favre is going to get killed on the Jets. They have a porous offensive line, and wide receivers who aren't used to catching Favre rockets. They did get Bubba Franks, who unfortunately had serious dropped ball issues with the Pack the last few years. Also the New York media is not the laid-back, Saint-Brett-can-do-no-wrong Green Bay media. The first time he throws 5 picks he's gonna get massacred in the media.

At least he didn't go to the Vikings!

DJFyrewolf36
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I think Farve made a really bad carreer move, why can't players be satisfied with great carreers and retire?

I really don't think he's hurting for money...

As for the Hawks, lets root for another playoff apperance at least! :D

cassiesmom
08-08-2008, 12:33 PM
The best thing about the Bears game last night was the weather! Da Bears lost. KC uniform pants were definitely red enough!

DJFyrewolf36
08-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Last night the Hawks looked good! I hope they keep Justin Forsett...that guys is a phenominal punt/kickoff returner and doesn't do a bad job on the ground on the offensive side of the ball either.
Our new kicker, Coutu went 5/5 including the game winner. Lets hope he keeps that up :D
Frye needs some work making decsions...3 interceptions is not good...although he raillied in the 3d quarter quite nicely. Wallace did good the week before though, so its going to be a toss up for the number 2 spot.
All in all, a good job! Not as big of a blowout as the first week but it did prove that they can come back from stupid mistakes and take a win.

Thank you Bears kicker for missing the game winner in the 4th quarter though ;)

smokey the elder
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
It would have been nice if people didn't keep dropping Rodger's passes agains the 49ers, and if the offensive line actually showed up for the game.:(

RICHARD
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
I haven't payed attention to any football, yet.......

things will word out before the season starts. Have faith, fans!:)

DJFyrewolf36
08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I haven't payed attention to any football, yet.......

things will word out before the season starts. Have faith, fans!:)

Im a football nerd...more accurately a Seahawks nerd. Having all the Hawks programs aired on local channels isn't helping lol ;)

After hearing about college football for MONTHS, some pro football is a nice change of pace.

RICHARD
08-29-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't want any lip from any of the Seattle fans.

Bite me.:p

RICHARD
09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
ANother football player shot in the middle of the night!

It must be football season!:rolleyes:

Grace
09-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I've been trying to put this inside quotes, but keep getting an error message. Nothing definitive in the Boston Globe about the knee. This is from Yahoo news.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a source familiar with the injury.

While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady’s injury, two sources indicated it involved serious damage to the knee.

“It’s bad,” a team source said. “We’re going to have to play without him.”

Karen
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a source familiar with the injury.

While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady’s injury, two sources indicated it involved serious damage to the knee.

“It’s bad,” a team source said. “We’re going to have to play without him.”

hmm - ah, Grace, what it wanted you to do was not JUST quote something, but add a character or something. This is done to prevent people simply quoting other posts without adding any of their own content, like "I agree"

RICHARD
09-07-2008, 11:31 PM
The Pats are bringing in two QBs to workout with the team this week.

It looks bad, I don't know what is worse, to lose a QB in the first week or to have them get nailed the first series of the playoffs!:rolleyes:
----------------

Matt Cassel is a kid from the San Fernando Valley and attended Chatsworth High School.
He hasn't started a game since 1999, wish him the best if he starts for the Pats this week.

RICHARD
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Week two.

What was that all about?:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
09-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I have one thing to say...

:rolleyes:

If my Hawks beat the Rams next week I can at least pull my head out of the sand for a few minutes and cheer...:p

RICHARD
09-16-2008, 12:26 PM
That was an entertaining games last night. I don't like the Cowboys, either.

Sand Diego got jobbed on Sunday and can we get past the Favre Factor now?;)

The over and under for NFL players getting jailed this year is 39.:rolleyes:

smokey the elder
09-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Was this week bizarre or what? Eight come-from-behind wins? I couldn't believe the schizo Packers. First they hang 21 quick ones on the Lions, then go to sleep until the middle of the 4th quarter, only to wake up and score like 27 points in 5 minutes!:o

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 01:25 AM
then go to sleep until the middle of the 4th quarter, only to wake up and score like 27 points in 5 minutes!:o

LOL,

Remember this tidbit of info during the season!

Just when you think it's safe to go to the rest room.....

It's gonna be a great season!:)

RICHARD
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
;)ANother crazy weekend. I watched the Oakland game, took a nap and they lost.

I think we are getting punked this year,

----------

Are the MNF announcers on the radio idiot?

I had to stop because Marv Albert-is that who the announcer is?-makes a call on a fumble and says that the Packers have the ball near the Jets endzone.

I thought the CHARGERS were playing!:confused:

Sevaede
09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
I am not a sports nut or anything. I just have to say that, as an Oregonian (and a Eugenian even further), I "have" to back up Joey Harrington. ;) :D

RICHARD
09-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I am not a sports nut or anything. I just have to say that, as an Oregonian (and a Eugenian even further), I "have" to back up Joey Harrington. ;) :D

True to the end!:)

Tonight's game really bit wienie.
:(

DJFyrewolf36
09-23-2008, 02:12 AM
True to the end!:)

Tonight's game really bit wienie.
:(

My game didn't :D

But how much respect do you have for a division that is led by the Cardnals...:confused:

RICHARD
09-27-2008, 07:08 AM
My game didn't :D

But how much respect do you have for a division that is led by the Cardnals...:confused:

Ah, no respect at all?

What happened to USC?:eek:

I heard that John Elway proposed marriage to a 41 year old ex RAIDERETTE!
lol, see how long that lasts!

Week 4 already?:eek:

RICHARD
09-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Some great college this weekend.

ANyone see the kid from Morgan State make that circus catch?

He stretched all the way up for a ball, stopped it with one hand.
A defender hit him in the legs and while the receiver fell onto his back he gathered the ball on and made the while flat on his back.

The other college clip was of the two blocks on the same play in the UNC game......CRUSHED!!!!!

-----------------

Geez, what is going on in the NFL?, it's gonna be one of those seasons!

Hey,
What is Brett Farve doing in New York? :rolleyes: Do you think that the announcers will ever cut the umbilical cord for him?

I ABSOLUTELY cannot stand those two AHs on NBC, Olbermann and Barber.
I have learned to ignore Chris Berman from ESPN, but I just cannot stand Keith and Tiki.

My only comfort is knowing that TB quit before the Giants won the SB!

JERK!!!!

------

GO Raiders? That moron, Al Davis is a total idiot. He still thinks he has the smarts to run a team. The reason that Kiffin will be left to dangle as the head coach is this. If AD fires him he has to pay his salary. AD is the cheapest bees turd on the planet and want LK to quit, so that will void the contract.

Look at what happened to Mike Shanahan when he was the Faider's coach!

:mad:

RICHARD
09-30-2008, 10:38 PM
There are four of the most hated people on the planet.
OBL, Hitler, Miley Cyrus and Al Davis.
My Pal Al is a sorry SOB, I love the team, hate the owner.

UPDATE?

AL DAVIS is a rat faced jerk. Of course he fires his coach and does not pay him.
IT's the same old song and dance. I hope Kiffin gets another coaching job and comes back to kick the Raider's sorry arses.......I wish he could kick AD's sorry wrinkled rear!!!!

UGH!

LOLOLOLOL, This from Colin Cowherd, ESPN Radio host.

"Al Davis looks like a lollipop left in a glass of water overnight!"

I heard that Brett Farve may be playing this season with the Jets! Is this true?:)

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Ah, no respect at all?

Week 4 already?:eek:

Week 4 and a bye for us...lets hope we win more than ONE game this year :p

OH and I agree, Al Davis is a turd to the Nth degree.

RICHARD
10-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Arizona in 1st place!!!!!:eek:

Poor Dallas.

With Jones and Owens on that team they will never be at peace.

I had to laugh at the Owens outbursts on the sideline-He doesn't win any points from his teammates by yelling at them during the game. After they wanted to get a word with him in the locker room and he was dressed like a fricking clown. He had on a bow tie, hat and a circus shirt.

He only caught 4 passes and he'll go back to his thoughts of "If I don't get passes thrown to me, we lose the game..."

Oakland who?:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Arizona in 1st place!!!!!:eek:

Shaddup...*hides head in the sand*

smokey the elder
10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I knew T.O. would start trouble. It was only a matter of time.

Five games decided in the last minute or overtime! What a week! My Packers won for a change (not a big challenge against Charlie Frye and company, but I'll take it!)

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I knew T.O. would start trouble. It was only a matter of time.

Five games decided in the last minute or overtime! What a week! My Packers won for a change (not a big challenge against Charlie Frye and company, but I'll take it!)

HEY...I resemble that remark :p:D

I hope the whole season doesn't go this way, especially since its Holmgrens last year. Sigh...it isn't too early to look forward to next season is it?

Cincy'sMom
10-14-2008, 07:46 AM
How bout them Clowns?! I'm a Cincinnati fan, but man it was fun to watch Cleveland play last night! Go Brownies!

RICHARD
10-14-2008, 08:37 AM
How bout them Clowns?! I'm a Cincinnati fan, but man it was fun to watch Cleveland play last night! Go Brownies!

Great game. Does Maniing really know how to tackle?:rolleyes:

STE,

I am waiting for the big explosion from TO......I really want to see him blow up with his helmet on.

I want to see brains come out the earholes.

RICHARD
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Wocka, Wocka, Wocka, Wocka,
BzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzz

Adam "PACMAN" Jones gets 4 game suspension.

I heard that he got into a fight with the bodyguard that the Clownboys set up for him. Jerry Jones is probably kicking himself now in hindsight.
------------------

R COllier, the Jaguar player that was shot 14 times earlier this year was let out of the hospital a few days ago. They had to amputate part of his leg the wounds were so bad.

Shheesshh,
I used to feel badly about guys getting into accidents in the off season -now that they get shot and lose a chance at making money and being a pro player I have a hard time feeling sorry for them now that they do stupid or get caught in stupid situations.

I bet that he'll think about the chance he had for a long time.:(

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM
R COllier, the Jaguar player that was shot 14 times earlier this year was let out of the hospital a few days ago. They had to amputate part of his leg the wounds were so bad.

Shheesshh,
I used to feel badly about guys getting into accidents in the off season -now that they get shot and lose a chance at making money and being a pro player I have a hard time feeling sorry for them now that they do stupid or get caught in stupid situations.

I bet that he'll think about the chance he had for a long time.:(

Its really sad when people get huge oppertunities like this and blow it. :( Its been happening way too often lately.

RICHARD
10-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Its really sad when people get huge oppertunities like this and blow it. :( Its been happening way too often lately.

I am watching a profile on Walter Payton. the wonderful running back and more importantly, all around great person, that played for the Bears.

God,
What could any person do with half of his talent?
What class-watching tapes of his runs remind me of a Gene Kelly in a tux and tails.

You see someone levitate, spin and make moves that would leave you and I with a dislocation, hernia or broken spine.

When I think about all the stupidity in sports these days, it only takes a few munutes to look back at the real people that make sports what they really should be. Not anything that will make the economy better, or make your life easier.....It's a few hours of escape on a weekend-something that makes your life a little more enjoyable. Just for a moment.

For every dumb story you hear about in sports, there is one that makes you stop and forget all the problems in your life. For every AH you see in sports, there is one guy who more than makes up for it.

DJFyrewolf36
10-16-2008, 09:53 PM
For every dumb story you hear about in sports, there is one that makes you stop and forget all the problems in your life. For every AH you see in sports, there is one guy who more than makes up for it.

Indeed!! :D

RICHARD
10-18-2008, 05:19 PM
69-0

USC versus Washington State. IF there was ever a reason to sell beer during the 4th quarter, after the game, in the parking lot, at the onramp to the freeway. The WSU fans deserve that much.:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
10-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Ouch...

Glad I stopped by here before checking the box scores lol. Im no Washington State fan but I still feel really bad :(

RICHARD
10-19-2008, 11:58 AM
LOL,

I just ranted about Frank Caliendo, the comedian who has a show on TBS coming soon on the baseball thread.

I was watching the FOX pregame football show and guess who shows up?
Yep!

I love Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long.......I cannot stand the weather idiot.-Jillian, she does the local morning programs here in Lost Angeles.....

Two more reasons to change my viewing habits.:D

Good Luck to y'all out there in football land...

Where is football Jesus? He hasn't been seen this season so far!:(

RICHARD
10-19-2008, 06:41 PM
And there I was laughing at the time out that would have cost the Faiders the game.

Too bad Al Davis gets to celebrate too.:(:rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
10-19-2008, 11:33 PM
At least you can celebrate today...

There is no joy in Seattle...the Seahawks stink :p

RICHARD
10-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Great!
Sports weekend again!

Dallas in the early game. The Faiduhs playing the Ravens-another loss and some sunday night football and baseball!

I love it!

DJFyrewolf36
10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
I am reserving a hiss and a boo for this afternoon...

RICHARD
10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I am reserving a hiss and a boo for this afternoon...

Go ahead, I'm all ears!:D;)

Congrats!

DJFyrewolf36
10-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Holy @#%*!

I fell asleep around two in the afternoon and hadn't checked the box scores yet today :D

Yay two wins!

RICHARD
11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I tuned into the Packers game this morning and thought, "Why is there a number 12 at quarterback?"

DUH!!!!!:D

DJFyrewolf36
11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I tuned into the Packers game this morning and thought, "Why is there a number 12 at quarterback?"

DUH!!!!!:D

LOL nice...

RICHARD
11-02-2008, 07:35 PM
LOL nice...

:D Bite me!

I saw the stats from the Raider game. 3 first downs, 10 yards passing, 77 total yards and less than 15 minutes of possession time.

I feel bad for the players, but the owner deserves every single loss.

What a year!:rolleyes:

Moesha
11-02-2008, 07:40 PM
GO TITANS!

RICHARD
11-02-2008, 07:43 PM
GO TITANS!

I have to cheer for Kerry Collins, that just goes to show you how crappy the Oakland team was around him.Sheesh.:mad:

cmayer31
11-02-2008, 08:36 PM
This has been the best football weekend for me this season! The Chargers didn't lose!!!! Oh that's right, it was our by week. ;)

I'm sure Norv probably made some bad calls this weekend though. :p

RICHARD
11-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I hate the NFL, COMCAST, TIme Warner and THursday Night Football.

I didn't even know there was a game on last night.

---------------------------

And what about those Raiders? The cut a player who played 8 games for them at a million bucks a game. They are looking at Jim Harbaugh to be the next coach too.

JH, RUN, DO NOT LOOK BACK OR ANSWER THE PHONE SHOULD AL DAVIS CALL!

You would have to have something empirically wrong to even entertain that thought!

I love football but hate MY PAL AL!

RICHARD
11-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Brandon Marshall of the D Broncos is an moron.

Incredible.

I watch sports to get away from real life.

Not only was his attempt at making a statement really idiotic, I found the half time show of MNF with the two pres candidates a waste and an interruption of my 'stupid time'.

----------

BM was going to "recreate" the politcal statement that two athletes made at the 68 Mexico Olympics. While I don't agree with any political statements at any sporting events, His misguided attempt to connect a touchdown to the winner of the US presidential election shows the ignorance and inability of people to separate their own meaningless accomplishments from the importance of a political office.

Entertainers, movie stars and all the rest of the people paid to make us forget, should not remind us of the important things in life.

Morons.

DJFyrewolf36
11-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Brandon Marshall of the D Broncos is an moron.

Incredible.

I watch sports to get away from real life.

Not only was his attempt at making a statement really idiotic, I found the half time show of MNF with the two pres candidates a waste and an interruption of my 'stupid time'.

----------

BM was going to "recreate" the politcal statement that two athletes made at the 68 Mexico Olympics. While I don't agree with any political statements at any sporting events, His misguided attempt to connect a touchdown to the winner of the US presidential election shows the ignorance and inability of people to separate their own meaningless accomplishments from the importance of a political office.

Entertainers, movie stars and all the rest of the people paid to make us forget, should not remind us of the important things in life.

Morons.

Quoted for truth!

How bad will the Seahawks be THIS week...sigh. I hope next year is better. :(

RICHARD
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Quoted for truth!

How bad will the Seahawks be THIS week...sigh. I hope next year is better. :(

IN for a penny??...If I have to suffer thru a bad team and a worse owner, I think you can do it too!:eek:;)

Hey, it's only a game!

DJFyrewolf36
11-09-2008, 06:40 PM
IN for a penny??...If I have to suffer thru a bad team and a worse owner, I think you can do it too!:eek:;)

Hey, it's only a game!

True...our owner isn't an *insert proper explative here*
New coach next year, new recruits and hopefully NO INJURIES! Another L on the column today but at least we were close :D.

Arizona still leads the division. For some weird reason I hope they go far this year lol.

smokey the elder
11-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Grr...two close losses in a row by Green Bay. Get a run defense, guys!

RICHARD
11-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Grr...two close losses in a row by Green Bay. Get a run defense, guys!
I heard the Thursday night game was close...It's not even on the free radio...
I hate that.:mad:

RICHARD
11-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Pretty good games the last couple of weeks.

I wanted Kerry Collins to go undefeated to put Al Davis' nose in the dirt.

This is great!

DJFyrewolf36
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Hooray for Seattle :rolleyes:

I have to admit though, the playoff picture is going to be interesting this year.

smokey the elder
11-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Green Bay vs. New Orleans tonight! Woot!

RICHARD
11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey DJ,

Don't worry, there is always next year. You'd still be ahead of us if you were in the division!

STE,
Hope the 'good game karma' creeps over from yesterday, Last night's game was a good one!:D

smokey the elder
11-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Way to mail it in, Green Bay defense! 51-29?? OUCH!!

RICHARD
11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Way to mail it in, Green Bay defense! 51-29?? OUCH!!

I popped on the tube for the beginning, came back at a little before halftime, 21-21 and thought that I could finish my chores and watch the second half.

I should have done the reverse.

ANd what is it with the people that dress up for the games?
I thought that the Raider fans were strange!:D

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 03:52 PM
LOL, I just saw that Plaxico Burress shot himself at a night club!

Sure ya did! The commish should suspend any NFL player who gets caught up in any gunplay for one year.

Morons.

RICHARD
12-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey, Terrell Owens is having a problem with the Cowboy's QB......

LOLOLOLOLOL, what else is new?

DJFyrewolf36
12-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey, Terrell Owens is having a problem with the Cowboy's QB......

LOLOLOLOLOL, what else is new?

LOL really...Are the Cardinals still in the lead in their division? I root for them in the Super Bowl...lets get wacky this year!! :D

RICHARD
12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Has this year really sucked or what?

-----------------

God golly, I heard that Matt Cassel lost his dad this last week.....This is totally crazy......Best wishes to all parents across the planet....

Enough already!

-------

And I don't want TO to get anything for Christmas theis year!:p

Grace
12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
I recall the name, but not much else.

From the NY Times -

Sammy Baugh, the Washington Redskins quarterback who was one of football’s greatest passers and a pivotal figure in transforming the National Football League from a plodding affair into a high-scoring spectacle, died Wednesday in Rotan, Tex. He was 94.

His death was confirmed by the Weathersbee-Ray Funeral Home of Rotan.

In the fall of 1937, Baugh joined the Redskins, who were newly arrived in Washington from their former home in Boston. N.F.L. players of that era butted leather helmets in largely dull encounters, the single- and double-wing offenses almost always running the ball.

Baugh had displayed his passing prowess as an all-American at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth. In his first season with the Redskins, Slingin’ Sammy, as he would be known, provided a preview of football’s modern era with his brilliant passing at tailback. He took Washington to the N.F.L. championship by throwing for three touchdowns in a 28-21 victory over the Chicago Bears in the title game on frozen turf at Wrigley Field.

I especially like the last bit from this obit -

For all of Baugh’s exploits, a tale from his rookie season endures. It is evidently apocryphal, but its telling reflects the awe in which Baugh was held for his uncanny passing skills and self-confidence.

Baugh was taking the field for his first practice session with the Redskins when his coach, Ray Flaherty, handed him the football.

“They tell me you’re quite a passer,” Flaherty is said to have remarked.

“I reckon I can throw a little,” Baugh replied.

“Show me,” Flaherty said. “Hit that receiver in the eye.”

To which Baugh supposedly responded, “Which eye?”

RICHARD
12-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Thank you Santa for knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs- and thank you for giving T.O. 6 catches and over 100 yards in a loss.:p

Please let the Broncos beat the CHargers and please let Al Davis get better so I can continue to make fun of the way he runs the team!

Go playoffs!

pomtzu
12-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Thank you Santa for knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs- and thank you for giving T.O. 6 catches and over 100 yards in a loss.:p

I'll drink to that! :p Dumb me - I didn't watch the Eagles/Cowboys game yesterday, since I thought the Eagles were going to lose. I found out this morning that I missed one heck of a game! So they made the playoffs, but I'm not going to get over enthused, since I really have doubts that they will go much further.

At least Philadelphia came up with a winner this year - the Phillies!!!

RICHARD
01-04-2009, 09:06 AM
WHile not a CHarger fan, I found the game very entertaining.

Here's to two more GREAT games today....

-------------------------

I saw a highlight of a spectacular catch in college football.....A receiver caught the ball and juggled it behind his back.....All time great snag!

I forgot who it was!:eek:

RICHARD
01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Great college games lately!

--------------

What is up with the Pacman?

I bet Jerry Jones want to kick himself.

Tank Johnson and T.O. are next on the block. What a sad season for a great team on paper.:eek::(

Go playoffs!

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Good luck, peoples!

Let the games begin.

----------------

Notice that all the former Raider coaches that got the sack in the last few weeks?

Shanahan and Gruden. See, the Oakland jinx is real!

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 09:50 PM
David P and DJ,

Quit screaming and settle down.

You have two weeks to prepare!

Great games!

--------------

What does the stadium music person play when someone is down on the field, hurt?

Creedence and Santana!:confused:

That was a nasty hit and you could tell from looking at Mcgahee's arms that he was knocked out.

Thoughts go out to him, his family and teammates.:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
David, virtual super bowl party? Yeah I'm still bitter but ya know, I still want the BEST team to win :D

GO ARIZONA!!!

I never thought I'd ever say that lol

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
GO ARIZONA!!!

You are safe, you thought it and typed it!

Congrats!

Karen
01-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Congrats, David!

DJFyrewolf36
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I gotta root for the division...except for the Rams :p

davidpizzica
01-18-2009, 11:50 PM
David, virtual super bowl party? Yeah I'm still bitter but ya know, I still want the BEST team to win :D

GO ARIZONA!!!

DJF, I want the best team to win, too! ( whips out the Terrible Towel) GO STEELERS!

DJFyrewolf36
01-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I enjoy a good game, even when my team doesn't win ;)
*It just makes it better if they do lol*

RICHARD
01-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Has anyone gone to the BODOG betting site and seen some of the bets you can put on the game?

Some of the bets were on the color of Gatorade dumped on the winning coaches head, How long will it take to sing the Star Spangled Banner, who will score the longest touchdown, the average of the numbers on the jerseys of the guys who catch TDs!:rolleyes:

Some of the stuff was really stupid and shows how nerdy people are when it comes to betting!

http://sports.bodoglife.com/sports-betting/football-player-props.jsp

This is the players site, you can search for more!

RICHARD
03-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Enjoy your preseason, Buffalo.

It's gonna be a long year!:eek::rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Enjoy your preseason, Buffalo.

It's gonna be a long year!:eek::rolleyes:

DETAILS! I don't get out much...news me!

RICHARD
03-08-2009, 06:43 PM
DETAILS! I don't get out much...news me!

T.O. signed a one year with the Bills for around 6 mil.:eek::rolleyes: