PDA

View Full Version : Happy Homecoming Again!

Laura's Babies
06-19-2008, 01:36 PM
The girls were so happy last night when Meowmie walked in the door! They were all waiting for their pets and loving and wanting to love me back and let me know how much they missed me. Going to bed was an experience. Boo was waiting and it was her time to get all the loving she could handle and beg for more when I tried to go to sleep. Finally she realized I was really tired and agreed to let me go to sleep... Then Amy started. I decided to leve her out of the bedroom so I could get some sleep but she had another plan, sit at the door and give Meowmie that pitiful "MEW!.....MEW!.......MEWMEW!" and kept it up until I gave up and let her in. Then she cracked me up by how fast she was on the bed and she was so excited she could hardly walk so she would fling herself at me and she wouldn't land close enough so she would try to stand up again and fling herself at me again, she kept getting up as best she could and fling herself until she finally landed on my chest where she dug in to stay and I could pet her and recieve her purring, loving and sweetness.. That is where she was when I went to sleep..

However, when I woke up this morning, Samantha was on my chest where Amy had been when I went to sleep and Amy was pressed at my hip and Boo at my knee, ALL PURRING! What a wonderful sweet, loving way to wake up my first day back. HOME! There no place like HOME and with my babies!! :love:

Now, to catch up here!

Grace
06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm so glad to hear you're home. I kept thinking about you with all the flooding going on. Hopefully you never got up that far.

Your description of the greetings from your cats brought a big grin to my face :)

Trinityagain
06-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Welcome home! I loved the description of Amy...what a sweetheart! hugs to all!!!

cassiesmom
06-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Yay! I am so glad you're back! I was worried about you, too with all the river flooding. I love that your kitties wanted to be near you from the moment you came in the door! Purr on, kitties!

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 02:11 PM
One, one, one, one, one.....

Welcome Home!:D

orangemm
06-19-2008, 02:53 PM
What a wonderful homecoming! Isn't it nice to know you've been missed? Such loving kitties................

Randi
06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
It's good to see you again - and what a welcome you got! :D

pitc9
06-19-2008, 03:39 PM
How sweet!

rg_girlca
06-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome back Laura. :D

How I loved reading how your kitties missed you so much. Must have made you feel realllllllll good.:)

lvpets2002
06-19-2008, 03:56 PM
:love: Welcome Home Laura.. We missed you.. I am sure the babies were like Woo Hoo Meowmom is Home.. Glad all is well & good..

catmandu
06-19-2008, 05:47 PM
AND A GREAT BIG WELCOME BACK:D:cool::love: FROM RECOVERING OUCHIE MOUTHS MICHAEL THE DREAM, JUKE JOINT JOSEPH, AND I, THE FEEDER OF MY DEAR FELINE FRIENDS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012465.jpg
I HEAR THAT THE NAUTICAL ANGELS HAD A GREAT VOYAGE WITH YOU.
AND ITS GREAT THAT YOU WERE SO MISSED , AND THAT YOU GOT SUCH A PURRRING OVATION WHEN YOU STEPPED BACK IN YOUR HOUSE.
I FEEL THAT WHEN I AM AWAY FOR A FEW HOURS, IT MUST BE BLISS WHEN YOU ARE GONE FOR A MONTH!!!:love::love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
06-19-2008, 06:28 PM
While the water was high it was not as high or as dangerous as it was last trip but we are on the Lower and that terriable flooding has not made it down that far yet. I think it will make it to St. Louis in a few days and work it's way on down. We did end up back in the shipyard having 2 wheels replaced again, damaged again by the debris in the water while we were off.

I have had them taking turns in my lap all day, never a empty lap here today but it has mainly been hogged by Samantha and Giz. Amy and Boo got their good brushing today and Amy was so excited to be brushed that she was funny! Darn it... WHERE is a video camera when you need one? If she wore pants, she would have peed in them from the excitement of getting brushed, goodness, she was SO excited!! LOL!

momcat
06-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi Laura and welcome home to your furbabies and of course to PT!!! What a great welcome home!!! Glad to hear that your trip went well. I can imagine the greeting you received. When Soncat returned home from his trip to Europe Groucho would not leave him alone for a moment. The sweetest part was how Groucho purred his Soncat to sleep for several nights.

phesina
06-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Welcome home, Laura! We're all glad to see you again. And your cats clearly are, too!

moosmom
06-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Welcome Home Laura!!! I'm sure you furbabies were joyous over your return (NOT, if they're anything like mine).

Moesha
06-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I think that we're almost as glad to have you back around here as the furkids. So, who do you want to snuggle with you first? :D

Anikaca77
06-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Welcome back!

I'm glad you got a warm welcoming from your babies.

Melissa

Medusa
06-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Welcome home from Mary and the Fur Posse! :)

Donnaj4962
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Welcome home Laura! You are always missed by us here on PT! Soudns like you had a wonderful welcome home party last night with all of your furbabies! That had to have been one of the better sleeps you had with all of the purring to lull you to sleep! :love:

Scooter's Mom
06-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome home, Laura!
We missed you tremendously. Pet Talk is not the same when you're away.

Freedom
06-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Laura and welcome home!

Nothing we say can rival the welcome from those who are in your presence, te hee. :D Thanks for sharing the fun with us! I was laughing reading about dear Amy making her way to your chest. There's just no stopping that girl!

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Welcome home Laura!!!:D I'm glad to hear that you had such a warm home coming with your furkids. Isn't it nice to be missed? We've missed you a lot around here too.:)

catfamily
06-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow!your cats just love love love you so very much...i can picture that whole scene:)
i think i was especially happy reading about Bo puring with all your others against you,no jealousy,just all one big happy family in one big bed!
Happy so Happy to have mommy back home...I don't think their going to let you go next time..;):)
welcome home...glad your safe.

Laura's Babies
06-21-2008, 08:31 AM
I You know, I wonder about that Carla.. They realized the luggage was out, Mom was gathering things together and the morning I left, they stuck to me like glue. They make it harder and harder to leave them and when I get home, they just can't get enough loving. All 4 were at the door when I opened it, actually, Boo was at the window when I pulled up and I wondered if she knew I was on my way home and she sat there and waited.

They have had their grooming and nails clipped already and you should see the fur I get off of Boo after 28 days of no brushing. I have never seen a short haired cat with such thick fur!! She is still a little jealous of Samantha because Sam is always in my lap when Boo wants in there but the minute Samantha is out, Boo is in! LOL! I am still amazed at what a sweet girl she is now, I could just eat her up sometimes because she is such a sweet girl. Such a dramatic change from when she first got here. I don't recall her ever being such a sweet kitty at my sisters or with Mama. I know Mama is smiling down on her girl, happy that her baby is now such a happy "Gal". I am SO glad she lives with me and I do wish I didn't have to leave her to go to work and miss a minute of her!!