PDA

View Full Version : Yippee! Two upcoming CAT SHOWS!!!

AmberLee
08-31-2002, 04:04 AM
Just realized today that there are two (count 'em 2 (two)) upcoming Cat Shows here in Santa Clara county in the next couple months.

The International Cat Association (TICA) (the one that Wolflady and I went to last winter and KAK and I went to in July) is holding one next weekend, 7 & 8 September, at the Santa Clara Convention Center. It is on the corner of Great America Parkway and Tasman Drive in Santa Clara.

Cat Fancy Association (CFA) is having theirs at the Santa Clara county Fairground on the first weekend in November. It's located in San Jose, I'm blanking on the location, have to get back to you.

I'm so excited! Anyone interested in an informal Pet Talk meeting at either? Both?

:D :cool: :D :cool:

sujei
08-31-2002, 04:22 AM
hope u have fun. u seem genuinly x-cited;)

Aspen and Misty
08-31-2002, 01:59 PM
O how much fun! I would be exited to! All those pretty kitties! O I would just want to hug them all! Hope you have fun!

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2002, 06:40 PM
Yeah! I'd love to go to both cat shows AmberLee. I had so much fun at the last one. :D Please let me know which day and what time you are going.

AmberLee
09-01-2002, 12:46 AM
So far either day works well for me. The website that advertised the cat shows didn't list times that I saw. I drive by the Convention Center daily; I hope the times will be listed on the marquee so we can figure our schedules from there.

I had such a good time when we went to the one in Pleasanton. And this one is quite a bit closer for both of us and for Wolflady. Wouldn't it be a blast if she could join us? :D :cool:

Sammy Kitty
09-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Hello
I have just returned from a cat show yesterday it was really fun I have been showing Persians for 10 years !!!!!
The names of my kitties are
SilverDoubleGrandPremier Captivating Tickle Me Elmo
Premier Taniver All Paws Crossed
Champion Skybank Loonie Toones (IA)
Malita Mae West (IA)

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Sammy Kitty. Your cats sure have interesting names. Have they won many awards?

Sammy Kitty
09-03-2002, 11:36 PM
Thanks KAK they have the best names for short they are called Elmo.Loone.le may and Yogi !!!!! They have won thousands of awards especially Elmo there awards include Supreme , cat & kittin of the year and 100's of BIS's
Luv Sammy Kitty

daisy
09-04-2002, 10:07 AM
I wish I didn't live so far away from you, AmberLee! I'm down here in L.A. and although there are cat shows in the area from time to time, I imagine it would be much more fun to attend one with fellow COTD addicts!!!:D

wolflady
09-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Hooray!! Cat shows are so much fun!! I'd love to join up with ya for the catshows. I'm not sure if I could make it this Saturday, but Sunday is an option:-)
I will keep you posted.

The one in November will be good too! I'll put it on my calendar now and we can plan on going on Saturday if that works for everyone. :D :D

NoahsMommy
09-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Hooray!! Cat shows are so much fun!! I'd love to join up with ya for the catshows. I'm not sure if I could make it this Saturday, but Sunday is an option:-)
I will keep you posted.

The one in November will be good too! I'll put it on my calendar now and we can plan on going on Saturday if that works for everyone. :D :D

I want to go in November!!! Hmm...how to convince the hubby.....hey! He can hand out resumes while we're there!! What do you think?

wolflady
09-04-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I want to go in November!!! Hmm...how to convince the hubby.....hey! He can hand out resumes while we're there!! What do you think?

Sounds good to me!! You guys could even crash at my place while you're in town if you would like. Free place to stay! LOL LOL ;)

AmberLee
09-05-2002, 12:45 AM
According to the website, this weekend's show runs from 9 to 4 each day. According to the marquee at the center, it runs from 10 to 4 each day. :confused: The website did look like it was focused more on members and people showing cats. Maybe the time listed there includes set up time?

Either day works for me. KAK seemed open to both... So are we aiming for the three of us to go Sunday? I seem to remember you have a commitment early on Sunday, Karen. Would 11 or noon be do-able for you? If not, please suggest a time that works.

It's been ages since I've been there, seem to remember that parking fees are high. Shall we carpool or meet there?

I'm really looking forward to this! Yippie!

P.S. Regarding the November cat show, you were offered a futon here first, Kelly! ;) :p (Now was that nice of me to put pressure on like that? :eek: Hee, hee! :D)

NoahsMommy
09-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
P.S. Regarding the November cat show, you were offered a futon here first, Kelly! ;) :p (Now was that nice of me to put pressure on like that? :eek: Hee, hee! :D)

Originally posted by wolflady
Sounds good to me!! You guys could even crash at my place while you're in town if you would like. Free place to stay! LOL LOL

Woohoo!! TWO places to stay!! You girls are so sweet!! :) How far are you both and the cat show from Walnut Creek? Or that area?

AmberLee
09-05-2002, 06:39 PM
Depending on traffic, I'd guess I'm a little less than an hour from Walnut Creek, the San Jose fair ground about an hour from it (it's further south, but closer to freeways...). Not sure about Wolflady's home - maybe an hour and a half from Walnut Creek??? <-- Does this sound right, Wolflady?

wolflady
09-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Actually, it turns out that I can go this Saturday morning if that works for everyone. My plans for Saturday were boosted out to 5pm, so I have the morning and afternoon free. I was thinking we could meet at my 'old' office building...the university of Phoenix complex on 1st and Tasman since it's pretty close to the Santa Clara Convention center...maybe around 10:30?? Do let me know if this works and we can go look at some kitties!! :D :D

AmberLee
09-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Well, between phone calls, voice mails, emails and such I think we're coordinated. (Or as coordinated as I get ;))

Wolflady, her mom, and I are meeting at 10:30 a.m. at the new Starbucks about a block from her old office and car-pooling from there. KAK and her party are meeting us at the center itself at 11. KAK told me she's charging up her digital camera. Maybe we'll get to photograph some of those gorgeous winning fur-babies.

Yeeeeesssss! Ready to have a mini-PT party at a cat show. Life is good. :D

NoahsMommy
09-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Pauline & Karen,
I am going to come up with David to go to the November cat show!! We are going to check out US Davis too!! So, what day did you girls want to go? I need to book our campus tour.

YAY!!! I'm excited!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2002, 12:02 AM
Yes, I'm charging up my battery right now so I'll be able to take a lot of pictures tomorrow. I hope that the owners will let me take pictures of their cats. I'll probably be there sometime between 11:00-12:00pm. I can't wait. :D

AmberLee
09-07-2002, 11:11 PM
I won't talk for the others, but KAK, WolfLady and I (and three other friends) met up at the Cat Show and I had a blast.

Too tired to give details tonight. Oh, one little irony -- remember last cat show I griped a little about not winning anything in the raffle? I went ahead and bought raffle tickets today as it's a good cause and this time I won two items: they didn't say what on the phone message, but everything on the gift table looked good. I'm going back tomorrow to pick up whatever they are.

(Items were bought but I was the only one who ran amuck buying today. Got myself three shirts: two t-shirts and a denim 'windbreaker' and some hand lotion and for the kids: two cat toys, a sleeping cup, and some herbal goodies. Introduced W and KAK to my pet sitter, too. Goodnight, I'm yawning so hard my jaws hurt.)

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2002, 11:34 PM
I also had a great time. I went with a co-worker and her daughter and met up with AmberLee and Wolflady and her Mom. I wasn't going to buy anything but I ended up buying a cat figurine. It's a top hat that has two kittens popping out of it. One of the kittens is an orange tabby and the other one is black and white. It was too cute to leave behind. I also took a lot of cat pictures. I'll be posting them later in another thread because there are 27 of them. I can't wait for the next cat show in early November. :)

AmberLee
09-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Just a quick update. I won 1) a slate entryway sign with "Welcome" and two cats painted on it and 2) a large green wicker basket filled with: 2 packs of cards (cat design on back), a cat potholder with a Christmas design, a CD with cat-related music, and a blank book/diary with cats on the cover, a little cream/brown/black cat statuette and a 'champagne bottle' filled with premium catnip.

It feels like Christmas!

NoahsMommy
09-08-2002, 11:27 PM
How fun that you won all that stuff Pauline!! What great luck you have :) Are you going to share your catnip with the furkids?? ;)

Former User
09-09-2002, 02:05 AM
And share the pics with us? :D

Former User
09-09-2002, 02:34 AM
ok, never mind, I found the pics :D They're great!!!