PDA

View Full Version : some really good news....

carole
06-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Some of you will remember my nieces husband Nick was diagnosed with good pastures disease a few months ago, we have great news he is now in remission and they are saying the treatment worked better than they expected.

This was very much un-expected news and we are over the moon, the chances of it returning are not likely at least for twenty years, and hopefully by that time they might even have a cure or at least better ways of doing kidney transplants.

Unfortunately Nick had to give up his job,but that may be a blessing in disguise as that might be where he picked up the disease anyhow through spray painting cars,it is sad though as Nick worked so hard to qualify,however hopefully he will be able to re-train and start his own business one day, that is his dream.

Just wanted to share as it is such good news, i will be seeing Nick and Char and baby Carlos this weekend as they are coming down for a visit, so it will be lovely to see them all.

Thanks for listening.

caseysmom
06-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Congratulations to your family Carole. I have never heard of good pastures disease but I am sure glad your nieces husband beat it and it doing well.

MoonandBean
06-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Good news is always welcome here! Great to hear he's doing well!

Catty1
06-18-2008, 08:42 PM
What WONDERFUL news - I remember you saying his spirits were always good, and I am sure that was a factor in his healing SO WELL.

Another door and opportunity will open for him, I am sure.

Great news!

Karen
06-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh, how good to hear! May he have continued good health for decades to come! Give him a hug from us, even if you have to explain who we are, and let him know we were praying for him!

carole
06-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Thank you all, yes caseymoms i had never heard of it before until Nick was diagnosed with it either,it was not picked up immediately, he was wrongly diagnosed with arthritis, go figure,still i am happy that i can report he is doing so well, and yes he has always had a very positive attitude to it all and i am sure that helps a lot.

He still has to watch it for now as his immune system is low, due to the three months of chemotherapy and he was on a very high dosage of steroids,but the chemo is finished and his steriods dosage has been drastically reduced,so i guess he will be feeling a lot better now with that alone.

Killearn Kitties
06-19-2008, 04:05 AM
That is fantastic news, Carole. I can't tell you happy I am to hear that he is dong so well, because the outlook sounded a bit gloomy at his diagnosis.

I hope you all have a great time this weekend.

Medusa
06-19-2008, 05:23 AM
What joyous news, Carole! It's good that someone so young is able to look forward w/anticipation and not dread. Blessings all 'round......

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2008, 09:27 AM
That's great news!

Randi
06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
What great news, Carole! It must have been a rough time for him and the famlily, so I'm glad he's doing so well now. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-19-2008, 10:55 AM
What wonderful news! This must be such a relief for the entire family.
Enjoy your visit with them this weekend. :D

moosmom
06-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh Carole, that is wonderful news!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
That's great. Carole!!! Best wishes to him for a complete recovery and a wonderful life to follow.:)

carole
06-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Thank you all, yes it was very unexpected but most welcome news, sadly i am not sure if i will get to see them this weekend, i have just come down with a sore throat and sore ear,i have to be careful as nick's immunity is still low due to the chemo treatment, i was so looking forward to it as well, as i have not seen them since xmas, and my little great nephew is twenty months old and i was so wanting to see him, he will have grown and changed so much,keep your fingers crossed i come right and can see them, but i will do what is right for them, better not to see them than risk Nick getting ill.:(i am thinking i could wear a mask, i have one here,i am sure carlos will wonder what his great aunty is doing wearing such a thing lol.