PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #270, The Summertime Blues!

RICHARD
06-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Time to wrap up Spring '08!

Summer starts in a few days! So, what is on the agenda?

Can we shut up the place, turn on the AC and have a pool tournament?

--------

I haven't had a bloody mary in eons! Would anyone object to sharing a pitcher with me?

DONE?

------

And don't get offended when the patrons yell, "Nice Rack!"

Karen
06-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Hmm, the one and only time - a long time ago - someone tried to teach me how to shoot pool, the first time I hit the ball, it went completely off the table into the air and nearly hit a bystander. My "instructor" then took the cue from my hand, patted my hand gently and said "How about you just watch for now, it'll be safer that way," while everyone around was still standing in stunned silence! Afterwards I heard another friend questioning "how did she even get it airborne, never mind that speed ..."

I like the other kind of pool - the splashy kind! ;)

Lemonade for me, please!

Catty1
06-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Karen - you just might have invented a new Olympic sport - "Billiards Shot-Put". ;)

I've never ordered anything here...is there any cranberry and soda with a lime twist about? On the rocks, of course! :D

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Karen - you just might have invented a new Olympic sport - "Billiards Shot-Put". ;)

I've never ordered anything here...is there any cranberry and soda with a lime twist about? On the rocks, of course! :D

Well, you just have ordered!

Cran and soda?
DONE!

Karen,

One Lemonade and helmets for the observers?

DONE!:D

Lady's Human
06-19-2008, 08:13 AM
You think the pool cue is bad?

Never, EVER be near when the mayor fires a shotgun.......

How about a coffee and some pancakes?

Cinder & Smoke
06-19-2008, 08:17 AM

I'll bet there's more to that Tail ...

Details ??

;)

Lady's Human
06-19-2008, 08:26 AM
We were out target shooting, and there were about 10-15 people. We had brought various firearms, and I had brought a 12 ga. shotgun. Karen tried it out, but neither of us noticed that the forearm had gotten a little damp in a brief rainshower. Damp, polished wood + shotgun.......

Karen loaded it, aimed, pulled the trigger, and the shotgun went over her shoulder as the recoil pulled the shotgun out of her grip.

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 08:30 AM
You think the pool cue is bad?

How about a coffee and some pancakes?

O.k.,

Coffes and cakes....PULL!!!!

Ah, I mean, DONE!;)

C&S,
Remember, you asked for the story and there is a punchline to it.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned (pool cue in hand) with a funny story that she is the star of!

Lady's Human
06-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Less of a punch line, more of a blast pattern...:p

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Less of a punch line, more of a blast pattern...:p

Shot gun, scatter gun....I GOT IT!!!:D

Cinder & Smoke
06-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned (pool cue in hand)
with a funny story that she is the star of!

:eek:

Well ... sounds like 'the broad side of the barn' is prolly a safe place to stand
whilst the Mayor is *shotgunnin* ...

But I guess I'd like the full helmet and cue-ball proof VEST for the Pool contest.

:D

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Count me in - a bloody mary sounds about perfect

davidpizzica
06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
RICHARD, a large cup of coffee and a seat at the pool table for me. Maybe I'll challenge the Mayor!

Karen
06-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Just wanna say, we were in a sand pit for target practice ... no barns were in any danger.

gini
06-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Our mayor with a gun? Who woulda thunk it?

A bloody mary - this I could do this very hot morning in CA.

lvpets2002
06-19-2008, 12:22 PM
:cool: What cha mean summer has not started yet.. Have you been to Texas lately.. Its HOT already with 100% days.. I will be haven a LIT please Richard.. Could I have some fruit & lots of Ice too please.. MMmm I was thinking of proping up by the pool side && not the pool table..:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-19-2008, 12:46 PM
And here I was thinkin summer was almost half over what with the 4th of July only two weeks away! :D

Catnip teas for my kids please. They've had colds this week. Luke had it first then shared. They are better but a little tea never hurts.

I'd like a cherry limeade, please?:)

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 01:07 PM
But I guess I'd like the full helmet and cue-ball proof VEST for the Pool contest.

:D

Which reside in the Lost and Found. If I go in, you have to hold the end of the rope!:eek:

Brody's Mum,
It's been godawful hot out here lately!

Oh, I have many garnishes too! Olives, celery, pickled okra, baby tomatoes, shrimp!!!!

One BM? DONE!

David,

One cuppa and a challenge for the Mayor? DONE!

Karen,

We do have a sand box next to the Mario Playground?

*ducking* I'll get you a Chai Tea!

DONE!

Gini,
One Mary......Done!

But you have to promise you aren't going to go to work after having a drink.....It's a long haul!:p

LP,

Here's a LIIT, fruit, ice and some sun block....Summer, on the left coast, comes and goes in spurts. Officially, it's starting on Saturday!

DONE!

MOFF,
Two weeks?

Wow, it was New Year's day three weeks ago!:p

Tea for the kids and a large Cherry Limeade!
DONE!

Killearn Kitties
06-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi all! Glad to hear that your summer is starting Richard, I think ours might be over. It's been nice up until now, but seems to have turned very chilly for June. Still, I'm sure that BM will heat me up.

It might be best to distract the mayor with a word game. It would seem safer.

Lady's Human
06-19-2008, 02:13 PM
How about give her a paint by numbers?

Word games are out, Pencils are SHARP!

Killearn Kitties
06-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Word games are out, Pencils are SHARP!

There speaks the voice of experience. How about if we chalked the puzzle up on the "specials" board?

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi all! Glad to hear that your summer is starting Richard, I think ours might be over. It's been nice up until now, but seems to have turned very chilly for June. Still, I'm sure that BM will heat me up.

It might be best to distract the mayor with a word game. It would seem safer.

The temps weren't too bad last week- at the moment it's 33.6c...the other day it was 110 in the sun!

One cool BM to get the blood flowing!
DONE!

LH,

Paint by numbers?

If that's the case......maybe we can get some painting done while we wait for a game?;)

lvpets2002
06-19-2008, 02:37 PM
And here I was thinkin summer was almost half over what with the 4th of July only two weeks away! :D

Catnip teas for my kids please. They've had colds this week. Luke had it first then shared. They are better but a little tea never hurts.

I'd like a cherry limeade, please?:)

:love: Your babies too with colds.. Some of mine have had colds too.. We were at the Vets just Tues for more cold meds.. Tizz the season.. Mine are all better now.. Yes some CatNip Tea for all of our babies please..

lizbud
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Whooo, Billiards.:D I'd love to play a game of 8 ball Richard. I'll rack
and you break, OK? May I have a coffee & Baileys please.:)

Karen, I'm surprised LH didn't warn you about the" kick" of a shotgun.
That's a brother for ya.:)

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey guys,
How about some marinated ribs with corn on the cob and some potato salad and homemade coleslaw. And for dessert some rootbeer floats.

Lady I'll even save you a few pieces off the bone. Who wants to help me schuck the corn?

davidpizzica
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey guys,
How about some marinated ribs with corn on the cob and some potato salad and homemade coleslaw. And for dessert some rootbeer floats.

Lady I'll even save you a few pieces off the bone. Who wants to help me schuck the corn?

Ah schucks! LOH, I'll help with the corn. The food looks and smells great! After schucking I'll find a recliner down by the pool.

RedHedd
06-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Well it's hot up in NorCal too! I'll have a watermelon iced tea and lounge out by the swimming pool. Oh Cabana Boy? :cool:

Karen
06-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Karen, I'm surprised LH didn't warn you about the" kick" of a shotgun.
That's a brother for ya.:)

I knew full well that shotguns kick, trust me. It's just that the stock was wet and far slipperier than we realized.

The one thing family gun no one ever let me fire from my shoulder was the 45/70, but that's because it kicks so bad it nearly knocked his shoulder out of joint, and he's got several inches in height and breadth on me ... he was afraid it's knock me clean over!

And I don't need numbers by which to paint, thanks. Gimme the watercolors and some good paper, and I promise not to hurt anyone.

Or, save the cornhusks for me, and I'll teach people how to make cornhusk dolls. That's how I amuse myself at neighborhood parties!

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
:love: Your babies too with colds.. Some of mine have had colds too.. We were at the Vets just Tues for more cold meds.. Tizz the season.. Mine are all better now.. Yes some CatNip Tea for all of our babies please..

CNT for the kids!

DONE!

Liz,
You may as well whup my arse when I bend over to break. In the realm of manly things that I should be able to do, pool shooting ain't one of them.

Shotgunning? I can do that!

cafe and Bailey's?

DONE!

Hi LOH.

THanks for cooking! If David helps you schuck corn, watch out, he may be stalking you!:rolleyes::p

Redd,

A watermelon IT , lounger and a cabana boy!

DONE!

Karen,

save a few husks for some tamales!!!!! Yummy!!!!!

Hey can you do those caricaures they do at the fairs?

That may be fun, Can I make you a chai tea?

DONE!

slick
06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't DO billiards and I don't DO shotguns.

All I want is a quiet place to relax and forget this hellish day I just had.

One very big, icy cold BM please...with a twist of lemon.

Thanks.

Can we please say a prayer for Zippy's Mom???

Karen
06-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Karen,

save a few husks for some tamales!!!!! Yummy!!!!!

Hey can you do those caricatures they do at the fairs?

That may be fun, Can I make you a chai tea?

DONE!

Alas, Richard I do not cartoon or do caricatures well.

I do people okay, but they have to be willing to sit relatively still for a few minutes! But for people, I'd rather draw than paint, and somebody's taken away my pencils.

I will save a few husks for tamales if you're making 'em! The soft, inner husks, right?

smokey the elder
06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
The only shotgun I've ever done was...never mind.:p:D

RICHARD
06-20-2008, 09:58 AM
The only shotgun I've ever done was...never mind.:p:D

Since I am a betting man I'd put my money on amnesia, photos and friends that could possibly blackmail/extort?

Close?:D

-------

Karen,

Do stick figures and tell people you were channeling Dali! Worked for me!:confused:

Tamale 101?

When my mom puts em together she gets the husk that are dried. Fresh husks would be a cooking experience!

Shall we? DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-21-2008, 01:45 PM
HAPPY FIRST FULL DAY OF SUMMER!!!

In summer's honor, I want a chocolate malt!!! :D

Oggyflute
06-21-2008, 11:28 PM
G'day All! :D

Summer!, alas where into winter down under. Fires are going full bore, and the temp is 7degC. Still thats no reason not crack open the champagne is there. Carole and I bought a house this weekend, so the bubbles have been flowing & life is know pretty good. :)

Karen
06-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Carole and I bought a house this weekend, so the bubbles have been flowing & life is know pretty good. :)

Congratulations!

Celebratory drinks all around, bartender!

RICHARD
06-22-2008, 04:40 AM
HAPPY FIRST FULL DAY OF SUMMER!!!

In summer's honor, I want a chocolate malt!!! :D

Can I join you?

DONE!

OGGY!
Good on the both of you! Now you can relax....

Did you get a fireplace in the deal?

Champagne all around! Toast to the new house!!!!

DONE!

Karen,

Surely you can do some internet champagne? DONE!

Oggyflute
06-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Thank you for the congrats. I did just notice my grammar wasn't at it's usual standard, :o must have been the bubbles! :D

Killearn Kitties
06-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Hi Oggy, nice to see you. Thanks for the champagne. :D
Have we had a horse in the bar before? Are there photos?

RICHARD
06-23-2008, 05:35 AM
KK,
I just had a flash.....If Mario were around, would we be in trouble with the horse on the grounds?

Killearn Kitties
06-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Mario would be in his element! A horse to ride in the bar! None of us would be safe from him.

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Ah schucks! LOH, I'll help with the corn. The food looks and smells great! After schucking I'll find a recliner down by the pool.

Thanks for your help with the corn davidp, just make sure you get a big slushie to go with that recliner.;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi LOH.

THanks for cooking! If David helps you schuck corn, watch out, he may be stalking you!:rolleyes::p

Boo, hiss Richard:rolleyes:

davidpizzica
06-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks for your help with the corn davidp, just make sure you get a big slushie to go with that recliner.;)

No problem, LOH! I'll get RICHARD to fire up the seement/shushie mixer and I'll be happy!

davidpizzica
06-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Boo, hiss Richard:rolleyes:

I agree. Real "corn"y, RICHARD!

RICHARD
06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Since you both are bending me ear....

One seement slushie, a recliner, some butter for the corn and I'll start on the tamales.

DONE!

lvpets2002
06-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Since you both are bending me ear....

One seement slushie, a recliner, some butter for the corn and I'll start on the tamales.

DONE!

:p Richard this was the best I could get for you on such a short notice..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/weekend12.gif

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2008, 02:18 PM
:p Richard this was the best I could get for you on such a short notice..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/weekend12.gif

I see that's a white cat!!! Now we know what the Edster does when Richard is gone, eh? :D

lvpets2002
06-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I see that's a white cat!!! Now we know what the Edster does when Richard is gone, eh? :D

Well now we know what my Texas babies are doing when I am not home..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/45n.jpg

Oggyflute
06-24-2008, 03:14 AM
KK,
I just had a flash.....If Mario were around, would we be in trouble with the horse on the grounds?
As long as he doesn't do Godiva impressions Richard. :D

RICHARD
06-24-2008, 07:37 AM
As long as he doesn't do Godiva impressions Richard. :D

I'd pay to see that!;)

Thanks LP!

We have tamales.

Pork, beef, chicken and 'sweet' flavored.

The pork are stuffed with a meat in a green chile sauce.

The beef and chicken are done in a red sauce.

The sweet have pineapple, or raisins and walnuts.
Those are served with hot chocolate....

Dig in!:)

davidpizzica
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
RICHARD, those tamales look delicious! How hot are they? I'll have a few and a seement slushie to wash it down with. Oggyflute, it's great to hear from you again!

RICHARD
06-24-2008, 08:56 AM
RICHARD, those tamales look delicious! How hot are they? I'll have a few and a seement slushie to wash it down with.

Spicy hot or Temperature hot?

You can have them either way!

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-25-2008, 07:00 AM
I agree. Real "corn"y, RICHARD!

Oh no, please don't go there! Before you know it we'll have a "corn"ucopia or bad corn puns.:(

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Those tamales sound good Richard, I'll have a couple of the sweet ones and an Irish coffee please.

davidpizzica
06-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Oh no, please don't go there! Before you know it we'll have a "corn"ucopia or bad corn puns.:(

LOH, I think we can "can" the corn for right now!

RICHARD
06-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Those tamales sound good Richard, I'll have a couple of the sweet ones and an Irish coffee please.

A wise choice!
DONE!

David,

Can the corn jokes?
I think there is a kernel of truth in there.

DONE!

davidpizzica
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
RICHARD, I'd like to have a plate of mild tamales and a big cherry slushie, please. I'm up to my "ears" in corn puns!