PDA

View Full Version : Is your cat a leftie or a rightie?

momcat
06-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I've noticed that Groucho always goes for his toys and reaches out with his left paw. Just curious, do your cats appear to favor reaching and touching/feeling things with one paw more than the other?

Randi
06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I noticed years ago that Fister is left pawed. I noticed him standing outside his litterbox covering his pee/poo with his left paw. I think he uses the left for other things as well.

Moesha
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Morgan is a rightie. He reaches for toys under things and pets me with his right paw. I believe he also arranges the litter with his right paw. Litter must be perfect!

Donnaj4962
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
What an intruiging question! I have never noticed! I will have to pay closer attention to both my girls. I will watch tonight and try to report back in!

lvpets2002
06-18-2008, 03:20 PM
What an intruiging question! I have never noticed! I will have to pay closer attention to both my girls. I will watch tonight and try to report back in!

:) MMmm me too will try to notice.. I think some of mine are leftie & some are rightie.. Hey great question..

RICHARD
06-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Years ago someone did a study with cats and how they started down a staircase and which paw they started out with. I forgot the school and the results, but I do know the Edster is right footed!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-18-2008, 04:23 PM
That is a very interesting question!! I will try to find tomorrow if my cats are left or right pawed:)

cassiesmom
06-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Cassie is a southpaw ... I am too! (except for writing) Swats at toys with her front left paw, digs in the litter pan left-right-left, and approaches her food dish from the left side. (my right as I set it down)

kb2yjx
06-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Several of the Clan are righties, but there are a few that are ambidextrious(SP)!!!

Carol Bulger1944
06-18-2008, 06:43 PM
That is something that I have never thought of. Got me curious! I will take notice to my cat from now on when it comes to using right or left. Cats never cease to amaze me....:confused:

Catty1
06-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Oscar is left-pawed - I taught him to "hold hands" and now he always uses his left paw!

Cole is left pawed - when he has not had enough patting, I get 'tapped' with the velvet toes!

Taz_Zoee
06-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Well now, I've not paid too much attention to that. But I do know the other day when Taz reached out and swatted Zoee on the rear that he came back with a paw full of fur and it was his right paw. So I'll have to see if he is consistent with the right foot. :)

RedHedd
06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Mitzi is definitely right pawed. She will give you a high-five with her right paw. When it's treat time she will reach for the treat with her right paw. When she digs through her toy basket it's with her right paw - it's SO cute.

cassiesmom
06-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Cassie is a southpaw ... I am too! (except for writing) Swats at toys with her front left paw, digs in the litter pan left-right-left, and approaches her food dish from the left side. (my right as I set it down)

Guess what? She was trying to bury a clingon yesterday - with her front right paw. (She was making burying motions on the rug. I've never seen her do that before. I don't know why she was trying to bury a poop that wasn't in the box. I just took some toilet tissue and put it in the toilet.)

jasonjuicer
06-25-2008, 05:22 PM
I've never noticed