PDA

View Full Version : Helping another little one in need. "UPDATE" in post #29

rg_girlca
06-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Even though I decided to take a break from rescuing for a while, I just couldn't resist what my neighbour brought to me.
She was at a funeral home today, standing outside, talking to some people when she noticed a boy of about 17 years old, put a cat carrier down on the sidewalk and then walk away. She went over and there was a widdle kitty inside. She waited around to see if the boy would come back and of course he didn't. She knew I was into rescuing, so she brought this little one to me as she is allergic to cats.
The kitty is a little black & white girl and even though very tiny, is about 7-8 weeks old because her eyes have started to change color.

Here are a few pictures of her.

Sleeping on my hubby's side.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures080-1.jpg

Waking up because of the flashy box.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures082.jpg

What the heck is that????
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures079.jpg

So it's back to trying to find a home for yet another little one.

Scooter's Mom
06-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I can't see the photos right now, but thank you so much for helping the widdle one!

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Lorraine, she's adorable and now she's in great hands.:) I'm sure that she'll be loved by all of your other furkids too.:) Good luck with finding her a new loving forever home.:)

Karen
06-17-2008, 11:06 PM
She's beautiful, and I'm sure she'll find a good home lickety-split with you as her advocate!

Grace
06-17-2008, 11:16 PM
What a darling! And so very nervous. It's wonderful she ended up with you to help her along right now.

Catty1
06-17-2008, 11:41 PM
What a darling little girl! I hope she settles down soon and eats ok. Has she purred yet?

Although I don't approve of what the boy did, he at least put her in a carrier, fairly close to a crowd of people, so that someone might notice her.

gentle tummy rubs to that little sweetie.:)

Taz_Zoee
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh my! Another adorable little kitten. I can hardly stand it! :)
I'm so glad she found her way to you so you can find her the perfect furrever home. :D

jenluckenbach
06-18-2008, 05:09 AM
How adorable!!!! Have fun with her.

Barbara
06-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Oh she is so cute :)
But I really am not sure what you think of someone who just abndones a kitty in a carrier? Near a funeral home ?:mad:

Medusa
06-18-2008, 07:18 AM
He may have just been doing what he was told to do by his parents, perhaps w/a severe penalty if he didn't. He may not have known where to turn for help. That isn't justification for his act but merely an attempt to understand why he would do such a thing. However, the point is moot. This little sweetheart was directed by Providence to you and she's now in good hands. A little kitten is so much fun. Enjoy her while you're working on finding her a good permanent home.

GILL
06-18-2008, 07:23 AM
What a cute little lover. At lest she is safe now.

Scooter's Mom
06-18-2008, 07:31 AM
I can see the photos now and she is a dollbaby!
Bless you, bless her, and bless the little boy who felt he had to abandon her.

catmandu
06-18-2008, 09:41 AM
OH MY GOODNESS SHE LOOKS LIKE BUSTER :love:, THE KITTEN THAT WS HERE ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO.
I FOUND POOR BUSTER , AND HE WAS A GREAT LITTLE FOUUND CAT UNTIL HE PASSED AWAY FAR TOO SOON AT 3.:(
THANK GOD THEY LEFT HER WHERE THEY KNEW SHE WOULD FIND SOMEOMNE TO CARE FOR HER, AND NOT JUST DUMP HER SOMEPLACE.
BLESS YOU YOU FOR HELPING BUSTERETTE ? :), AND BUSTER ANGELS :love:THERE NOW COMFORTING HIS LITTLE PROTEGE!!:love::love:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/BUSTERcopy.jpg
BUSTER KITTEN 1987 - 1990

Randi
06-18-2008, 09:56 AM
What a cute little girl. :) No wonder you couldn't resist her, although I'm sure you have enough already. Hope you find a loving forever home for her.

kimlovescats
06-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Lorraine!!! How adorable!!! Oh my, a widdle black & white bebe!!!:D

lvpets2002
06-18-2008, 11:49 AM
:love: Aweee look at this wittle Cutie Pie.. She is just precious..

cassiesmom
06-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Oh, what a dumpling darling baby kitty! Bless you for helping her!

Anikaca77
06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
What a cutie pie!

I'm so glad your friend was there to get this kitty and bring it to you.

Melissa

momcat
06-18-2008, 02:01 PM
OH and WOW!!!!!!! Lorraine, she is just beyond adorable. That little baby immediately turned me into mush all over the floor. Now I'm convinced that kitties are born being heart thieves, she already is a pro!

Thank you and bless you for caring enough to help this little one. She's going to know what it means to be loved and cared for beyond measure from a very early age. Because of you, this adorable sweetheart will know she can trust humans and can confidently look forward to the life every kitty deserves! Would you give her some head scritchies from me?

Donnaj4962
06-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh my, I had to pick myself up from the floor after melting! WHAT A CUTIE!!!! She sure is gorgeous. Does she have a name yet? I am sure she will thrive in your care and soon find a forever home! God Bless you for all that you do for these wee widdle ones! :love:

momcat
06-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh my, I had to pick myself up from the floor after melting! WHAT A CUTIE!!!! She sure is gorgeous. Does she have a name yet? I am sure she will thrive in your care and soon find a forever home! God Bless you for all that you do for these wee widdle ones! :love:

With all due recognition to Cassiesmom, have you considered naming her "Dumpling"? I hope you don't mind, Elyse, but your thread made me think this might be a good name for this sweetie!

rg_girlca
06-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Thank you everyone for your nice comments.:) Head scritchies will be delivered with pleasure and haven't picked out a name yet.

Hopefully if the hubby makes it home in time from his doctors appointment, we will be bringing her to the vets tonight, if not, then definitely tomorrow.
I pray this little one gets a clean bill of health.

She is so skinny that you can feel her spine sticking out, has terrible earmites and a left watery eye with a bit of a discharge, which looks almost dark gray.
When I put her first feeding down, she attacked it like you wouldn't believe.

I cleaned her ears with baby oil the best I could and cleaned her little eye with warm water. I also put a few drops of Revolution on her.

She has to stay in the hubby's room for now because Thursday night I will be catsitting two of my former rescues until Monday night and they will be staying in my room.

I have mixed feelings about the boy who abandoned her, but I'm definitely thankful that he didn't just dump her in a laneway. I would also like to think that maybe he was lurking in the shadow's to make sure that someone did take her, since he had the decency to put her in a carrier near a crowd of people.

pitc9
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh how CUTE!
I know people dump animals all the time, but for this to be a young person makes it worse..... it's the next generation of heartless people. :(

I hope a great home is found for her soon!

moosmom
06-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Lorraine,

She is adorable!! She was very lucky to have you find her.

phesina
06-18-2008, 05:49 PM
How sweet! Thank you so much for taking her in, Lorraine.

God bless you, her, and all your family.

catmandu
06-18-2008, 06:44 PM
PERHAPS THAT YOUNG FELLOW HAD NO CHOICE:(, THAT HE WAS TOLD BY HIS PARENTS TO FIND THAT KITTEN A NEW HOME.:(
THAT WAS A KINDNESS:D THAT HE LEFT THAT KITTEN AND CARRIER WHERE SHE COULD BE FOUND, AND NOT JUST LEAVE HER AT A SHELTER WHERE THE ODDS WOULD BE AGAINST HER.:(
WE KNOW NOW THAT COME WHAT MAY, THAT THAT SWEET LITTLE ONES FUTIRE IS ASSURED NOW, AND THAT SHE IS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES WHO BEAT THE ODDS IN FINDING A FURREVER:love: HOME.:love:

catfamily
06-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Thank Goodness he was kind enough to buy a carrier for the kitten...instead of dumping her on the street.

i fostered 2 kittens that jan found on the dark streets of a very terrible neighborhood(she knew about a guy dumping kittens all over the area (seperately)in a scary area...leaving 5 week old black kittens out all night by themselves until 2 were saved by her...1 one day the next the following day...the other littermates are probably dead from being eaten,run over,starved,heartattack from fright...anything...bad kids lived in that area too,could of done terrible things i just cannot think about.I can't think about it or i get very troubled by these thoughts.

so i have to say that i really am greatful he bought a carrier....i just wish he put them all in this carrier because they all would of been helped by you Lorraine.
i'm sure he did the same to other her other littermates.
just so happy he bought carriers.
if their were more...i know he's trying anyway...with a carrier and where people are to pick them up.

Vermontcat
06-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Awww! She is such a cute little black and white kitty!:D
Does she have a name yet?
Thank you so much for taking her in.

rg_girlca
06-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Well Kitty Girl was a good widdle kitty for the vet. I was wrong with her age. The vet said she is closer to 6 weeks old. No wonder she is so small and weighs in at 1.5 lbs. She has a bad case of ear mites, which will be treated with ear drops and has diarrhea, which will be treated with a paste that looks like Nutri-Cal. She gets 1/2 inch of it morning and night. No fever, which is good. Checked her eye and said he doesn't see anything. He figures she just got some dirt in it. I'm to call back tomorrow to get the results of her stool sample.

She goes back in 10 days for her vaccinations because they have to be 2 lbs. or more to get their first vaccinations.

So all in all she's doing good.

Here are some more pictures of her. I wanted to show you her colors on her sides.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/06-18-08F.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/06-18-08E.jpg

Isn't she sweet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/06-18-08D.jpg

That's all for now folks. :)

Scooter's Mom
06-18-2008, 10:07 PM
She is adorable!

Catty1
06-18-2008, 10:11 PM
THUNK! Me hitting the floor because she is SOOOO adorable! Just a sweet little girl!

catfamily
06-19-2008, 04:10 AM
lorraine...she is such a darling little girl.I feel bad that you'll need to foot the bill because of this guy...but at least she's safe,with the best carer.

is there any way to find someone to help finding a home for her?

i know around here...if i brought in a kitten to our nearest humane society,or shelter...the kitten would have a home in days...everyone is looking for kittens,sadley not adults.

this is not something you expected and money has been tight.
for everyone,but this is another expense you didn't expect.
thank you for taking her and also bringing her to the vet.
thanks again for having such a big heart.

i hope you can find a home for her before it's time to have her fixed.
i can pitch in if you end up with all the expenses...it's too much money
to do yourself.i know it's been tough.
your so good to not think about anything else but bringing her to the vet.

orangemm
06-19-2008, 05:17 AM
What a lucky little girl she is! Amazing how these little ones just seem to gravitate towards YOU!:confused::D:eek:

Bless you for taking her in; poor little thing must have been starving. She is gorgeous!

Medusa
06-19-2008, 06:19 AM
The last pic of her looking up at you is just too precious! Thank you for caring for this sweet little girl. What chance would she have had otherwise?

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Thank you for taking her in - she is beautiful

At least he left her where she was going to be found I suppose :rolleyes:

catnapper
06-19-2008, 06:44 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

You have a knack for finding the cutest little ones! Good luck with her!

GILL
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh God I'm In Love.

jazzcat
06-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh she is so cute!!!!!

You're a sweetheart to get back in the fostering business.:love:

nancys
06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Thank you for taking her in. I can't help but wonder what the young man who left her was thinking - maybe he thought there were enough people around that someone would surely take her? She is beyond cute! I could very easuily love her - I'm partial to black & white cats. :love:

rg_girlca
06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on Kitty Girl.:D

lorraine...she is such a darling little girl.I feel bad that you'll need to foot the bill because of this guy...but at least she's safe,with the best carer.

is there any way to find someone to help finding a home for her?

i know around here...if i brought in a kitten to our nearest humane society,or shelter...the kitten would have a home in days...everyone is looking for kittens,sadley not adults.

this is not something you expected and money has been tight.
for everyone,but this is another expense you didn't expect.
thank you for taking her and also bringing her to the vet.
thanks again for having such a big heart.

i hope you can find a home for her before it's time to have her fixed.
i can pitch in if you end up with all the expenses...it's too much money
to do yourself.i know it's been tough.
your so good to not think about anything else but bringing her to the vet.

What a sweet, caring friend you are Carla. I am very touched by your offer, but it's not needed. I have an Emergency Cat fund, which I put part of my pay in weekly for times like this. So no need to worry. But thank you my dear, I truely appreciate it. Also my vet is a sweetie and gives me a nice discount on my rescues.:)
I will be calling a few rescue shelters that I have contacted before in hopes they can help me again to find a home for her and our Humane Society is a kill shelter, so won't be going there as they apparently are so full right now.

momtomany
06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
She looks just like one of the kitties in one of my colonies. Bless you for taking her in and keeping her safe.

phesina
06-19-2008, 08:21 PM
What a dear little thing.. So pretty!

momcat
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi Lorraine, I just had to grab another look at that adorable little baby. How is she doing? Would you give her some lovies for me?

kimlovescats
06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Lorraine, she is just so adorable! I'm glad she had a pretty good check-up! Poor widdle baby only 6 weeks old! Bless you for taking her in Lorraine! You're the best!!!:love:

catfamily
06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
it's been a loooong time since i had kittens :eek:
I mean...since i cared for kittens ;) :D

i bet she's adorable and your thinking of keeping her :)

Barbara
06-25-2008, 07:10 AM
aaawww aaawww aaawww- how sweet she is! She is so lucky to be with you.

pitc9
06-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh that late picture is TOO CUTE!!
Ahhhh!!!! :eek:

:D

jennielynn1970
07-05-2008, 05:24 AM
What an absolutely adorable little girl!!! That little face, those huge eyes!!! I don't think she'd be leaving my place anytime soon, lol.

Has she been tested for FIV/FeLV yet, or is she too young? I hope everything come back that she's healthy and will be able to find a home ASAP!

You take in some of the cutest and sweetest kitties! Big hugs to you and your wonderful heart!