PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Photobucket????

moosmom
06-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I've got some great pictures of Rorie but Photobucket won't take my sign in or password. This has happened before but eventually I was able to get in. Has anyone else here been having problems? I even tried getting into it through Firefox with no luck.

Anyone else having problems??

Almita
06-17-2008, 07:31 PM
I just tried and it worked for me.
I use Firefox, and it was working.
That's odd..

binka_nugget
06-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Photobucket was hacked earlier, I believe. They're probably just getting it straightened out right now. :)

moosmom
06-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh great! I hope I don't lose my photos.

Taz_Zoee
06-17-2008, 08:30 PM
It just worked for me, but it has been so slow since they upgraded it.

Hellow
06-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I did not notice a problem at all.

Catty1
06-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Donna - a while back, I think it was after they got hacked, they were asking users to change their passwords or something like that. Did you ever do that?

Try "change password" on the site, if they have that, and see what happens.

Good luck!

Hellow
06-17-2008, 09:27 PM
I never did change my password but i can still get in.

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I had to just sign in with my same username and password several times before the site remembered me. I never had any problems getting in though. I notice that tonight a lot of photos are showing up as red x's and they're from photobucket. Maybe they're doing some maintenance work.

Catty1
06-17-2008, 11:54 PM
There's a few posts on a Photobucket blog that might help here:

http://forums.photobucket.com/showthread.php?t=5399

Also - have you tried accessing it from a different computer?

I don't know what this has to do with anything, but Photobucket released an API on May 1st:http://blog.programmableweb.com/2008/05/01/photobucket-releases-public-api/

Hellow
06-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Also, try clearing your internet cache and try logging in.

kittycats_delight
06-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Donna I stayed signed in for weeks on end only when my history is cleared and my cookies and stuff do I get logged out (i think that happens every 15 or 20 days) Anyway, I got logged out this morning and when I tried to sign in it wouldn't accept my password. I had my password emailed to me and then I signed in. It was NOT the password I had picked. I got in and then I went and changed my in my account options. I signed out and signed back in with the new password. Everything seems A-OK now.

Michelle

Almita
06-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Donna - a while back, I think it was after they got hacked, they were asking users to change their passwords or something like that. Did you ever do that?

Try "change password" on the site, if they have that, and see what happens.

Good luck!

Yes they were asking that i remember, but i didn't know what was the reason. Good thing i changed mine!

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Right now the website is down so I can't even get to it.:( I also can't view a lot of pictures that people have posted here. The same was true last night as well.:( I sure hope that they hurry up and get their website up and running. I do most of my viewing and posting at night because I don't have access to a computer while I'm at work.

Almita
06-19-2008, 12:50 AM
That's odd it isn't working for you now.
when i saw you post i tried it worked.
Tried again still is working.
Still quite odd for certain people showing and not.

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2008, 01:16 AM
No, it's still not working for me.:( I click on my favorites where I have the address stored and I even tried typing the address but I keep on getting the website cannot be found page.:( I can see some people's pictures but many of them are just red x's.

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Can some one please post the link that they're using to go to photobucket. I tried again this morning and every link that I click on says that the website can't be found.:( I'm also still seeing a lot of red x's in people's posts and even in some of their signature pictures. Is any one else having this problem?

Randi
06-19-2008, 10:13 AM
I had problems a while back, uploading from Safari, but I could from Firefox. Which browser are you using? What size and extension are the pics you're trying to upload?

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
I had problems a while back, uploading from Safari, but I could from Firefox. Which browser are you using? What size and extension are the pics you're trying to upload?

Randi, my browser is internet explorer and I'm not even trying to upload any pictures. I just wanted to go their website and I can't even do that because when I click on the link it says that the website can't be found. Are you able to see everyone's pictures? Now I can't even see my own signature pictures and I was able to see them earlier. Do you think that something is blocking me from photobucket?

moosmom
06-19-2008, 11:18 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:DUH!!

It was me. I kept putting in the wrong password.

krazyaboutkatz
06-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Now I can finally get to photobucket. I had to update my windows with a validation tool so I don't know if this was causing the site to not be found. I'm still seeing a lot of red x's though.:(

kelli1843
06-19-2008, 01:37 PM
I had numerous problems accessing my account with them for last 2 months. I even paid to upgrade and it got worse. I joined a PB forum, on another site and still had problems, even after contact with forum mods and PB help techs.

I don't have a good feeling about them and have been researching into alternate picture hosting/sharing sites. It's too bad, as I've been with them for long time.

Hellow
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Heh, the way you put it, i should start hosting my own pictures on my server :rolleyes:.

smokey the elder
06-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Randi, my browser is internet explorer and I'm not even trying to upload any pictures. I just wanted to go their website and I can't even do that because when I click on the link it says that the website can't be found. Are you able to see everyone's pictures? Now I can't even see my own signature pictures and I was able to see them earlier. Do you think that something is blocking me from photobucket?

Maybe Internet Exploder is the problem.;)

Almita
06-20-2008, 03:23 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:DUH!!

It was me. I kept putting in the wrong password.

haha, aweee.
maybe since some had to change their password, people forgot it was a new one, not the old password.

Catty1
06-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I always had to go to Photobucket on IE, as Firefox wouldn't work.

Well, I went there one time - and IE wouldn't work at ALL.

So, I have been using Firefox ever since.:)