06-16-2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/photogallery/arts/1273/

Twisterdog
06-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Oh. My. Gosh.

Speechless. :eek:

Karen
06-17-2008, 12:31 AM
So, being a fan of someone enough to get their image as a tattoo is "regrettable?" Why?

Isn't that smarter than getting a significant other's name tattooed on and then breaking up with them and having it there forever?

Catty1
06-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I thought they could have used more interesting examples than they did.

At least none of them were on areas that would SAG...that would do some interesting things to the faces! LOL

Cinder & Smoke
06-17-2008, 01:32 AM
:eek:

I never knew Chuck (#6) had a "bad eye" ...

Wouldn't you just LOVE (not) to have BAD art displayed on your bod? :(
:mad:

:rolleyes:

IRescue452
06-17-2008, 06:08 AM
That's some damn good tattoo work. Too bad its mixed up with the regrettably creepy. I mean if somebody had a tattoo of my adopted son, I'd never let him out of the house.

Twisterdog
06-17-2008, 11:57 PM
So, being a fan of someone enough to get their image as a tattoo is "regrettable?" Why?

Isn't that smarter than getting a significant other's name tattooed on and then breaking up with them and having it there forever?

IMO, because the star you thinks is simply the coolest, greatest thing ever when you are eighteen is probably not going to still be your greatest idol when you are thirty. Fads die, trends pass. I mean really, do you still think that person is still going to think "Snakes on a Plane" is the greatest movie ever made in ten years? LOL

If I would have gotten a tatoo of Jon Bon Jovi in 1986, I would have LOVED it ... until about 1990. And I would be MORTIFIED to still have it on my body today.

I have my husband's name on my ankle. I have every intention of being married to him until I die. Things happen, of course ... but he is my husband. I think Sam Elliott is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I don't want his face on my arm.

DJFyrewolf36
06-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Im happy to say Im never going to regret any tattoo I have on my body...a lot of care and planning went into every one I have (even though one still needs to be finished lol)
Some people though, you have to wonder.

Medusa
06-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Years ago my nephew had his girlfriend's name tatooed on 3 of his fingers, 1 letter on each finger: LES (for Leslie). They broke up shortly after he joined the Army. He never had the tat removed to remind him never to do that again. LOL I guess now LES could stand for Leaky Eye Syndrome.

binka_nugget
06-18-2008, 11:56 AM
A few of those are REALLY well done. The work on the Elf one is especially amazing.. too bad it's Will Ferrell....

lvpets2002
06-18-2008, 12:11 PM
:)All is very good art work..

RICHARD
06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
LOL I guess now LES could stand for Leaky Eye Syndrome.

Before or after getting popped in the eye?:confused:

------------------------------

I wanted to get a tattoo that would say-

"Hey, you haven't seen a tattoo like this on anyone, have you!"

On cold days it would say "Hey, you!":confused::rolleyes:;)

Freedom
06-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Chewy on the REALLY hairy leg was hilarious! :D

K9karen
06-28-2008, 12:41 AM
:eek: ouch.

Suki Wingy
06-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Chewy on the REALLY hairy leg was hilarious! :D

Yeah, I think he'd be covered once that person's hair grew in! I do think it's a little creepy and question the reason why someone felt the need to get the face of someone else's adopted son tattooed on their body though, above them all.

Sevaede
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree with the adopted son statements. That's just creepy.

Donnaj4962
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
As I was researching my tattoo, I looked at the portfolios of several local artists, and in one, I saw a heart tattoo, with a ribbon flying across it and in the ribbon, it said "Your name here"!!!! Now THAT is hysterical! :D Whoever got that tattoo had a great sense of humor.... or had recently been jilted!

My tattoo is my own design, and I love it. I will never regret it. In fact, I wear it proudly!

catland
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I thought the "snakes on a plane" one was kind of fun.

True story about my sister's husband. He had a tatoo. Had wife #1's name on it (she's wife #2). He had the name replaced with the name of his true love, the one that would never let him down.....

Harley

:D

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 08:59 PM

Harley

:D

LOL,

Vespa? ;)

For some-

Metropolitan Transportation District?:eek:

cloverfdx
07-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Yep love the Snakes on a Plane one LOL.

mugsy
07-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I've seen MUCH more interesting tats in MUCH more interesting and painful places...barber poles and snakes with teeth come to mind...:p

There's no accounting for peoples' choices! lol

RICHARD
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I've seen MUCH more interesting tats in MUCH more interesting and painful places...barber poles and snakes with teeth come to mind...:p

There's no accounting for peoples' choices! lol

Those sound very gender specific.:eek::D

mugsy
07-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Those sound very gender specific.:eek::D

You are VERY smart Richard!! They would, indeed, be gender specific! lol And I ask you...does that not sound terrifically painful?

RICHARD
07-05-2008, 05:02 PM
You are VERY smart Richard!! They would, indeed, be gender specific! lol And I ask you...does that not sound terrifically painful?

Uh, I have a dirty mind?

The only people who are getting close to me with needles in that gender specific area are....

NO-ONE!!!!

I freak out over tetanus shots.....no thanks.

BARBER POLE? I just thought about that....and how do you ....ah......keep the skin taut for something that "artistic"?:rolleyes::eek:

mugsy
07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Uh, I have a dirty mind?

BARBER POLE? I just thought about that....and how do you ....ah......keep the skin taut for something that "artistic"?:rolleyes::eek:

Actually, that is on a Friend of a Friend...and, ummm....I don't think I want to venture down that road! lol

RICHARD
07-05-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't think I want to venture down that road! lol

Or stop in for a haircut either.

I used to work down the hall from the morgue-the girls there would come over and tell us what they "found" during the week....

I guess you can't get embarrassed any more at THAT point!;)

Catty1
07-05-2008, 08:00 PM
LOL! People who are getting body art done - tattoos, etc - that is all well and good....but remember who's gonna see you one day! The morgue staff.... :eek::D

RICHARD
07-05-2008, 09:37 PM
On the Graham Norton talk show -BBC America - tonight...

I was watching a rerun of the show with Marilyn Manson and Nigella Lawson on...During the program they began to talk to a guy who had himself and his undercarriage tattooed!

He said that it took 50 hours with a local anesthetic to have the whole thing done.

They didn't show the tattoo, but they had a woman nurse look at it from behind a screen. She said it was a dragon kinda thing....:eek::confused: