PDA

View Full Version : I'm not usually a big fan of golf...

smokey the elder
06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
..But the US Open last day was great! I started watching it in spite of myself. Some 45 year old unknown who's never won a major, going stroke for stroke with Tiger Woods! Tee time for the playoff is noon Eastern.

Taz_Zoee
06-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I watched golf back when I was dating a guy that played. But basically to me it's very boring. Yesterday at Bruce's moms house his brother turned it on and we saw the last stroke (or whatever you call it) made by Tiger.
As I said yesterday, I think Tiger Woods has made golf more exciting and interesting to the younger people.

sparks19
06-16-2008, 12:30 PM
AHHHH it's on now? Dang... I gotta go watch lol.

I don't usually watch either but yesterday was really exciting lol

Trinityagain
06-16-2008, 01:21 PM
The unknown is from Greensburg, PA...about 45 minutes from my house...my fingers are crossed! Go Rocko!!!!!!

RobiLee
06-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm watching it. I watched it with my dad yesterday so I gotta watch it now to see who wins ;).

smokey the elder
06-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Tiger just birdied the 18th hole AGAIN! They are going to sudden death. I'm glad they don't have to keep playing 18 hole rounds...this could be the cricket match of golf games!

sparks19
06-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Tiger just birdied the 18th hole AGAIN! They are going to sudden death. I'm glad they don't have to keep playing 18 hole rounds...this could be the cricket match of golf games!

Wasn't that crazy lol

and then Poor Rocco hit some unlucky shots in the sudden death. hate to see that happen.

Craftlady
06-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Tigers daughter is soooooooooooo cute.
She didnt want to leave Dad's arms when he was going up to get his trophy. Awesome round of golf. Amazing because Tiger's knee was bothering him the whole weekend. He had surgery on a knee a few months back.

smokey the elder
06-17-2008, 03:11 PM
So I wonder when Tiger's little girl will get her first putter?:p:)

RICHARD
06-18-2008, 04:12 PM
i watched a hole or two.

There was an article in the L.A. Daily News about the louts that were in attendance over the tournament.

Apparently one caddy went into the 'stands' after some hecklers and there were some other AHs that were pretty rude.

A woman passed out at one hole and when someone went to her aid a fan yelled at him to sit down so he could see Woods putt.

-------------

The story about Woods having his knee operated on again is not good news.

The torque he put on it during his drives isn't the best for someone who just had surgery.

Reconstructive surgery is pretty advanced now, as opposed to before, but there is something that hasn't been told....

Open versus Laparoscopic- If the word comes out that he will have an 'open' surgery, that means they will open the knee up to fix it. Far more serious that a lap surgery.

The fact that he has been twisting it on drives since he was a kid makes me a little wary about the news. Something is up!:(

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
DUDE!

WTF was TW thinking?

He has a double stress fracture of the left leg he never took care of.

THAT was probably why he screwed up the right knee by favoring the left leg.

I also heard he has back problems and that he had to modify his swing because of it.

I have the feeling that this guy will suffer when he gets older.

All the money in the world isn't going to help him later on. Really sad.